No announcement yet.

The Erica/Father Jack Relationship Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Erica/Father Jack Relationship Thread

You'll see what I mean after this has aired... these two are kind of hot together. Never mind that he's a priest and it'd probably be incredibly inappropriate anyway.

I can't wait to see them interact because I've already heard lots of great things about the chemistry between Mitchell and Gretsch and they do look amazing together in pictures but unfortunately, Elizabeth has pretty much already shut the door on the possibility of a romance between the characters in a recent interview. But who knows, maybe several seasons of unresolved sexual tension will be a fun thing to watch too.
    Last edited by shadow08; 11-01-2009, 05:34 AM.

Comment

I have a feeling that I'll be posting in this thread A LOT.

Originally posted by shadow08
      unfortunately, Elizabeth has pretty much already shut the door on the possibility of a romance between the characters in a recent interview.
      Well, not totally...

Yeah, she might have referred to God as an "insurmountable obstacle" between them, but she also said this (WARNING: Spoilers for Lost and V in the article):

“I feel like it provides more tension and more obstacles, a really, really big obstacle that’s pretty much insurmountable between them, but I don’t think it any way negates the sexual tension … which I always find so enticing on television. Once two people kiss, I’m never as captivated.”

I'd be okay with small moments between them and a lot of UST, even if it never happens. But, part of me thinks that it might be something of a trope for them to set her up as a single mother interacting with a "Father". To me, that's like say, Enchanted where Robert is a single father and Giselle shows up into his life, and eventually, becomes mother to little Morgan or Darth Vader actually meaning "Dark Father" and being father to Luke Skywalker.

I'm just saying...I think it's interesting because it could foreshadow a future relationship between Erica and Jack and Jack becoming a father to Tyler.

I think even though he's a priest and it's unlikely that they will be together, I also don't think it CAN'T happen, if that makes any sense (maybe only in my head, hee)?

Okay, I've already thought about this way too much and haven't even seen an episode yet.

Originally posted by KryptonSite
      ... these two are kind of hot together. Never mind that he's a priest and it'd probably be incredibly inappropriate anyway.
      I kinda think they're the new Mike and Julie.

I keep trying NOT to ship them, but I'm finding that to be an abyssmal failure. Even if they don't get together in the end, I'll probably still ship them, anyway.
      Last edited by savingpeoplething; 11-01-2009, 02:25 PM.

Comment

I'm very sure they are going to play up some sexual tension between them considering how good looking the actors are and all but I don't think they'll ever have them act on it.

Whatever they plan to do with Erica's love life I'll be happy as long as they don't hook her up with Scott Wolf's character. I can't even picture Mitchell and Wolf together. He's not manly enough for her for a lack of a better word. And please no more love triangles. Not after Lost.
        Last edited by shadow08; 11-01-2009, 03:58 PM.

Comment

I'm very sure they are going to play up some sexual tension between them considering how good looking the actors are
          It would be a shame not to capitalize on the pairing, on some level, because you waste the good-lookingness

Whatever they plan to do with Erica's love life I'll be happy as long as they don't hook her up with Scott Wolf's character. I can't even picture Mitchell and Wolf together. He's not manly enough for her for a lack of a better word.
          Totally agree! That's what I love about Father Jack being shown in the promos to be throwing a punch. Glad he's got some fight in him! I love that he can get in there with Erica in that capacity.

And please no more love triangles. Not after Lost.
          I hear that.

Comment

Originally posted by savingpeoplething
            It would be a shame not to capitalize on the pairing, on some level, because you waste the good-lookingness
            That's true. The good thing about a possible Erica/Jack romance (besides the hotness) is that there surely wouldn't be a love triangle attached to it. It would just be them and that would be great to see after Elizabeth's stint as Juliet on Lost. For some reason, she doesn't seem to have a lot of luck with love triangle storylines on TV.

Totally agree! That's what I love about Father Jack being shown in the promos to be throwing a punch. Glad he's got some fight in him! I love that he can get in there with Erica in that capacity.
            Are you curious to find out who they are going to cast as Erica's ex? Looking at her son Tyler it will surely be a dark haired guy.

Comment

Are you curious to find out who they are going to cast as Erica's ex? Looking at her son Tyler it will surely be a dark haired guy
              Matthew Fox? J/k
              I wouldn't mind them bringing Josh Holloway over to be her new FBI partner.

Comment

The good thing about a possible Erica/Jack romance (besides the hotness) is that there surely wouldn't be a love triangle attached to it. It would just be them
                That's pretty much how it is for Mike and Julie in the original V. There was no love triangle attached to it, they just fell in love with each other in a really trying time, which made it seem that much more important.

I think if they do hook up Erica and Jack, I'd rather be triangle-less and maybe more towards the end of the series because like Elizabeth, it's more fun to watch the UST.

Are you curious to find out who they are going to cast as Erica's ex? Looking at her son Tyler it will surely be a dark haired guy.
                You know, I sort of worry about who gets cast as Tyler's father because if he's an attractive guy? There might be a triangle.

I do wonder what happened with Erica and her Ex. I kind of hope he'll end up being the complete opposite of Jack.

Originally posted by EMLostfan
                I wouldn't mind them bringing Josh Holloway over to be her new FBI partner.
                I would have absolutely no problem with that

Comment

Yeah I could see it.

Comment

I'm definitely feeling it! I also love Nichols and his girlfriend. They have great chemistry.

Comment

Just like I thought, I'm totally shipping Erica/Jack.

Meet Cute at the Resistance Meeting? PERFECT.

Her telling him that he was brave and he pulls her away after she "kills" her partner.

Them sitting out underneath the stars by themselves, where he holds her hand to comfort her?

Yep, I can't help myself. Too ship-tastic for me to say no.
                      Last edited by savingpeoplething; 11-04-2009, 05:18 AM.

Comment

They were really cute when he held her hand. It's just gonna suck that they can never get together though so it's kinda setting yourself up for punishment by shipping them. It's like knowing if you take another step you're going to get torchered, but going forward anyway lol.

Comment

Originally posted by EMLostfan
                          it's kinda setting yourself up for punishment by shipping them. It's like knowing if you take another step you're going to get torchered, but going forward anyway lol.
                          I'll accept the consequences

Comment

Heh, I did sense a ship incoming -- and not just the Visitors' mothership. I don't blame anyone for shipping this pair, because already, in the Pilot alone, they had good chemistry, and you know they're going to be working well together over the course of the rest of the season/show.

--SGuthrie ><>' --

Comment

I think they will be Mulder/Scully like only without the hookup. If they were to go there after all I wouldn't complain. They look good together and have some beautiful chemistry.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎