No announcement yet.

Series 3 news

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series 3 news

lightstarangel (at the merlinbbc lj) was at the MCM Expo last weekend and reports that Johnny Capp said Series 3 was pretty much confirmed. That's not press-release worthy yet but it seems like the beebs must be happy enough with "Merlin" for Capp to sat that to a fan (it was at the signing table).

If they would just stop mucking around with the time it airs!

they need to turn this into a 9pm saturday show, put a bit more adult oriented storylines in it, i think this show would do even better

they have no reason to cancel it, all tho the average views for the first season was 6.4m

in the 2nd is seems to be 5.4m

but considering it will get 4m in the us, i think this show will go on

Comment

Yay! More Merlin!

Comment

Gah! I can't believe we have to wait for 9 ruddy months! *needs my Merlin fix*

Comment

Four months now. Be patient, children.

Comment

/\ I know right It's coming round the corner!

Comment

I hope the wait it worth it.

Comment

4 months? Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

Comment

/\ Well the consolation is that there'll be a trailer in August

Comment

FYI everyone, I'm going to be interviewing Colin Morgan, Anthony Head, and the show's creators this week in San Diego. If you have any specific questions for series 3 you want me to ask, please post them and I will work them in.

Comment

/\Hey that is so exciting!, I hope you have a blast for those who can't be there

Umm, okay i'm having a brain fail right now and can't think of any question, but some peeps off LiveJournal have some questions :

-"For me, the best part of the series is Gwen and Morgana's friendship. Are there any plans to have a 'Girl's Only' episode devoted to the both of them? Give Colin and Bradley the day off."

-If there will be a return to the ' two sides of the same coin ' analogy from season one, and perhaps if anyone from season 1 will be making a reappearance in series 3 such as Hunith, Will or even Nimeuh.
                      -If there will be a showdown between Merlin and Morgana or perhaps even Merlin and Morgause ?.

-Will there be any episode that shows Merlin a vision of the future as wizzard Merlin by King's Arthur's side?

-For all four of them, if they have any pets?
                      -For all four of them, what was the hardest episode to act/write/produce in S1 AND S2?

-For each of them, what was their favorite scene that did *not* make it into the series?
                      -Since Colin's CV says that he can play the bodhran, is Merlin ever going to get to play it in an episode? Will Uther ever get to sing?
                      -Since the series is pretty episodic, how do you approach your character's growth as the series goes along?

-What about Uther/Gwen in series 3? what about Merlin/Gwen in series 3?

-Stella from Germany misses Bradley at cons. ;P

-For the producers: will there be any American actor/actress playing any part in Merlin in future?
                      For Colin/ASH: will he be doing any work outside of Merlin this year?

...It's alot of questions I know
                      Last edited by genvillewars92; 07-20-2010, 04:27 AM.

Comment

How will they explain Merlin's real name as Emeris or whatever it is considering his parents didn't tell him about it.

Comment

Some great questions guys. Thanks.

Genville, I think though we won't be seeing Uther/Gwen or at least I sincerely hope not . Also, I think the later episodes established that Merlin just sees Gwen as a friend and that he's a shipper on deck for Arthur/Gwen.

Comment

In what ways does the bond between Merlin and Arthur grow stronger throughout Series 3? Does the show continues to portray their relationship with that admirable balance of levity and seriousness that we've seen in the first two series?

Overall, does the progression of Series 3 lead Merlin to start considering it might be wise to reveal his magic in the near future, or does it lead him to realize that a magic reveal would be more impossible and dangerous than ever?

If your interview gets posted on the Internet, please post us a link!

Comment

If it's not too late...

- Johnny Capp has said it's critical to the premise that Arthur doesn't find out but it make Arthur look pretty dense. How does he intend to make Arthur look like he's becoming a wise king and yet miss Merlin doing magic within feet of him. Please, no glib answers! It's at the heart of fandom frustration for many.

- Why didn't they explore the Merlin/Morgana potential or is it still a possibility? Seems like it would have provided a very dramatic edge to what has happened thus far.

- What has been, to date, Colin's favorite episode he's filmed for S3. He doesn't have to provide all the details, just let us know which one to watch out for.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎