Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lex in Bride & Requiem was a mandroid/cyborg

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really wish this theory was true because Lex seemed much more lame without Rosenbaum around and it was a bad arc all around.

Comment

Me too. It's weird because they never confirmed any of this, but what they did confirm has so many holes and it's pretty much impossible. How did Lex who was not found in Odyssey, 6 weeks after the events of Arctic, suddenly get found and be in the care of whoever was tending to his needs? And if he did die in Requiem, who the hell gathered clone parts to build a FrankenLex? They showed Regan in season 8 but many people think he was killed by Tess. If he did escape it was never confirmed. And how the hell did Lex have all his memories if he died in Requiem when there was not a damn thing left of him? Did they back up his memories prior to his death to give them to a cloned brain? Why would they even do that unless they expected him to die? And which doctor would have been involved in all of this? How did they get into & out of the mansion, which is where that LX0 chamber was shown to have been all that time when Tess lived in the mansion and it would have been right under her nose? I mean seriously, how can you have the return of Clark's greatest enemy be based on nothing but hearsay & plotholes?

Comment

It was a clone. The clone was paralyzed and left alone in the truck with no protection, while Lex controlled events from somewhere else.
        An android wouldn't hold up to autopsy.
        The entire point wasn't to permanently split Clark and Lana, but rather to push Clark far enough to break his code of ethics and become a murderer. The added bonus for Lex was that with Clark and Oliver believing him dead, they would stop tracking him.

Comment

It was the real Lex. Season 10 confirmed more than once that the real Lex died in the truck explosion.

Comment

According to Bryan Q. Miller some bits of Lex survived the explosion* (he's not specific about which bits, but it probably included Lex's brain), which was then combined with good parts from his clones (and the heart of E-2 Lionel). The only question is who did it, which is something that could be explored in a season 12 comic or animated revival, if they'd make one of those.

*In season one, they hinted that Lex had been mutated by the meteors (apart from the hairloss), giving him perfect health. "Extinction" lists him as a suspected MF with some form of invulnerability (heck, in S4, they established that Lex survived a poison that would've killed most people). The stuff Brainiac injected him with in "Oracle" gave him an ability to heal rapidly (unclear if he'd entirely lost that ability afterwards. He clearly couldn't heal as fast, but just a little faster than normal. The guy got his torso cut in "Quest" and was running around mere hours later). So, why couldn't some parts of him survive an explosion?
            Last edited by jon-el87; 09-01-2019, 08:45 AM.

Comment

When watching this as it happened back in season 8, my first thoughts were this Lex was a clone and that the real Lex was out there somewhere, controlling the events to unfold to make it look like he really died so that Clark, Oliver, Lana, Chole and whoever else would get off his back and that so he could rest and heal peacefully. Then season 10 came along and out went my theory, lol

But yeah, this Lex was no mandroid or cyborg. It was the real deal, according to what we knew back in season 10 and what we obviously know now.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSecretVampire
                When watching this as it happened back in season 8, my first thoughts were this Lex was a clone and that the real Lex was out there somewhere, controlling the events to unfold to make it look like he really died so that Clark, Oliver, Lana, Chole and whoever else would get off his back and that so he could rest and heal peacefully. Then season 10 came along and out went my theory, lol

But yeah, this Lex was no mandroid or cyborg. It was the real deal, according to what we knew back in season 10 and what we obviously know now.
                We see Lex in Bride and he's not damaged and scarred on the head. But in Requiem, that one is. Some of the clones are shown to have deformities like I think the scarring like Requiem Lex, so I think there's a possibility that that was a clone, while Bride Lex wasn't.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎