No announcement yet.

The Walking Dead (AMC)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Walking Dead (AMC)

AMC is doing a series based on Robert Kirkman's comic book series The Walking Dead from Image Comics.

Talk about it here!

i just recently heard about this and i am stoked. i LOVE TWD series and it's definitely the best long running comic right now. i'm a trade collector, so i really have long waits sometimes - so this is the perfect thing to keep me occupied. i wrote down my all-star casting choices the other day...now if i could only find it! any opinions on casting?

Comment

I'm excited too. There are new zombie rules for the show. Apparently a zombie bite in the show there is a way of going back. You cut it off, you survive. But if anyone dies in anyway you come back as a zombie so there already infected.

Comment

Originally posted by Kryptonian250
        I'm excited too. There are new zombie rules for the show. Apparently a zombie bite in the show there is a way of going back. You cut it off, you survive. But if anyone dies in anyway you come back as a zombie so there already infected.
        well that is exactly how it works in the comic series too. i mean, of course you have to cut it off before it spreads...but their zombies are sort of infected. well not the zombies per se, but the whole world is infected and when you die, you turn into a zombie - so unless you have died in a way that has destroyed the brain, you will rise again. this applies to people that have been infected, so not people that have already been dead before the infection spread.

does that make sense? i think that was a lot of loops
        anyhow, to the point i am in the series - it has not been revealed as to what is the true cause of infection. it's like dawn of the dead meets y: the last man. we follow one character, rick grimes, and his journey - along the way he encounters many people and even more zombies.

Comment

I've been reading the first trade paperback - talk about me being behind the times! - and I've gotta say, this is going to make for some good TV. Makes me think Robert Kirkman's "Invincible" might also make a good television show.

For those who have read the comic/graphic novels, is there a later "jumping on point" or is it definitely best to start at the beginning?

Comment

Is this show still under their plan or they have dropped it now? I search alot abt this show but haven't succeed to get some relevant stuff.

Comment

It's still in the works... just not a lot of progress, apparently.

Comment

I just saw the movie The Mist directed by Frank Darabont and... wow. If this is any indication of how The Walking Dead will look on TV, we're in for a treat. I might even go so far as to say Thomas Jane (who starred in the movie) would make a great Rick in the Walking Dead TV adaptation.

Comment

AMC has ordered a pilot! http://www.ksitetv.com/category/the-walking-dead/

Comment

Originally posted by KryptonSite
                    Sounds like it may be a good show. Having not read The Walking Dead, will the show have to cut down on some of the violence (depending on how much was in the comic)?
                    Last edited by redkryptoniteisthebest; 01-20-2010, 03:33 PM.

Comment

There was a bit of violence, but considering it will be on cable I don't know that that will be so much of a problem.

Comment

I'm disappointed its on AMC since that means they will gut the content.

Comment

Originally posted by TheVileOne
                          I'm disappointed its on AMC since that means they will gut the content.
                          Have they gutted content on things like Mad Men? I thought being on cable might bode well for the show.

Comment

FIRST TRAILER is out! And I am very enthusiastic about this.
                            From Frank Darabont to Sarah Wayne Callies of Prison Break, I can't wait. And I also think that one guy played Baptista in Human Target.

Comment

I am excited for this. I am a huge zombie-movie fan. So this is right up my alley.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎