Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mistakes, Plotholes & Inconsistencies in Echo (merged)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

1) How would Toyman afford to make an Android of himself lol, I can;t imagine how expensive that would be it's insane.

2) Lois still ain't been told about Jimmy, in on-air Smallville anyway.
    Last edited by Maynard; 10-17-2009, 05:39 AM.

Comment

I think Lex was 9 years old in that flashback, but just like Clark, Oliver was younger than Lex.

Comment

Originally posted by curiosity
        I think Lex was 9 years old in that flashback, but just like Clark, Oliver was younger than Lex.
        He couldn't have been. He looked like he was the same size as Lex. If he was younger (I really have to watch that flashback again but I could have sworn they were the same size), then they screwed up that flashback too since officially based on Reunion & its flashbacks, Lex & Oliver are supposed to be the same age.

Comment

Originally posted by Maynard
          1) How would Toyman afford to make an Android of himself lol, I can;t imagine how expensive that would be it's insane.
          Winslow has a shop where he creates these weapons or toys and there was an android toyman in the comics.

Comment

In Rabid, Oliver made a statement about "looking at the mirror" and realizing his fault and saying "I've been running away from myself... now I know who I really am." I thought after that there would be some change... but it was the same old Ollie presented in Echo. It was as if he didn't have that convo with RBB in Rabid.
            Last edited by Lois Kent; 10-17-2009, 11:17 AM.

Comment

This would mean Oliver was young enough to have gone to high school with Clark. Take 8 years away and we have a 17 year old Oliver in season 1. This make him Whitney age. JH can pass as 25 he don't look that old. There is this problem. If they never had him being Lex age in the flash back it could have work. There was also that flashback that was suppose take place 10 years ago. Writers could always change that and say it was 7 years ago instead. Maybe Oliver was so drunk he was'nt thinking and said he was 5 instead of 9 when his parents died. That could work. It would fix this error. This is why when I write stories I always look at my past work. Guess the new writes did'nt know how old Oliver was suppose to be.
              Last edited by kp1984; 10-22-2009, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Oliver was 5 when his parent died?

Looks like the writers retconned this. We saw in that Veritas flashback that Oliver's parents were still alive when he was a lot older than 5. Didn't those animated phone stuff they do establish that he was much older when they died?

Checking out Smalliville Wiki, it says Oliver was in the fourth grade when his parents died, making him 9 or 10.

Comment

I know. It's a little weird.

Comment

He was older in Veritas....I think they messed up......

Comment

Plot Holes in Echo

-When At the AOC Clark X-Rays where Oliver is standing and sees the bomb, if you notice the clock on the bomb says 2 minutes and 6 seconds left. Clark then asks ToyMan "How long does Oliver have"..

He Just X-Ray'd the bomb and saw the time remaining, why ask Toyman how much time is left...

Also, Did anyone notice the Clark Back-Handed the hostage at the begining (Just a cool Mention)

Comment

I was wondering that too, but I think I missed something. I'll have to re-watch it.

Comment

I took Oliver's statement as figuratively rather than literally, as we know he was older when he parents died.

Comment

Originally posted by Supagirl
                            He was older in Veritas....I think they messed up......
                            He was 9 since Lex was 9 and we know from Reunion that he & Lex were in the same grade at Excelsior.

But there's another thread that already mentioned this.

Comment

Maybe Oliver just remembered wrong, but that's highly unlikely. I'm a little confused though how his parents have been dead all these years, and he just found out in season 8 that Lionel was responsible.

Comment

Originally posted by Blur 26
                                Maybe Oliver just remembered wrong, but that's highly unlikely. I'm a little confused though how his parents have been dead all these years, and he just found out in season 8 that Lionel was responsible.
                                Maybe he thought it was an accident until finding out in season 8 that Lionel was involved. He only appeared once in season 7 (Siren) when all that Veritas stuff was happening, so he didn't learn all that stuff Clark did.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎