• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xrayvision
    Bryan Q Miller, the writer.

OMG! I'm an idiot. Thanks

And here I was thinking it was BlurQueenMagic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilah
      Thing is, based on the spoilers, we ALREADY knew he'd be standing her up weeks in advance. Hence, why he probably just goes for the kiss... to show that he is in fact interested... they had some really sweet moments tonight. Okay.. enough chatting... going to re-watch
      Not everyone reads the spoilers.

Comment

I liked this a lot better than Committed which was super-contrived and had no action. Lie-detector jeweler was a very dull villain. Echo had lots of action and a very smart & heroic Clark. And Toyman is fantastic!

The only dull spot was mopey-Oliver but at least Toyman wrote Oliver an awesome speech!

Comment

I thought the episode was pretty good. I am kinda glad the episode was not all about Clois, no need for a good thing to get lame (as if it could ever) but overall it was good.

I really liked Oliver and JH is such a great actor. Tess blew me away. I was very impressed with her. She was my fave in this episode.

Comment

I wasn't disappointed at all!

Comment

Yeah, wasn't BQM's best. I think, because most of us like him and expect him to deliver the awesome every time, we set our expectations too high. I'm guilty of that.

Comment

I liked the episode a lot. It was solid, entertaining, and Clark was definitely front and center with most likely the most screen minutes of any character again.

I thought Clark was awesome in this episodes. We saw a lot of sides of him here in this episode. I really liked it. The Clois was fun and light hearted. I'm glad it wasn't angsty and soap operish.

Tess and Oliver were good too. I can see Oliver turning a corner, although I thought he did last week as well, but it looks like it continues in Roulette. Anyhow, good episode. I still like Hex and Committed out of BQM's episodes, but this was very solid and entertaining.

Comment

When people talk BQM, it is almost always in the context of "Hex" or "Committed" but I think tonight's episode was more in line with his "Bulletproof". It was less comedic than those other two episodes and more subdued in tone like the latter. His comedic episodes zip along with better pacing, imo, but I think his serious episodes touch upon more interesting ideas in terms of Clark and his alter-ego.

Comment

Honestly I feel like most of his stuff probably ended up on the cutting room floor. This episode was just all over the place, it seems like they had too many storylines and not enough focus.

Comment

Originally posted by AgentChaos
                      Not everyone reads the spoilers.
                      I apologize. I just edited my post.

Comment

huh this was easily bqm's best episode he has written the other 3 before this sucked the way he wrote clark in this episode was really great. the one time i actually like something done by mr. miller he is getting a lukewarm reception.

Comment

Originally posted by LilyP
                          I liked this a lot better than Committed which was super-contrived and had no action. Lie-detector jeweler was a very dull villain. Echo had lots of action and a very smart & heroic Clark. And Toyman is fantastic!

The only dull spot was mopey-Oliver but at least Toyman wrote Oliver an awesome speech!
                          I really liked Oliver at the end with Clark. My only meh moment was Toliver... They're so boring together... in s8 they were fun but now... not really.... Tess was badass at the end though...

Comment

Originally posted by kg1507
                            Am I the only one who is a little disappointed? The beginning of the episode started out so great with so much Clois, and then it just got worse... I'll admit, it got better at that last scene, but still...
                            No, you're not the only one. ITA. What happened BQA?

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by OneShotClois
                            You're definitely not the only one. I was really dissapointed. Even the last scene didn't really do it for me.
                            We need more scenes like the one in your avi.
                            Last edited by Minela; 10-16-2009, 07:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Night_Hawk90
                              huh this was easily bqm's best episode he has written the other 3 before this sucked the way he wrote clark in this episode was really great. the one time i actually like something done by mr. miller he is getting a lukewarm reception.
                              I would argue he has written a solid Clark 4 episodes in a row. I liked the episode alot, but I am guessing some felt not enough Clois in the back half. Only real negative to the episode was the Ollie suicide thing, but as long as it's not Clark hating his life and being depressed I won't complain.

Comment

Originally posted by LoD
                                When people talk BQM, it is almost always in the context of "Hex" or "Committed" but I think tonight's episode was more in line with his "Bulletproof". It was less comedic than those other two episodes and more subdued in tone like the latter. His comedic episodes zip along with better pacing, imo, but I think his serious episodes touch upon more interesting ideas in terms of Clark and his alter-ego.
                                I agree. Completely. And I'm really starting to think BQM is a Cloiser or something cause he gives the coupledom amazing material!

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Night_Hawk90
                                Not by everyone. I loved this episode. And I will defend it til the end. Smallville is getting better. Next week looks good too. A little Saw-ish but still... that's what the kids are watching and enjoying... hopefully the "game" theme generates publicity...
                                Last edited by Lilah; 10-16-2009, 08:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎