No announcement yet.

Emma

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emma

I am a little confused about how her power works. Shouldn't she be seeing all sound and not just musical instruments and power tools? When people talk to her she dosen't see it.

Anything I am wandering about is who is Christopher? Her mom said she had been working in the file room for 6 years and needed to stop blaming herself for Christopher's death.

Originally posted by targis
    I am a little confused about how her power works. Shouldn't she be seeing all sound and not just musical instruments and power tools? When people talk to her she dosen't see it.

Anything I am wandering about is who is Christopher? Her mom said she had been working in the file room for 6 years and needed to stop blaming herself for Christopher's death.
    Maybe the sound she sees has to have a certain volume or frequency?

And I think Christopher may have been one of her patients when she did her residency that died because of her deafness.

Comment

it's either a patient, brother or other family member, like a son?

but this power she has...i've seen it before. a long time ago in the pages of the x-men comics. guess the writers for heroes decided to find a somewhat abscure character named Dazzler. although i think her character has already come back into the comic book.

dazzler was able to create light from sounds, and she preferred to use music cause it was more soothing to her and more controllable. she later learned that she can use her power to send sonic like waves and even laser beams using the light she produced. she was even able to produce holographic forms as well using this ability. she also had to learn to concentrate on controlling her power to stay within or around her. especially when she slept. otherwise her power could become destructive while she slept.

i wonder if they'll use any of dazzler's ideas with emma?
      Last edited by hellnback; 10-13-2009, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisB85
        Maybe the sound she sees has to have a certain volume or frequency?
        Thats what I think, specifically that the sound has to have a certain tone. All of the sounds that she didn't see were a mish mash of tones, except for a few things, like the siren, and the jackhammer. Think about when people attract attention in a crowded room by tapping a glass with a spoon. Its because the single, distinct tone cuts right through the background noise. So it is not noise that she can control (at least not yet) but rather sounds when they are emitted in a distinct tone. Its probably something to do with wavelengths.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎