Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clumsy Clark

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the clumsiness is something that just happens because he's startled or feeling shy or uncomfortable, I love it. Tom plays it so well.

What I don't like about the portrayal of pre-crisis Clark and from the movies is that it was deliberate and sometimes almost nasty. Anyone remember Bill's monologue about Superman from Kill Bill? Anyways, CR made a great Superman but I never really liked his Clark Kent mainly because it was so over the top.

Comment

Yes! Want more of it! it was really cute.

Comment

Originally posted by skye4376
        i say as long as his clumsyness includes "accidentally knocking his phone off the desk" like a normal person would do and not like a steve urkel nerd, then i will be fine. if TWclark start acting like CRclark, i will be highly upset.
        Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by MannaBanana

Haha Tom Welling gives the best facial expressions doesnt he!!??
          Its great that he can say so much with just a look.

Comment

Originally posted by flashofblueandred
            He has mastered the art of acting without saying a word! Thats not an easy thing to do either, and yet he does it flawlessly!

Comment

I don't mind it in a limited fashion. I like when Clark's a bit goofy. I think Tom does that very well (and it amuses me greatly).

Comment

I prefer CRs CK...makes for a better disguise(funny as hell too)

or BR who was a little more toned back but still in the same neighborhood

People should give more props to that version of Supes, takes some serious devotion and discipline to go out an make a fool of yourself everyday....but he doesn't sweat it because he cares more about being the best hero he can be for everybody

a far cry from Clark on SV who has tended to sulk in a barn or run away when things got tough(Hopefully thats finally changing though)
                Last edited by Supes_24; 10-13-2009, 11:53 PM.

Comment

I like Tom Welling's version of Clark. Just the right amount of nerdy and naiveness without overdoing it.

Originally posted by flashofblueandred
                  I agree! He can work his expressions to convey a thousand meanings in a scene.

Comment

Yes! Want more of it!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Superman
                      Clumsy Clark when he's flustered because of Lois, yes. He's adorable like that.

Clumsy bumbling Clark from the movies? No thanks.
                      Seconded!

Comment

I love clumsy Clark because he generally only does it with Lois, and love the portrayal of all of the actors' Clark Kent, tv and movies, all the way up to Tom Welling. They're appropriate for their time and their Lois Lanes.

As an adult I appreciate Tom's subtleties better now, but Christopher's faint in the first movie and fall over the bearskin in the honeymoon suite in the second were perhaps over the top, but hey, it was all charmingly for Lois. The fumbling and bumbling were always a disguise; TWClark has known Lois for a while, he has had less of a need for one. Erica's Lois already sees him as geeky, without him half trying. I think we might see Clark bumble a bit with Lois in the future, but it'll still be an understated, nuanced performance, in keeping with TW and ED's less naive, more aware couple.

I'm loving Tom Welling's masterfully subtle performance but I'll always be nostalgic for the more innocently clumsy Christopher Reeve CLark. It really highlighted the difference in how unbelievably gorgeous Superman was yet at the same time he could be adorable approachable Clark.

Comment

Isn't Clark Kent suppose to be known more as a coward to his peers than anything else?

Comment

I LOVE IT! i do the same when my crush is around....oy..

Comment

I think it was very cute!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎