Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clark closed the book on Lana

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not surprised that he has an album of Lana since he DID love her during his whole teenage years, and I think he will always love her, just not as much as he loves/is going to love Lois. lol. Like in the comics, Clark said that he'll always love Lana, but Lois is the one who makes him crazily in love... Or something like that. lol.

Anyways... I love the metaphor. That he's moving on now. I used to watch him stare at Lana's picture when he missed her, but I don't think I ever seen him smile like that before when he thought of Lana. I think he finally can accept that she's not the one for him.

I don't think he's in full knowledge of his supposably strong feelings for Lois, but I think he's acknowledge the fact that he's attracted to her. Thus why he can finally close the chapter on Lana.

Comment

Clark did it because no matter what happened in the past, Lana is still in his life no matter what. If she can't be his future love, she is going to be some part of his heart. Chloe is also part it as well as Martha and Jonthan. In some strange even Jor-EL. And now he's opening up his heart to Lois more than ever.

But regarding Lana's pic, it doesn't only mean a closed part of his past, but to always rememeber her by.

Comment

Well, I am fairly certain that he was closing the book on that chapter in his life. I remember that when I broke up with my first real, serious interest, I carried her picture in my wallet after the break up. Once I was ready to move on and found closure then I took it out of my wallet with no hard feelings...just happy that I was able to move on............
        He definitely closed that chapter

Comment

Originally posted by marcella
          He can't forget her, but has moved on
          I agree.

Comment

EAS!! So glad to see you in here. It's been a while since we've chatted in a board together. Yeah, if she did come back and he still chose Lois that would be the final nail. His "choice" is the only thing lacking. Yet what they showed tonight in the way of Clana closure was very well written and shown. I was really shocked when they showed him staring at her picture. I mean he's done it a million times, but it's been a while.

Sniff, sniff, I loved the Clois scenes tonight, but the Clana fan in me cries a bit. Clark's moving on. Clana was so much of SV and just a great epic love story to me. It's kinda hard to say goodbye. Even so, tonight was one powerful episode with the great rain scene and emotion-filled looks throughout. Aarrgh, it's hard being torn! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Karafan1
              I hope so! When I saw the pic I thought "Oh jeez, here we go again!"
              That was my first though. However him putting her photo away was a nice touch and simple closure. Lois opening the door after Clark closing the book was very telling.

Comment

Originally posted by Clana4Life
                He very much wanted to be with her, but kryponite suits currently keep that from happening..
                I don't know.. we know he has blue kryptonite ( I was surprised they didn't use this to help draw blood) . He has Jor-El on-line to help him figure out how to solve the Lana Kryptonite problem, because Jor-El would know what was in the space ship that was able to neutralize the kryptonite in Lana's necklace.

This scene to me wasn't about Clark wishing he was with Lana or even wanted to go backwards. It was the moment where he realized Lana's place was in the past.

As Chloe said, Clark was able to walk away from everybody but Lois. He didn't call or interact with anyone until Lois came back. As Jor-El noted in Savior, he put everyone behind him until Lois reappeared.

I thought this episode was the moment when Clark realized Lois is something "more" as Chloe said.

Comment

Originally posted by kiariclois
                  I used to watch him stare at Lana's picture when he missed her, but I don't think I ever seen him smile like that before when he thought of Lana. I think he finally can accept that she's not the one for him.
                  Very insightful! Yes, Clark didn't look at Lana's photo with any pain or regret. He seemed happy and thinking back on her and his past in a fond way. Clark will always have Lana in his heart, even when he moves on to Lois, and that was a beautiful little scene for the producers to put in there.

Comment

I can relate to this scene because I still have pictures of my first real boyfriend, who I loved very much. I used to have pictures all over my room but one day I put them away in a box where I keep sentimental things.

You don't forget your first love, but you do move on.

Comment

Finally Clark is start to realize that Lana was his past. Taking the picture out his wallet and never looking back thank you!!

Comment

Originally posted by Clana4Life
                        This episode was one of their best episodes this year. I have mixed emotions, I suppose. Clark put Lana's picture away because he can't be with her, not because he didn't want to be with her. He very much wanted to be with her, but kryponite suits currently keep that from happening. This always makes me wonder - particularly if she ever came back. Pictures are one thing, seeing people face to face is another. If they can't get KK back, then this is a decent closure and the best they can do. If she does come back for guest spot or two, then I just don't know what will happen. I remember vividly the scene on the rooftop. I see that he's falling for Lois and I think they are doing Clois very well. I still think that it would be good to show Lana coming back kryptonite-free and have the audience SEE Clark choose not to be in a relationship with her, not just put her picture away because he can't be with her.
                        I think that Clark is moving on by choice. He's ready to take that next step with Lois. Last season before she came back, there was some hints at Clois, but Clark was pretty reserved and even in the Bride almost kiss he took charge but was nowhere near as confident as he was tonight. If he'd looked a little more torn then I would say that he still had feelings for Lana, and by that I mean still wished he could be with her, but he put it next to pictures of them during happy times in their relationship (all of which were high school years when she was still the sweet girl-next-door). So he knows what he wants now is different from what he wanted before, and if she did show up I do think he'd be a little conflicted about how to deal with those two different forms of love (especially with Lana undoubtedly wanting to get back together with him) but this more confident Clark I think would probably have the most conflict trying to find a way to turn her down without hurting her too badly.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaderoyale
                          At first i got freaked. But he took the picture OUT of his wallet and into what can only be described as a "scrapbook" and closed the book. End of that chapter. Start of a new one.
                          I agree

Comment

Originally posted by supes0
                            I don't know.. we know he has blue kryptonite ( I was surprised they didn't use this to help draw blood) . He has Jor-El on-line to help him figure out how to solve the Lana Kryptonite problem, because Jor-El would know what was in the space ship that was able to neutralize the kryptonite in Lana's necklace.

This scene to me wasn't about Clark wishing he was with Lana or even wanted to go backwards. It was the moment where he realized Lana's place was in the past.

As Chloe said, Clark was able to walk away from everybody but Lois. He didn't call or interact with anyone until Lois came back. As Jor-El noted in Savior, he put everyone behind him until Lois reappeared.

I thought this episode was the moment when Clark realized Lois is something "more" as Chloe said.

I also think that this is something he's been realizing slowly since last year. I think the moment in the rain was the moment where he got to point where he just couldn't deny it, anymore. He'd been pushing it deep down and - now - he is finally embracing it. So, he took out Lana's picture and put it away. (Because it would be wrong to carry one girl's picture when you've accepted you're in love with another girl.)

And, then, what does he do? He tells Lois that they're a good team, and he grabs her arm before she can give him one of her "we're good friends" punches. Because he doesn't want her to just think of him as a friend.

Comment

Prior to this episode I still had some very serious reservations about how Clois would play out due to my displeasure of the Lana Arc and the open ended situation.

There have been several remedies mentioned some feasible and some that could land a person in prison. A favorite has been Lana returning in order for there to be a resolve through a conversation with she and Clark.

Well, I can't speak for anybody but me, and I've been the ULTIMATE SKEPTIC.... but I can say without hesitation, that I'm COMPLETELY satisfied. The symbolism of Clark closing the book on that chapter in his life was set in stone in that scene. It's DONE, KAPUT, THE END. I just need Ollie to do the same with his memory of Lois .

There is nothing IMO that would solidify what Clark is feeling in his heart at this point. Lana could come back and run around in the Kent Farm naked and it would not make a difference in what's going on at this point as it relates to matters of the heart.

I'm so friggin happy right now I could scream......

****excuse me... leaves room to scream ****

Comment

I actually really loved this part, for the first time Clark reflected back without sorrow. As say, I think it was instinct, when he was reflecting back on the necklace and empty house and became nostalgic and melancholic heart exposed.

This was a very audience conscious scene. Lana has held a place in his heart as his first love. But he has finally moved on to the point he can reflect back without regret, loss and pain. Excellent scene, and I had no problem in seeing it, very good to see Clana in this mature form. I was impressed.
                                Last edited by Dominicus; 10-09-2009, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎