Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clark closed the book on Lana

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, we all view things differently. It's cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by amberdawn
      Well, we all view things differently. It's cool.
      Yep, but tbh, it's not about the viewer. The show told us point blank and it's canon now. Whether we see it or not, Clark is saying that was the moment for him.

Comment

• I did feel it in Metallo.

I felt that was his moment of realization.

Rabid was when he realized the depth of it - because he almost lost her so soon after being with her again.

Comment

• Originally posted by kelly1142
          I did feel it in Metallo.

I felt that was his moment of realization.

Rabid was when he realized the depth of it - because he almost lost her so soon after being with her again.
          I agree. After watching Metallo and Rabid again, I can sense it. I think in Metallo, Clark knew deep down, he just hadn't made complete sense of it at that moment. I think he was still in a little shock that Lois was waiting for him and was so happy to see him, and that shock conflicted initially with what he was feeling.

In Rabid, he closed the book on Lana to begin anew with Lois!

Comment

• About time. I think Lana overstayed. Clark shoulda' closed the book on her seasons ago. Don't get me wrong. I like Lana & how she was portrayed by Kristen Kreuk. But her character had run it's course a long time ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by ginevrakent
              Of course he did,

Yeah, it was a shame that Lana's ill-conceived pursuit of power caused him so much unhappiness. I'm also glad that he was able to find some happiness after each of the many breakups and betrayals he experienced in their merry-go-round on again, off again relationship. I'm still not sure what other time when Clark's smiled at Lana's picture after a separation you are referencing. It's not that I necessarily doubt that it could have happened, but since I'm drawing a blank perhaps you could share a screen cap as a visual aid.

You just answered your own question. Unless you think Clark was lying to Lana just to be romantic and get on her good side, we have to believe that he's sincere when he says that he never really loved Khyla and Alicia. The difference with Lois is that he will love her. I know we haven't seen it verbalized on screen yet, but if it had been there would have been cries that his feelings for Lois were being rushed. Nonetheless, [SPOILER]the showrunners, the actors, and all spoilers are pointing towards a profound love developing between Lois and Clark.[/SPOILER] In fact, the intimate scenes between Lois and Clark that we've been seeing in Lois's visions for weeks were described by BP as "making love." Like I said previously, we've never seen a Clark Kent who was in love with someone else go back to Lana. This new element makes it more challenging to make predictions on past behavior, in my opinion.

Since I haven't gotten a good look at Clark's bedroom, his loft, or the rest of his house I cannot say for certain whether he hasn't gotten rid of some of Lana's pictures already. I suppose we'll both have to keep an eye out. However, what's the cut off number we're working with here? If he has 1 picture can we say he's moved on, 2 he's in the process of moving on, and 3 he's still in love?

It's still how I would describe it.
              wo , nice post .

Comment

• Originally posted by clois-destiny-forever
                EXACTLY!

Lana's been put away, Lois is the next chapter.

Amen to that!

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Tebow15
                He closed the book on her whiney ass, thank god.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by shield4life
                His closing the chapter on Lana and it's about time. I'm so happy she's not on the show anymore.

Me too! I was getting tired of them making her the most important character on the show.

----- Added 9 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Vergon6
                It was the proper closure that Lana and Clark never got in "Requiem".

Exactly!
                Last edited by BigT; 07-02-2010, 06:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• I have to say after "Salvation" it's clearer to me CK has thought about his relationship with Lana & seriously since he's gotten closer & fallen more in love with Lois.

He couldn't have said what he confessed to Lois about "always needing her". His eyes have opened to Lana's true persona & her part in the turmoil of what was Clana.

He knows now as a man he was lacking something in Lana & he was young & native. But he’s found another person what Lana was lacking & what Lois has provided for years. TLC compassion support and understanding without asking anything in return.

He no longer has Lana on her pedestal. He knows who she really is. CK is no longer blindfolded to Lana’s true character.

I agree Lana is his 1st love but it’s obvious it wasn’t as deep to sustain if he was able to leg go and find the deepest strong love of his life. A love so powerful & permanent it trendsends time & space.

CK adores Lois like the blood which flows thorough his veins & the air he breathes. He’s never loved any women like this and he will never love again in the way. Lois is his most precious part of himself & he cherishes her above all else.

Lois is just being who she is providing what her man needs to continue to be the perfect hero for her world & she loves him for who he is & what he stands for.

Lana never was able to maintain any relationship in her life b/c she was to selfish to her needs to attempt be sympathetic to what she had right in front of her.
                  Last edited by Tinyeppy; 07-27-2010, 08:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ~*Lois & Clark Fan*~
                    At least it seemed that way to me. The scene with putting that picture of Lana he had in the photo album, then closing it with finality.
                    Yep. Too bad he will never get back those 8 years of pathetic pining.

----- Added 9 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Jaderoyale
                    Yeah i caught that arm punch as well.
                    It was basically Lois "just friends" gesture and he stopped her from doing it.

I have to be honest, i think TW has had ALOT of say within Clarks direction this season and its paying off.
                    Everytime Lois has her "I really like Clark" moment, she would hit Clark on the arm or chest and he would let her, but this time he stopped her. He no longer sees her as just a friend. It was a great scene.
                    Last edited by Simba_Muffy; 12-18-2010, 04:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Originally posted by mr lane
                      i felt that the pic of Lana being from earlier seasons symbolized the lana that clark was in love with

he was in love with lana from a younger life

That's the Lana Clark has always been in love with. She was is high school love, not his adult love, but could Clark never see it until now.

Comment

• Eight years of Lana and Clark. I grew tired of it. The way writers developed CLOIS' relationship was good but SLOW, and then RUSHED by series' end. They should have CLOSED THE BOOK ON LANA - IN SEASON 4-5 when they introduced Lois in Smallville.

Comment

• Clark and Lana=sad and boring

Comment

• Originally posted by rachel 1711
                            Eight years of Lana and Clark. I grew tired of it. The way writers developed CLOIS' relationship was good but SLOW, and then RUSHED by series' end. They should have CLOSED THE BOOK ON LANA - IN SEASON 4-5 when they introduced Lois in Smallville.
                            Yeah, they should have, but they didn't. I enjoy watching Lois and Clark together. Lois is started out as his friend. She's knows everything about, he knows everything about her, so there's no need for "getting to know each other" before we date. I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything, because they already knew each other, and they have always liked each other. They just never wanted to admit, and the writers didn't have the balls to explore it back then. A new and improved Kevin Gardy from "Blank" should come to town again, and erase all of Clark's Clana memories. He should erase ours too!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tinyeppy
                              I don't want to be impolite to the Clana fans,

But I've seen SV since the beginning & I don’t have any fond memories of Clana relationship itself.

I have cute memories of the S1-S4 friendship that I wished they didn’t screw it up with the Clana hellish years that just make me wanna

I really miss small town sweetheart Lana Lang & I do really like KK but………come on Lana is just

CK will always remember Lana in his heart as she may have been his 1st in everything vital in a man’s life, but she carries title of his "Most Awful Girlfriend". Something in my heart also tells me the future Legion also knew just how much Lana decision's caused CK to fall into the arms with Lois Lane. The list is just too much of all of Lana Lang’s mistakes that has cause CK some wounds in his heart. Lana emotionally abused him & used him. She didn't deserve such devotion or love from CK all those years.

She slept with the enemy to many times & couldn't even get out the rotten mess she gets herself into without some sence of "having to feel sorry for herself". Lana doesn’t know how to love any man & she NEVER made Clark Kent HAPPY & most important PROUD. This is important in my eyes He's "Superman" what would make Lana deserve a man like him. NOTHING.

Hence CK’s fears, insecurities, blindness denial of his years of affection/bond with Lois Lane.

This scene with CK placing the photo away is 1st step to letting her go & him realizing there’s someone better out there that's worth the fight & struggle.

Lana Lang back your rotten bags IT's OVER
                              I agree!

Comment

• Originally posted by ox007
                                The Clana relationship was toxic (I think they should have switched season 8 episodes' names and name Requiem - Toxic ) the Clex relationship was also toxic, the Lana-Jason relationship was also toxic, it seems every relationship that concerns Lana is toxic!!

And the Clois relationship from the beginning has been healthy and it still is and that shows how a real love relationship should be all about
                                I feel sorry for her next mate. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎