No announcement yet.

Why did Clark grab Lois' arm?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tebow15
    Yep! He was saying "baby" this friends stuff is for Zombies, give Aliens a try sweetie.
    Yep. That's it.

Comment

Originally posted by thehenry89
      Like others have been saying he grabbed her arm to symbolize that he wanted their relationship to change. I also think it was a subtle way to let her in on his "deepest darkest secret", per the conversation that they were having earlier. In the past he made it a point to let her hit him to show that he was just like a regular guy, him catching her wrist makes her think "maybe he's more than just some farmboy".
      ITA that is how i felt when i saw that scene that he was giving her a taste of his secret and then she told him to NOT tell her to keep that mysterious side about him

and he that refreshed look

Comment

Yep! He was saying "baby" this friends stuff is for Zombies, give Aliens a try sweetie.

I thought it was cute!

Comment

LOL!

Comment

You have all already said everything I could! This confused me at first cos I didn't quite catch what was happening. It took me by surprise. But that look from Clark...he's telling her, "I'm not that dorky farmboy anymore. I'm a man."

Originally posted by Farm_Girl
            Lois likes being manhandled by her man LOL.
            Case in point.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by herolee10
            do you guys think that Lois picked up on the importance of this gesture as well?
            Oh yeah, she did!
            That's why she gave him that lead. She practically TOLD him what he needed to do to get her.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by flashofblueandred
            Lois has been punching him in the arm to show their "just friends" status since the very beginning. Clark catching her arm before she can do that, especially right after he essentially closed the book on Lana with seemingly no regrets, shows that he no longer wants to be "just friends" and is ready to move on. He realizes that she does mean more to him, like Chloe said, and he wants to act on that.
            EXACTLY!

I couldn't have asked for a more poignant, telling scene than this one. Who knew Rabid would be like this?
            Last edited by hellokitty; 10-10-2009, 10:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

It amazes me how Clark went from hating her in Seasons 4-6. To tolerating her in Season 7, to diggin her in season 8, to now wanting her in season 9. I wonder when they do get down, will they reflect on the transition.

Comment

Originally posted by DGirlLois4Clark
                Lois was about to give him one of her playful punches but Clark doesn't want playful anymore..he wants some hot action instead.ehehehe
                Yes

Comment

All I've got to say is that this scene was (in my best Dawn Stiles impersonation) GENIUS

The rain scene was riviting and it will go down as one of the best SV scenes for me, regardless of what else we may see in the future.... BUT when Clark intercepted Lois' arm.... that was the "AHA" moment. The way he was standing there with her, with her arm clenched was SEXY AS HELL. The hairs on my arm stood up. This was the moment.... the moment when no words were needed.

He wanted to be clear that she could look at him differently. He was saying, to her that he was a MAN and that she would need to express her feelings about him in a new way, a more a mature way .... no more shoulder punches. I'll miss them, but I'm looking forward to the warm embraces and loving kisses that will replace them.

Comment

Originally posted by shelby62
                    All I've got to say is that this scene was (in my best Dawn Stiles impersonation) GENIUS

The rain scene was riviting and it will go down as one of the best SV scenes for me, regardless of what else we may see in the future.... BUT when Clark intercepted Lois' arm.... that was the "AHA" moment. The way he was standing there with her, with her arm clenched was SEXY AS HELL. The hairs on my arm stood up. This was the moment.... the moment when no words were needed.

He wanted to be clear that she could look at him differently. He was saying, to her that he was a MAN and that she would need to express her feelings about him in a new way, a more a mature way .... no more shoulder punches. I'll miss them, but I'm looking forward to the warm embraces and loving kisses that will replace them.
                    I wasn't as perceptive as many of you and agree with all that was said. I can't wait to see it again. Thanks.

Comment

ya I thought it was great he caught her hand, she definitely was going to give him the playful punch that she always uses it to sort of disregard any feelings she has for him, she does that when she feels she is getting too close to him and gets away by doing that to play it off as a friend moment, I think he did it to show her he knows she has feelings for him and he does as well, that's why I think she also said the being mysterious part too, I think she thought his secret is his feelings for her and she meant that he will have to work for it, well that is definitely part of his secret

Comment

I thought it was a call back to the great moment's of S4 that I loved so much. Back then when Clois was fresh and full of banter and just awesome. I think we are finally coming back to those good 'ol Clois times but now the banter won't be so platonic, now the banter is starting to be very, very sexy. Clark is no longer a boy and he is letting Lois know that.

Comment

Originally posted by susangail
                          but I thought his next look was more purposeful than confused.
                          I agree. He was confident, loved the half smile he gave her as they stood there looking at each other. FWIW, I didn't think that moment had to do with his secret (other to underline she isn't going to hound him about it like others have), I just thought he was putting her on notice, he's not going to ignore what's building between them. She can't just punch him in the arm and pretend things haven't changed.

He behaved like a man who has figured out what he wants, no pining lost boy to be found. Thank goodness.
                          Last edited by supes0; 10-10-2009, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by supes0
                              I agree. He was confident, loved the half smile he gave her as they stood there looking at each other. FWIW, I didn't think that moment had to do with his secret (other to underline she isn't going to hound him about it like others have), I just thought he was putting her on notice, he's not going to ignore what's building between them. She can't just punch him in the arm and pretend things haven't changed.

He behaved like a man who has figured out what he wants, no pining lost boy to be found. Thank goodness.
                              Supes0, insightful as always.

Will you marry me
                              Last edited by shelby62; 10-10-2009, 02:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by VicNew
                                It amazes me how Clark went from hating her in Seasons 4-6. To tolerating her in Season 7, to diggin her in season 8, to now wanting her in season 9. I wonder when they do get down, will they reflect on the transition.
                                I think it was more like finding her major annoying but strangely being attracted to her in S4, getting to be friends and trying not to find her attractive in S5 (Exposed anyone?), totally being attracted to her in S6 but ignoring his attraction (Crimson?), becoming good friends with her in S7, starting to really like her in S8 and totally falling for her now in S9.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎