No announcement yet.

"We gotta be on the same level."

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "We gotta be on the same level."

That together with "... we just take whatever's in front of us and kick it's ass."

So do we take this to mean that both the brothers will be all 'kill, kill, kill' now, and showing much less compassion & emotion towards things and people now?

Either that, or it means Dean becomes much more emo than in the past.

I don't think their compassion for people will ever change. They will just up their game a bit.

Comment

I think it's great. I love Dean but I have always kinda thought, "why does he make the decisions always?" I get Dean's side of it, wanting to protect his little brother, but his little brother isn't exactly little. He's a big tough smart guy that can handle his own. Sam finally said it, let me grow up.

I honestly think it will be good now if they can actually be more equal instead of just letting Dean make the decisions and Sam follow along.

Comment

Originally posted by WhamBamThankUSam
        I think it's great. I love Dean but I have always kinda thought, "why does he make the decisions always?" I get Dean's side of it, wanting to protect his little brother, but his little brother isn't exactly little. He's a big tough smart guy that can handle his own. Sam finally said it, let me grow up.

I honestly think it will be good now if they can actually be more equal instead of just letting Dean make the decisions and Sam follow along.
        I agree...

Regarding why Dean always made the decisions I think it had to do with how they were raised. Dean was more than a big brother, he was a surrogate Dad when John was gone. He helped raise Sam. It can be hard to see your "kids" or "little brother" as a grown up. I think in Dean's mind it was just natural for him to take the lead, he probably didn't even give it a second though.

I'm a little sister...and I can empathize with Sam. It takes a while for your parents and older siblings to see you as a grown up. Those mid 20's can be tough when you are trying to get from teenager to adult and no one wants to let you. So I can totally see where Sam was coming from and am glad he finally spoke up.

----- Added 50 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by Lexgirl33
        I don't think their compassion for people will ever change. They will just up their game a bit.
        ITA. It's their compassion that seperates them from the things they hunt. Without it, they just become cold blooded killers.
        Last edited by chole_fan; 10-09-2009, 09:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by chole_fan
          I agree...

Regarding why Dean always made the decisions I think it had to do with how they were raised. Dean was more than a big brother, he was a surrogate Dad when John was gone. He helped raise Sam. It can be hard to see your "kids" or "little brother" as a grown up. I think in Dean's mind it was just natural for him to take the lead, he probably didn't even give it a second though.

I'm a little sister...and I can empathize with Sam. It takes a while for your parents and older siblings to see you as a grown up. Those mid 20's can be tough when you are trying to get from teenager to adult and no one wants to let you. So I can totally see where Sam was coming from and am glad he finally spoke up.
          I agree with that. I am also the youngest of a bunch of kids, and to boot, I was the only girl, so I was basically brought up in a bubble. So, that's probably why I was always questioning Dean making the decisions and sympathizing with Sam in that position. But yeah, I understand that's probably why Dean was bossy. He was trying to look after his brother and keep him safe, and also, because Sam and his father were all Dean really had at that point. He was trying to keep everything together. I still sympathize more with Sam, but I suppose I see more of Deans side of it.

But I am definitely glad it was all finally said out loud. No more beating around the bush, just get it all out there. I am glad Sam spoke up instead of trying to punish himself further by putting up with the backhandedness that Dean was giving him, the forgiving him but not really forgiving him, making comments behind his back, etc. It will be nice to see a concerted effort from both of them to go forward together.

Comment

John raised the boys like they were in the Military..and Dean outranks Sam just on senority and plus experience from when Sam went off to college, so it is no wonder Dean prefers to call the shots...he is the ranking officer...

Plus he is chosen by God... that alone gives him authority over practically every other human...

Comment

Lets face it, Sam IS smarter, more intelligent and better educated than Dean, he should be making a plan and getting both of them to follow it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheANIMAL (marcus)
                Lets face it, Sam IS smarter, more intelligent and better educated than Dean, he should be making a plan and getting both of them to follow it.
                I'll have to respectfully disagree there. I hate the "Sam is smart, Dean's an idiot who never wnet to college" argument. Sam may be better educated, but smarter?? No. He may have more "book" smarts, but there is more than one way to be intelligent. Dean, in his way, is just as smart as Sam is...

The whole point is that Sam needs to be equal to, not below or above, Dean. They have complimentary skill sets and knowledge. They are most effective when each plays to their own strenghts and they work together to get the job done.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎