Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music in "Metallo"

Talk about the music from the episode here.

Will be nice if we do get a copyrighted song in the episode. Though it will probably just be their musical scores they do now. I hope we get a good one for metallo himself.

Comment

When I heard that person singing that lullaby, I got excited because I thought it was music.... But no... unfortunately

Comment

yea i do hate not having copyrighted songs much any more. But they have some good musical cues here and there.

Comment

Did anyone catch the Terminator-esque percussion line to John Corben's decent into insanity as he walked the streets of Metropolis? I did a "did I just hear what I thought I heard" spit-take. Loved it!

Nope. My bad. Just rewatched and it's actually a heartbeat--which makes a lot more sense themewise.
          Last edited by yomama; 10-02-2009, 09:03 PM.

Comment

i would have to watch the episode again to notice that myself.

Comment

Yeah I miss them not having real songs on anymore. IMO that was one of the parts Smallville excelled at in the earlier years, they would pick a perfect song to go with a scene. Does anyone know why they don't really do it anymore? Is it a budgetary thing?

Comment

oh totally i agree alot of times the copyrighted songs in scenes were a perfect match. I do hope we get a few this year like we did last year. I think there was only like 6 episodes that did have some last year. I believe when they got the budget cuts they thought it was the easiest thing to cut.

Comment

I thought the score was great!

Comment

Originally posted by superspider02
                    oh totally i agree alot of times the copyrighted songs in scenes were a perfect match. I do hope we get a few this year like we did last year. I think there was only like 6 episodes that did have some last year. I believe when they got the budget cuts they thought it was the easiest thing to cut.
                    Yeah I know what you mean. I think it was used to perfection in episode Reckoning. I miss that type of thing. It gave a scene more umph if you know what I mean.

I think your right, it probably was the easiest thing to cut.

Comment

yea i agree it gave that more umph to a scene at times. So many of my fav scenes included copyright music. But we should be happy we have something then no music at all. That would be boring. So it like i said was probably the easier thing to cut and not kill the essence of the show much. Plus doing less location shooting probably gave a nice bump up to the sfx budget too.

Comment

Agreed

Comment

yea i just do hope we get a few episodes with a copyrighted song. They were able to do it last year so i bet we will get a few somewhere across the season.

Comment

The score was really good in this episode. I especially liked the soft romantic sounding music they played during the last Chlark scene, totally beautiful!

Comment

Originally posted by superspider02
                              yea i agree it gave that more umph to a scene at times. So many of my fav scenes included copyright music. But we should be happy we have something then no music at all. That would be boring. So it like i said was probably the easier thing to cut and not kill the essence of the show much. Plus doing less location shooting probably gave a nice bump up to the sfx budget too.
                              Whenever I go to my dvds and watch episodes from season 1, I'm sitting there like, "wow.... sooo many songs!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎