Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV Ratings for The End

It almost pains me to make this thread given the low ratings, but this thread is for the discussion of ratings when they're available.

I hope they are better, or I hope word of the awesomeness of this episode spreads and the ratings get higher from here on out.

Comment

My guess is around the same as last week

Comment

Just about every CW show, after being down last week, was back up this week. So I am hoping SN will follow suit and go back up a little now that everything has finally premiered.

Were their any preemptions tonight?? Hope not!

Comment

I agree but as I have been saying as long as the show produces shows like this I just think that people don't know what their missing

Comment

Originally posted by chole_fan
            Just about every CW show, after being down last week, was back up this week. So I am hoping SN will follow suit and go back up a little now that everything has finally premiered.

Were their any preemptions tonight?? Hope not!
            I hope so!!

I don't think there was.

Comment

Originally posted by Lexgirl33
              My guess is around the same as last week
              I don't get it...what's up this year compared to previous years that the ratings are so much lower?

Comment

Ugh I know. I think people stuck around after SV to watch but since it moved, they moved on.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                  I don't get it...what's up this year compared to previous years that the ratings are so much lower?
                  More compition, less network support, weaker lead in take your pick

Comment

Originally posted by Lexgirl33
                    Ugh I know. I think people stuck around after SV to watch but since it moved, they moved on.
                    I think you're right. I remember during season 4 of Smallville how the ratings took a huge hit with the competition of Lost & how during Season 3 Smallville was followed by Angel, which was no longer on by Season 4. I remember people here (or was it the tvtome forums) saying that many Angel fans got pissed off & stopped watching on Wednesdays (when SV was on in Season 4).

Comment

Well they are lower than last year, but really on par with where they were for most of S2 and S3. I'm not sure...but single show on the CW is down from last year. No growth at all!

I did see where the 2nd episode this season (GGY), which had 2.9 million live viewers, increased to 4 million with DVR (Live + 7) data figured in. So that is a significant jump and I would imagine that when the numbers are released for other weeks they will see a similar boost.

Comment

Well they are lower than last year, but really on par with where they were for most of S2 and S3. I'm not sure...but single show on the CW is down from last year. No growth at all!

I did see where the 2nd episode this season (GGY), which had 2.9 million live viewers, increased to 4 million with DVR (Live + 7) data figured in. So that is a significant jump and I would imagine that when the numbers are released for other weeks they will see a similar boost.
                        most likely that is true but how much networks pay attenion to these numbers is another issue

Comment

Originally posted by nicmar
                          More compition, less network support, weaker lead in take your pick
                          Do you think the lead-in has anything to do with it? VD (lol, I always laugh when I see it abbreviated) has higher ratings this year than SV did, but do VD fans stay on to watch SPN? To me VD is a love story, so I don't think fans of a vampire version of Dawson's Creek would watch SPN. So maybe you're right about the lead-in (not its strength, but its subject matter).

By the way, I never watched VD & don't intend to start watching it.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

I'm not sure...but single show on the CW is down from last year. No growth at all!
                          Know what that means? Get rid of Damn Ostroff (yes I misspelled her 1st name on purpose).
                          Last edited by xrayvision; 10-01-2009, 07:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Do you think the lead-in has anything to do with it? VD (lol, I always laugh when I see it abbreviated) has higher ratings this year than SV did, but do VD fans stay on to watch SPN? To me VD is a love story, so I don't think fans of a vampire version of Dawson's Creek would watch SPN. So maybe you're right about the lead-in (not its strength, but its subject matter).

By the way, I never watched VD & don't intend to start watching it.
                            That was the point I was making yes, While the ratings for VD are good for CW it is another type of audiednce

Comment

Then...VD is like another type of VD for SPN.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎