No announcement yet.

Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series

IS there anyone else out there thats also reading this series? its pretty impressive for a kids/ teens series.

Hello, Theshadow129x! I LOOOOOOVE the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. I got introduced to it from my job as a teacher, and ever since then, I've devoured each new book. I've now read all five. I love the way they've taken characters, monsters, and ideas from Greek mythology and modernized them, as well as the way they make Percy's narration so humorous. How many of the books have you read, so I don't include any spoilers in future conversations?

--SGuthrie ><>' --

Comment

I got introduced to it because i went home to Michigan to discover my lil brother wasn't really reading and his English grades were slipping. this series actually got him into reading. so because he raved about it so much i started to read it and i seriously think the series is better than harry potter. Im on the final book right now. chapter 16.

my favorite chapter out of the whole series was from book 4 called i take a vacation. great series

Comment

It is a totally fantastic series! I love all the characters and how they're written; the author makes them seem so realistic. Percy is, of course, my favorite character, but I also love Annabeth, Grover, Tyson, and even Luke to a certain extent. Clarisse is fun to watch -- her progression as a character from Book 1 to Book 5 is pretty amazing to see. Have you bought the Percy Jackson Demigod Files? It has some short stories that occur between some of the other books that I thought were enjoyable, too.

--SGuthrie ><>' --

Comment

I have been looking at getting that book but i never thought it was too important but because i love the main series so much i'll give it go.

Comment

i've been asked to pick up the series. i was told it would become my new harry potter. nothing can replace HP in my heart, so i thought that was an interesting way for my friend to present it to me as. maybe it was her way of getting me to think about it every time i walk into a bookstore - i have no idea. so i do plan on reading the series, so it's nice to have heard more feedback confirming that it is worth reading. what's with these YA books that are becoming so cross generational?

Comment

Got the first 3 books for Christmas and picked up the 4th with a gift card. I've read the series before, but it really holds up well on the second and third read-through. Also the new series (spin-off?) Heroes of Olympus is pretty decent. But since there is only the one book out right now it is hard to judge the entire series as a whole.

Comment

I read Percy Jackson (the series) last year and loved it! I held off because I'd heard the "this is the next Harry Potter" stuff and was prepared for it to be awful but instead i found myself really liking it and wanting to read more.

The Lost Hero (the new book in the series, part of the "Heroes of Olympus") is also pretty good.

This series also led me to try R. Riordan's other series, The Kane Chronicles, which are not as good but still an entertaining read, IMO.

Comment

I recently read the next in the Heroes of Olympus series and found it to be much better than the first book.

Comment

Has anyone read the new "Camp Half-Blood" book Trials of Apollo? I did and thought it was really good. Better than the "Heroes" stories, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎