No announcement yet.

empathy

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• empathy

Episode 2 and 3 showed lots if scenes/hints of possibly Peter getting his old power empathic mimicry back. After the fight of Peter vs Edgar, Edgar talked to Sam saying he met an Empath, if we can deduct that he met an empath before (maybe Sam's brother, that's why Sam kept saying replacing family over and over) Edgar witness peter absorbing his power through touch but Edgar was still able to use his so I'm guessing he knew someone who had the ability to absorb power through touch and they assume that was an empath. I'm starting to believe that being able to touch someone and replicate the power is one of the many stages of the Empath/empathic mimicry.

Throughout the seasons we seen many people with their ability evolve into something else such as Matt,Tracy, Sylar, Claire, etc. But unfortunely Hiro and Peter had to suffer and their power got debuffed. I think Samuel is going to try to replace his family and that currently means Hiro and Peter, but not sure of the other tattoos (cliare,sylar). Hiro is replacing the old man who can also time travel and I think Peter is replacing Sam's brother as an empath. In the last episode the conversation between Sam and Lydia sorta hinted that they are going to recruit Peter, but I don't see the point of recruiting someone who can replicate 1 ability at a time so I think in time this season Peter will get his power back and that compass on peter's arm might be a hint of that journey. I hope .

P.S. The last conversation between Peter and Sam it almost seem like Sam was gathering information why he lost his empathic mimicry in the first place like trying to see his occupations and his thoughts from now and before. O well all speculations from the last two episodes hope I'm close because I want peter old power back especially now that Sylar has Matt's abilities.
    Last edited by Seyee; 09-29-2009, 01:05 PM.

I thought his convo with Pete was nice as it was reconnecting season four's Peter back with the season one Peter with the big heart that we all fell in love with. It felt like this reconnecting was a way they could help "fix" Peter's powers if he aloud himself to be as empathic as he did back then. I still think the formula gave him his original power back, but it's just busted due to his state of mind so reconnecting with his past hospice nurse ways could be a perfect way to get his powers working again.

Comment

Yeah I think it's something along those lines... Man it just seem sylar is getting stronger and stronger especially if he gets all of Matt's ability (mind read, illusion, and implacing thoughts into others) He did mention he got all of matt's ability just hope they dissapear when he get his body back.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎