Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people have speculated.

Comment

Originally posted by Kryptonian250
      Chris and Josh should get fired, get some new writers onto the show. There boring love triangles will end the show not Chuck and Sarah getting together.
      Now, this may just be my paranoia acting up on me, but I'm getting the feeling that you aren't the writers' number one fan. Am I wrong? Lol.

The problem is, I feel, that -as some people have pointed out- they made the Chuck/Sarah love story the main driving force of the show from day 1. This meant that they tackled growing affection/other love interests/jealousy/realisation of feelings etc in the short span of Season 1, which was fine and dandy as it was a natural progression, but when it came around to Season 2 they had 22 episodes of these characters already being in love with each other and openly admitting it to everyone (except each other, of course *rolls eyes*) and then they hit a wall because they're not supposed to be together yet. Oh dear.

So in an attempt to shake it up, they've fallen back on the old plays -love triangles etc- which nobody finds remotely interesting or believable now (Cole Barker? I mean, seriously?) Maybe if the other plotlines in the show were a bit stronger they could get away with just leaving the love story as it is for a while without the show getting dull, but they rely on it. For example, Captain Awesome wasn't really meant to be a regular, so they could have brought in love interests for Ellie. The other thing is that they've stereotyped a lot of the other MANY regular characters and don't seem to want to overly develop them - crazy.

In saying all of that, I do love the show very much and agree that in putting them in a relationship, it would lose an appealing aspect. But they've got to do it, otherwise it won't make sense! Yes, Season 3 may give them a few excuses (Sarah's mad that Chuck is still the Intersect, Chuck wants to be a spy etc) but in order to keep the show progressing and the fans… still fans, they need to be together now. I don't see what the big deal is; I'd personally find watching them go through normal relationship/intimacy struggles much more entertaining than them going back to pretending they don't love each other and chasing after other random hotties.

Phew! Sorry about the length of that. I tend to rant on this subject.

Comment

Originally posted by big yellow taxi
        Now, this may just be my paranoia acting up on me, but I'm getting the feeling that you aren't the writers' number one fan. Am I wrong? Lol.

The problem is, I feel, that -as some people have pointed out- they made the Chuck/Sarah love story the main driving force of the show from day 1. This meant that they tackled growing affection/other love interests/jealousy/realisation of feelings etc in the short span of Season 1, which was fine and dandy as it was a natural progression, but when it came around to Season 2 they had 22 episodes of these characters already being in love with each other and openly admitting it to everyone (except each other, of course *rolls eyes*) and then they hit a wall because they're not supposed to be together yet. Oh dear.

So in an attempt to shake it up, they've fallen back on the old plays -love triangles etc- which nobody finds remotely interesting or believable now (Cole Barker? I mean, seriously?) Maybe if the other plotlines in the show were a bit stronger they could get away with just leaving the love story as it is for a while without the show getting dull, but they rely on it. For example, Captain Awesome wasn't really meant to be a regular, so they could have brought in love interests for Ellie. The other thing is that they've stereotyped a lot of the other MANY regular characters and don't seem to want to overly develop them - crazy.

In saying all of that, I do love the show very much and agree that in putting them in a relationship, it would lose an appealing aspect. But they've got to do it, otherwise it won't make sense! Yes, Season 3 may give them a few excuses (Sarah's mad that Chuck is still the Intersect, Chuck wants to be a spy etc) but in order to keep the show progressing and the fans… still fans, they need to be together now. I don't see what the big deal is; I'd personally find watching them go through normal relationship/intimacy struggles much more entertaining than them going back to pretending they don't love each other and chasing after other random hotties.

I'm not a fan of theirs but if they do something that makes me smile. I'll kiss their feet.

I do agree and you read my mind. Nobody finds these love interests remotely interesting or fun there boring and stupid. Cole Barker even if Sarah did ditch Chuck for that British playboy, he would dump her after a year then she'd go back pleading for Chuck's forgiveness.

With Sarah, she turns into jelly when a new love interest comes on like Cole, she forgets about Chuck and like Casey said She falls for anyone whom she works with. No one is gonna take her seriously. Yvonne said that no one likes Sarah and she should get a love interest. That was Season 1 but were not going to like her more if she becomes an airhead when this macho man comes on. Chuck already knew Jill and he only kissed Lou several times.
        Last edited by Kryptonian250; 10-06-2009, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kryptonian250
          With Sarah, she turns into jelly when a new love interest comes on like Cole, she forgets about Chuck and like Casey said She falls for anyone whom she works with. No one is gonna take her seriously.
          I have to say that I have thought this before, however, to be fair, if you think about it Chuck and Sarah have had the same amount of love interests so far: the big ex and the random hottie, it's just that Chuck's came at a time that made sense i.e. when he thought that Sarah didn't care and that a relationship was out of the question, which is why we can forgive him but not Sarah.

So, overall, I completely agree with you in the way that giving them more love interests at this point in their relationship seems incredibly stupid and annoying, but I think we've just got to trust that the writers know what they're doing. I'm sure they're aware that if they disrespect the love story too much, they'll upset the fans. So they won't.

Season 3 will be fantastic! ............*crosses fingers*

Comment

He knew Jill and she only met Shaw, that's stupid.

Comment

Well, Josh Schwartz has a big fan right here (From The OC to Gossip Girl to Chuck)... I may not be into love triangles, but I for one do not watch the show for the romance. To me Chuck and Sarah are totally secondary and when i watch I focus more on other storylines like with Orion and the intersect and also the awesome comedy. I'm a lot more interested in next season because of the new intersect than I am of anything that goes on between the couple (to be honest, I'm actually way more interested in seeing more of Captain Awesome now that he knows Chuck's secret than anything that can happen between Sarah and Chuck... you know, unless they move the show to HBO and have a nude scene) which is why no matter what happens between Chuck and Sarah I'll keep watching and if it gets really bad, I'll do like i do on Smallville... fast forward.

I do however agree with you that Chuck and Sarah progressed too fast in season 1 for them to not be together by season 2 or 3. That said, I personally didn't mind Lou or Jill, I like them both as characters even though i don't like the love triangles themselves... I didn't mind Bryce either (but then every time i watch Bryce I get the feeling he's more in love with Chuck than Sarah [in his own twisted way], but is so deep in the closet he's reaching Narnia)... Only one I didn't like was Cole. I would like it if the other storylines in the show were stronger though.

And like i said, I'd love to see more of Captain Awesome. I'm really glad he became a regular as opposed to the enemy spy they planned him to be initially.

----- Added 7 Minutes later -----

So, overall, I completely agree with you in the way that giving them more love interests at this point in their relationship seems incredibly stupid and annoying, but I think we've just got to trust that the writers know what they're doing. I'm sure they're aware that if they disrespect the love story too much, they'll upset the fans. So they won't.

Season 3 will be fantastic! ............*crosses fingers*
              Yeah *fingers crossed too*
              Last edited by Daddylion; 10-07-2009, 08:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Josh and Chris better deliver or else...I'd say pull out of the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddylion
                  Well, Josh Schwartz has a big fan right here (From The OC to Gossip Girl to Chuck)... I may not be into love triangles, but I for one do not watch the show for the romance. To me Chuck and Sarah are totally secondary and when i watch I focus more on other storylines like with Orion and the intersect and also the awesome comedy. I'm a lot more interested in next season because of the new intersect than I am of anything that goes on between the couple (to be honest, I'm actually way more interested in seeing more of Captain Awesome now that he knows Chuck's secret than anything that can happen between Sarah and Chuck... you know, unless they move the show to HBO and have a nude scene) which is why no matter what happens between Chuck and Sarah I'll keep watching and if it gets really bad, I'll do like i do on Smallville... fast forward.

I do however agree with you that Chuck and Sarah progressed too fast in season 1 for them to not be together by season 2 or 3. That said, I personally didn't mind Lou or Jill, I like them both as characters even though i don't like the love triangles themselves... I didn't mind Bryce either (but then every time i watch Bryce I get the feeling he's more in love with Chuck than Sarah [in his own twisted way], but is so deep in the closet he's reaching Narnia)... Only one I didn't like was Cole. I would like it if the other storylines in the show were stronger though.

And like i said, I'd love to see more of Captain Awesome. I'm really glad he became a regular as opposed to the enemy spy they planned him to be initially.
                  I feel really bad because I sounded like I hate all other parts of the show! Obviously I too love the Intersect bits and the humour (especially Casey's humour) but for me it was the love story that got me hooked. I think I felt like this was my favourite part in Season 2 because I got a bit sick of Chuck whining about not having his normal life -IMO Season 2 would have been better with less episodes- but Season 3 looks to change all of that. As you said, the new Intersect is going to make things a whole lot more interesting and I too can't wait to see Captain Awesome get mixed up in spy world. He's going to be great this year.

Also, about the fast-forward comment: I do that too! I can't tell you how many times I've thought how happy I am that I only started watching Friends after it finished. And I only started watching Smallville after Season 4.

And yes, I totally get what you mean by Bryce loving Chuck more than Sarah. I don't think he really loved Sarah, to be honest, but I was pretty sad when he died. I can't say I liked Lou, but she served a purpose, as did Jill. But I absolutely hated Cole Barker and have said so many times on these things. Sorry.

Glad someone agrees they need stronger secondary storylines.

Comment

Chuck was like the brother Bryce never had. Nah, Bryce never really loved Sarah and vice versa maybe it was just a fling.

We need Mama Bartowski to complete Chuck's destiny.

Comment

I feel really bad because I sounded like I hate all other parts of the show! Obviously I too love the Intersect bits and the humour (especially Casey's humour) but for me it was the love story that got me hooked. I think I felt like this was my favourite part in Season 2 because I got a bit sick of Chuck whining about not having his normal life -IMO Season 2 would have been better with less episodes- but Season 3 looks to change all of that. As you said, the new Intersect is going to make things a whole lot more interesting and I too can't wait to see Captain Awesome get mixed up in spy world. He's going to be great this year.

Also, about the fast-forward comment: I do that too! I can't tell you how many times I've thought how happy I am that I only started watching Friends after it finished. And I only started watching Smallville after Season 4.

And yes, I totally get what you mean by Bryce loving Chuck more than Sarah. I don't think he really loved Sarah, to be honest, but I was pretty sad when he died. I can't say I liked Lou, but she served a purpose, as did Jill. But I absolutely hated Cole Barker and have said so many times on these things. Sorry.

Glad someone agrees they need stronger secondary storylines.
                      You don't sound like that. I guess it's different with everyone though, I mean the romance certainly wasn't what drew me to the show... In fact, if someone were to ask for my favourite ship, it wouldn't even be Chuck/Sarah, but actually Chuck/Sarah/Casey... They're my OT3. I kinda want all of them together Poor Casey, always left behind.

Anyway, when it comes to romance, on most shows if the main one gets bad I focus on ones i can find on fics anyway so I guess whatever happens with Chuck/Sarah effects me a lot less than most people. Like i said, I'm hooked on the show for other reasons... In fact, with all of Josh's shows, I've always been drawn to the show more cause of the dialogue than anything else. I like the sense of humour and style of his shows, and though romance seem to be the thing that's supposed to draw people in the most about more or less all of his shows, it's not that way with me.

I get what you're saying though. Chuck is a show that has a whole lot more to offer than romance, but like Smallville, both the writers and the audiance seem to be focused more on that than any other aspect.

I agree with you about season 2, there were two many episodes there. It would have been better if it was shorter and there wouldn't have been so many love triangles and back and fourthness. And also, hehe, for me, 'I want to be normal' angst and 'OMG! we can't be together, but oh I want to, but oh we can't etc.' angst is the leading cause of fast forwarding for me.

Lol right... Well, I'm a Smallville veteran... and a Friends one too. But I HATE Ross/Rachel.

I didn't like that Bryce died either, even if he annoyed me at many points in the story. But yeah, his relationship with Sarah to me didn't feel quite real, unlike his relationship with Chuck.

As for Lou... it was the sandwitch talk hehe. I just loved that they flirted in sandwitch... And also, it was Rachel Bilson, whom I was into in The OC.

For some reason, i feel like when it's a love triangle, the one where someone wants Chuck is better than the one where someone wants Sarah. It just feels more real with Chuck, the way his personality fits with Lou or with Jill. With Sarah, they just kinda feel like the James Bond beefcake whatever... Even with Bryce. I didn't feel like there was really anything there.

Comment

Bryce liked Chuck but acted on Steve's orders.

Comment

I keep hearing that writers from shows don't want the main couple getting together as that would end the show? Never bought into that. It's just a shear lack of imagination from the writers.
                          I can imagine in SV's version of Clois that their banter would just get better and have a wider topic range. For me it would make them more interesting to watch. The same goes for Chuck and Sarah, a whole range of topics and situations would pop up. ie. They would have to keep their relationship secret from the the powers that be and the spy secret to be kept from civilians.

Comment

Originally posted by Loisistheone
                            I keep hearing that writers from shows don't want the main couple getting together as that would end the show? Never bought into that. It's just a shear lack of imagination from the writers.
                            I can imagine in SV's version of Clois that their banter would just get better and have a wider topic range. For me it would make them more interesting to watch. The same goes for Chuck and Sarah, a whole range of topics and situations would pop up. ie. They would have to keep their relationship secret from the the powers that be and the spy secret to be kept from civilians.
                            Exactly. Its lack of imagination, getting them together would bring out fresh ideas and the sort.

God there going to make us regret fighting for the show if they continue with the same stupid crap like love triangles. I swear they would write better for a soap opera.

Comment

holly CR@P do NOT cancel CHUCK and let them SLEEP together but show the scene to the public

Comment

This topic is nearly a year old.... And they are together now so the whole point is moot.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎