Collapse
No announcement yet.

Davis Bloome redemption

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really don't think the story of Davis Bloome should have ended with redemption. Even though Doomsday was expelled from his body, the human side (the mask) of Doomsday really had no idea what was going on. He mysteriously appeared on this earth and was rejected from numerous groups as a youth, occasionally blacking out and killing people under the Doomsday name. He managed to suppress the beast within and hide it but eventually it overcame him. He tried to do good but everything, from the killings to Chloe not loving him to Faora telling him what he really was to seeming invincible, drove him over the edge. I don't believe the character would note the distinction between Doomsday and Davis Bloome. He wouldn't make the disconnect. He came to believe that he, Davis Bloome, was the monster. Doomsday gave Davis the personality of a killer monster from space by the end but not the body.

Comment

^I respectfully disagree. I think that Davis had built a life of his own and he wanted to be good and did the best he did in a horrible situation, which is why I wanted to see him redeemed. You know giving a more postive hopeful message then the some people are just doomed because they were born or made that way. And love gets the worst out of you espeacilly if non one loved you except one person and that love was taken away.

Anyway, as for Adam and Jason being like Davis story. I'd have to say there is a point there they have some simularities. But I feel where both Adam and Jason had a little while to show them go to the crazy part with Davis the crazy thing was taken out of no where because it was shown to me that Davis would never hurt Chloe or Jimmy. He had plenty of times to choose to hurt Jimmy but he never did.

But I do have to say I loved both Adam and Jason and how they both challanged Lana and respected her in a way Clark really didn't. They didn't treat her like ap rclean doll. And in a way it's simular with Chloe. Chloe finally got something from Davis that she always wnate from Clark.

Comment

Originally posted by chlo-el
        ^I respectfully disagree. I think that Davis had built a life of his own and he wanted to be good and did the best he did in a horrible situation, which is why I wanted to see him redeemed. You know giving a more postive hopeful message then the some people are just doomed because they were born or made that way. And love gets the worst out of you espeacilly if non one loved you except one person and that love was taken away.

Anyway, as for Adam and Jason being like Davis story. I'd have to say there is a point there they have some simularities. But I feel where both Adam and Jason had a little while to show them go to the crazy part with Davis the crazy thing was taken out of no where because it was shown to me that Davis would never hurt Chloe or Jimmy. He had plenty of times to choose to hurt Jimmy but he never did.

But I do have to say I loved both Adam and Jason and how they both challanged Lana and respected her in a way Clark really didn't. They didn't treat her like ap rclean doll. And in a way it's simular with Chloe. Chloe finally got something from Davis that she always wnate from Clark.
        ^I second this.

Comment

If Doomsday from the Superman comics who had absolutely no conscience or human consequence to his being gains redemption after gaining the ability to know right from wrong then Davis definitely DESERVED REDEMPTION because it's what he wanted all his life.

Comment

Davis did deserve redemption for everything that he went though in his life. The way they eneded Davis with him killing Jimmy didn't make much sense to me. Maybe because he has Zod his father's DNA? I understand Why Davis was mad, the way Chole used Davis's love for her to run away with her to protect Clark was very wrong. But I don't think Davis would of killed Jimmy and attempt to kill Chole because of it. I guess he did have some of his father in him after all.
            Last edited by Mets7christian; 12-18-2013, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎