No announcement yet.

The Winchester's - A family of Vessels

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Winchester's - A family of Vessels

So we know that Dean is a vessel. We know that this kind of thing is "in the blood" meaning that it is hereditary. Both Jimmy and his daughter could be posessed by Castiel. So does that mean that both John and Sam are also vessel's? Certainly Sam because I suppose it is possible it comes from their mother's side of the family.

Are we going to see Sam get posessed by an Angel?

How would that work with the demon blood coarsing through his veins?

Comment

I think, if anything, John could have been a vessel as well.

There's no way Mary could've been since she was part of Azazel's plan. And no way Sam is a vessel. As he's "supposed" to become this all-powerful demon in the future.

Comment

The problem here is that 4 seasons in, we still know nothing concrete about Sam's powers and his relationship with demons and demon blood. Demon blood makes him stronger? Shown and unshown, it does make him stronger, but Ruby compared it to Dumbo's feather. Demon blood gave him powers? Maybe and maybe not, Lucifer was looking for a "special" child, and we have no idea what that means. How do premonitions lead to demon-exorcisms? What was up with that telekinesis earlier? Leading an army? Yes and no, lots of demons mention it, but Sam managed to free Lucifer just fine, army unnecessary. Is that the end of Sam's grand demonic destiny? Impossible to say.

And now, instead of answering questions that have already been raised, they decide to raise some more, and not just about Sam, but about Dean and the rest of their family, too. This, my friends, is fast becoming what is known as a Kudzu Plot (have I mentioned I love TVTropes.org). Can all these questions be answered before the end of the season, which is supposedly going to be the last one? I hope so, I really do, but I'm a little skeptical on the matter.

Of course, that doesn't mean I won't watch religiously. I still really like the show, even with its flaws.

Comment

I think what Ruby meant with the "Dumbo's feather" quote was that, the blood didn't make Sam go down that road, Sam went down that road himself, he wanted more blood, he was in no way "poisoned" as he kept saying Ruby did to him. Sam wanted it, which did make him stronger, as he was able to defeat demons with and send them back to Hell, and then he finally could kill demons. And he was a special child, and many of the special children that Azazel helped "produce" had special abilities, which wasn't furthered shown in season three, which should've been, but it was nice to have a break from that, but we did get referenced to how "evil" Sam could become, even being harshed with beheading Gordon. Now I think that the blood helped him with his powers, and I doubt he could've done what he did in season four without more blood, which will probably not be explained, but it's just something you have to "go along with", but it hasn't been the first TV series that gives its viewers blind faith to go on, haha.

And regarding Dean Winchester, I should elaborate my answer earlier. I said there was no way Mary or Sam could be a vessel, but I said John could. I don't think Dean is that kind of "special" to be a vessel, but what I do think is that Dean is to become Michael's vessel because of his involvement with the seals being broken, being the righteous man that broke the first seal, he needs to be a sacrifice, as in, letting Michael take the reigns of his meat suit. And John was meant to break the first seal back in season two, so that's why I said John could've very well been a vessel as well. To Michael.

I don't regard Dean being "special", just as Jimmy or whoever the names were that Uriel or Zachariah took over. He's just the one that started it and is "special" in the way that he is meant to kill Lucifer.

Comment

with sam... define angel.

Comment

That is an interesting theory about Dean being a special kind of vessel not related to the others. He's only good for Michael because he broke the first seal, not because of any vessel gene. I could definitely buy that. What I think would be a really cool twist is if, when Dean gets possessed by Michael, it's Dean that remains in control of his body. It could happen at the end of the season, when the angels are getting desperate to kill Lucifer, and Dean says, "Alright, I'll take him, but only if I get to call the shots."

As to Sam, I'm glad you prefaced your statements with the phrase "I think", because that's exactly why I prefaced my statements with the word "concrete". We can all speculate until we're blue in the face what various demons and prophecies and stuff meant, but within the show they have never been explained. Therefore, we do not actually know what the truth is. Even if a lot of what you say could make sense, that doesn't mean that is what it all actually meant within the show.

And you're right that this isn't the first show that has failed to explain a lot of stuff that happens. Movies, books, and comics do it all the time, as well. However, this is not a mark for a piece of fiction, but a mark against it. I don't consider it a good thing that they abandon a plot before it's finished.

Comment

Originally posted by Call_Me_Ishmael
                I think what Ruby meant with the "Dumbo's feather" quote was that, the blood didn't make Sam go down that road, Sam went down that road himself
                Just want to put in my 2 cents: I always took that statement to mean that it wasn't the demon blood per se that gave Sam his powers, rather it was the decision to drink the blood that gave him powers because every time he would take another step downhill his soul would get a little more tarnished. For example, had the blood itself had some kind of power enhancing properties he would not have needed to drain that nurse who was possessed by Lilith's "chef". A few pints at most, not enough to cause serious damage, and not that upsetting if he steals an IV, given that the woman probably give's blood regularly. No, in order to get the power upgrade he had to Kill her, an innocent woman, purely for his own needs (however he may have justified it to himself, she was essentially a blood sacrifice).

And yes I know Ruby was the one who killed her but that is semantics.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit Detective
                  How would that work with the demon blood coarsing through his veins?
                  Just something I'm curious about...................

When God put the boys on the plane when Lucifer was rising, did that just clean out the blood that Sam drank [he said he didn't have the shakes or anything to do with 'blood withdrawal']... or did it cleanse his system of Azazel's blood, too?

Not totally related to this thread, but wondering about it.

Comment

I assumed the dumbo feather comment implied that the whole thing was just a placebo.

Comment

That's what any reasonable person would assume, Syn. Dumbo thought that he needed his magic feather to fly, but he really didn't. He could do it on his own. If the blood is Sam's feather, then he doesn't really need it for his mojo. He could do it himself.

Comment

If he could do it himself, then it's just stupidity on Sam's behalf that he still craves demon blood?

Comment

Well, he was lied to when he was in a very vulnerable position. Ruby took advantage of Dean's death to propose the demon blood to an emotionally traumatized Sam. She knew that the blood was addictive and that Sam's powers would grow naturally as he accepted them and practiced with them. After he was addicted, he would just keep making excuses to get more, and "it fuels my demon-banishing powers" would be a pretty good justification.

Or, maybe the blood actually did make his powers stronger, but it wasn't actually necessary. Sam's powers would have grown with some good old-fashioned hard work, but using the blood was faster and allowed Ruby to keep Sam under control. It's possible that the blood actually limited Sam's powers in some fashion. Jake got all of the powers after he decided to accept them (or so he said). Sam actually lost his power and gained an entirely different one. What's up with that?

Anyway, that's just two possible takes. Sam doesn't need to be an idiot. He was just lied to, like pretty much everyone else on the show. The blood could still be addictive, without actually being useful.
                          Last edited by He Who Lurks; 09-28-2009, 07:21 PM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎