#2.1 "The Curse of Cornelius Sigan"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ewwwww dragon breathe

----- Added 51 Seconds later -----

why is the dragon trapped to begin with? cant remember if it was ever said.

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

is merlin possesed now?

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

yay merlin did it
    Last edited by superhippie2000; 04-02-2010, 07:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Uther trapped the dragon there before Arthur was born, I think.

The showdown between Merlin and Sigan was great!

I love how loyal Merlin's become to Arthur.

Love the fake out with Merlin and if he was possessed or not.

Merlin saved the day again!

I love that Arthur sort of admitted that Merlin was right.

What is a clotpole?

Somebody's after Arthur again next week and he's going to stay with Gwen.
      Last edited by rockyshadow; 04-02-2010, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• o ok think that was it

ya was a ood fake out lol

nice to have someone to talk to in this thread. hope others will chat about it later. think the later time may be a reason or something.

good episode tonight

Comment

• Loved it and I'm sooooooo glad Merlin is back. Poor Merlin got poo on his face...ewww...well I do hear it's can be a sign of good luck.

Comment

• Gargoyles coming to life and the guy from Pirates of the Caribbean?!!! Awesome!!!!!!

Comment

• What is a clotpole?
              I think we've determined it means d*ckhead. It's a tea-time show so they sort of fuzzed it up there with an old-sounding term.

I saw an interview or BTS special where Mackenzie Crook (Cedric), pulled an ad-lib with "Clotpole, he said clotpole", sort of emphasizing how bad it was and they just went with it. Good instincts.

I love that Arthur sort of admitted that Merlin was right.
              I think CoCS was a bit of a temporary backwards step for the Arthur/Merlin relationship but I kind of feel that Merlin takes the mickey out of Arthur so much that Arthur (who was more used to subservient servants) was a little more susceptible to the very clever but obvious obsequious toad after the "life save" trick. There's also a deleted scene where Merlin trips with the chamber pot and it goes all over Arthur. Still, Arthur WAS a clotpole in the episode and got thoroughly wacked around by the gargolyes for it. I also think Arthur's character was sacrificed a bit to make Sigan's offer to train Merlin and give him the respect he's do more tempting.

I'm content to fanwank that the fact that he went back to Merlin (who did in fact escape from jail) shows that Arthur truly understands that it's better to have an insulting but loyal servant than a bootlicker. I don't think Merlin's job will ever be threatened again.

Comment

• Man I love this show, I am so happy to see it back on in the U.S. I really enjoyed this episode, and man did I miss having this on TV here.

I love love love Gwen's dress, she looks so much like a lady and has much more of a "significance" if you will, dressed like that. I loved how she saved Arthur.

Ah how I missed Arthur and Merlin too. Can't wait til Friday!!

Comment

• I was finally able to watch this episode. I enjoyed it. I am soooo glad Merlin is back for those of us in the US!

Comment

• Well, it took ages but I'm finally watching Merlin again and got to see this episode (course now I'm sick and have been sidetracked but hopefully will get back to the others soon!).

This was a nice return to Merlin and his world but I do wish Arthur would stop being such a prat to Merlin all the time. I mean, after everything that happened in Season 1 you'd think he would be a bit more understanding and all. Sometimes I too, wonder just why Merlin is so devoted to Arthur, you know?

I really enjoyed this 'big bad' though (guy from POTC!).

And that scene in the courtyard at the end was beautifully done. Colin was creepy before the reveal, well done Colin!

Comment

• This episode was fantastic! Yeh, and I saw it last Saturday ( New night, new time. ) And it was not even disappointing! It was great, I loved it. I can hardly wait until tonight when I see episode 2.

I love that Morgana is having dreams- is it dreams of what is to come? I dunno. It feels like finally they are moving forward with the story/mythology of the whole thing of Arthur. I am so very glad that Gaius is not dead. That was such a relief at the end of series one that he did NOT die. I feel that we , desperately , need him. Or rather, that Merlin still has a great need for Gaius. He is a great teacher to Merlin.

Comment

• Gave it a 9.

A really good way to start a season. Colin seems to be more at home playing Merlin. Arthur was great even though he should be trusting Merlin a bit more at this point. The cgi in the episode was really good, an improvement to last season. The final scene in the courtyard with Merlin and Sigan in all that smoke was just magnificent.

Uther, Gwen and Morgana could have used more screen time and the stables scene with knocked out Merlin laying in...well...was a bit too much.

Comment

• I gave it a 7. For a series 2 opener I thought it was flat. Merlin has come to Arthur with amazing stories in the past but by now you would think that Arthur would realize that Merlin has been right in the past and at least think about it.
                          Instead Arthur takes the word of the bootlicker over Merlin and throws him in prison.

I think that Sigan telling Merlin that Arthur had just tossed him aside had a lot of merit.

And all Merlin got in the end was a half hearted apology from Arthur.

The whole Merlin/Arthur relationship was set back to almost the beginning of series 1.

After the epic ending of series 1, I was looking for more of an epic beginning of series 2.

Comment

• I gave it a 7 as well. I enjoyed it but i do think it lacked something, not sure what. I guess I'd have like to see more of Sigan/Merlin show down.

I personally disagree on the Arthur/Merlin relationship being set back, tho i can understand why it would come off to others like it was. I felt while watching it that Arthur was in some ways giving Merlin a hard time and at this point in the show I don't feel Arthur had to believe him yet. I do think Arthur trusted Merlin but Merlin comes off, because of what Arthur doesn't know, like he is a flaky, moody and not with it boy. From Arthur's pov it seemed to me that Merlin was just displaying more of those traits. Plus it showed of that Arthur still had more growing to do. Despite a good heart he was very much still in the arrogant phase.

I enjoyed the fact that it also illustrated that despite everything Arthur thinks he knows about Merlin and how he is constantly trying to define him, Merlin is still a mystery to him.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎