Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So the armageddon is brought to us by the Wizard of Oz?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the armageddon is brought to us by the Wizard of Oz?

Excuse me while I go behind this green curtain and kick start the armageddon by giving my gold ring a little twist, like so, using my hidden evil-tech to cause a remote control hallucination. Thank badness nobody has seen me using my ring-o'-evil because then they'd know that my powers are just an easily defeated trick and not real powers. Kind of makes the whole thing seem like a sham if I'm a Horseman and I still need to rely on hocus pocus magic tricks that my understudy or my secretary could have done just as easily, or some punk kid who mugged me for my wallet and jewelry last week in Queens.

I guess it makes sense for War to be portrayed like that if you look at him as a deceiver who has to trick people into going to war. A shady magician with suspect abilities might fit the bill in that case. Because isn't that the question we're always asking ourselves about war: "Why were we so stupid as to go to war?" Well, this guy provided a nice visual representation of how his whole business was stupid. Still, I think they nabbed him way too easily. And if the armageddon is already off the rails, that'd be really embarrassing for Evil who supposedly had 1000s of years to plan this.

I think you should have halted this post until the season ends. You really have no idea what War's agenda is, lol.

The ring isn't destroyed. War IS still out there as he vanished. It wasn't a quick win for the Winchesters against War.

Comment

Yeah, you might say they won the battle, but are still in the war. I am sure we'll see War at his finest later in the series. We just got a taste, and the taste was essentially him destroying a town.

Comment

War is immortal. He is not dead. He may have a totem (Death would have his Scythe, not sure about the other two) but I guess it probably should have been a sword - or some kind of weapon. Anyway, he will be back, fully fingered and very annoyed.

Comment

I think it wasn't a sword just because they've used the term "swords" too much and loosely. Lucifer's sword was more like a tiny dagger, and Michael's sword is only a vessel. The writers probably wanted something other than a sword just because of that.

Comment

Three of the the Four Horsemen did carry tools, according to the Bible. Conquest had a bow and a crown, War a sword, Famine a set of scales, and Death had no tool, though he is often depicted with a scythe in later interpretations.

By the way, did they ever actually say in the show that the sword Uriel used was actually Lucifer's sword? I remember everyone on the boards talking about Lucifer's sword, but was it ever actually mentioned in the show, and if it was, when? I do understand about not wanting to overdo the whole "sword" motif that they have going. Not to mention, War would have been totally obvious if he had been lugging a sword around all over the place (the Bible even describes the sword as "huge"). A ring is far more surreptitious.

All that said, it was kind of bizarre that he was just tricking basically one town with illusions for a few days. Lamest portrayal of a Horseman ever? I guess maybe he needed a vacation or something from all of the very real, bloody wars going on all over the world. Kind of weird that he does his most pathetic work immediately after the Apocalypse starts, of all times. He basically implied that he's been responsible for most or all wars that have ever happened, and then when Lucifer breaks free and the End is very much Nigh, he decides to focus his efforts on making some rednecks kill each other in some entirely forgettable podunk town.

Comment

"Rednecks" that had three hunters. He lured pretty much three hunters into a town, and then two more. That's not a lousy plot, imo.

And also, for the sword/dagger being Lucifer's sword. It isn't mentioned in the episode, but IS mentioned on the description of the episode, and I am pretty sure Kripke named it the Lucifer's sword.

And also, I have said this before. No one should be calling this a lame excuse for War. He vanished; he isn't dead. He will be returning for sure. And I do enjoy SPN's take on War with him having a ring and not a sword just because SPN isn't that loaded with money for budget, and they take in a very smart look when it comes to battles/storylines/etc.

Comment

You make it sound like it's War's job to kill hunters, when no such thing is ever stated or even implied. On the contrary, I would say that War's job is to create war, and killing hunters is directly contrary to that, hence why he left Sam alive when he could have easily killed him. Sure, he did create war here, on a very small scale, but he did a pretty poor job of it, especially if you compare it to the rest of his body of work.

I'm not saying War won't return. Hell, I hope he does, and I hope he gets his act together next time. Saying he'll do better in the future doesn't mean he sucked it up any less this time.

And honestly, I couldn't care less about the ring gimmick, but a prop sword does not cost significantly more than a prop ring, I would imagine (I could easily be wrong about this, as I know nothing about weaponsmithing or jewelry-making, fake or otherwise).

Comment

Hunters are the ones that are standing on the defense in "The End". That's why I imply that War is out for the hunters as well, or even moreso than the "regulars". They will pretty much be the only line of defense against Lucifer's virus. I mean, we could have different takes on War's first plan, but to me, it seemed like a good one. War is trying to create war, but killing off hunters as he goes sounds like a decent tactic.

Comment

I think we're just going to have to go our separate ways on this one. You thought it was clever, I thought it was lame.

That's okay, though. Intelligent people can disagree about stuff like this (if I may presume to call myself such). It's just a TV show, so hardly the end of the world (*snort). In all honesty, it didn't even really damage my opinion of the show at all. I'm still looking forward to next week's episode just as much.

Comment

I'm not gonna lie, I would have preferred a big-scale event regarding War, but, again, this is a television series with a budget, plus a television series that is on the CW, with a president of the network that only cares about her pro-female shows and not the shows that are the highest, Supernatual, and Smallville. So what we did get is something that I'm not gonna complain about, just because, to me, it was done in a very smart way.

And War will be back of course. So that's two reasons why I didn't think it was lame.

But yes, people can disagree. I have disagreed with a lot of people on here, lol.

Comment

i think he was just having a good time.... think about it (In the most f'd up way possible) whats more fun, making hated enemies fight each other or loving neighbors...

Comment

I think I'm going to have to weigh in on the "not a lame use of War's time" side. My thinking is that it may well have been only a few rednecks in a podunk town, but I got the impression that is how pretty much every war starts. If left unchecked, the influence and carnage of War would have spread until it was a proper war.

Also remember that this is the first time War has been personified in 2000 years, and this only happened because Lucifer has been raised. He may brag about how he is responsible for all the war's in human history but he didn't do this by walking around Nuremburg in 1937 twiddling his ring. The personification (or Anthropomorphic Representation to borrow a Terry Pratchett phrase) is the dark side of human nature made flesh and in that form he can only influence people he comes into contact with - at least for the time being. Or maybe he is just killing time (and people) while he is waiting for his 3 amigo's.

Comment

Originally posted by GENERALzod777
                            i think he was just having a good time.... think about it (In the most f'd up way possible) whats more fun, making hated enemies fight each other or loving neighbors...
                            Which is War's memo.

Comment

oh and if i remember correctly we have already seen death's sythe in the episode death takes a holiday, When Alastair said how he got the sythe to kill reapers, he said that his friend doesn't ride a pale horse, but has 3 amigos...

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎