Collapse
No announcement yet.

God?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see God on Earth seeing how humans, his creation, is protecting Earth, another of his creation. I mean, it's not his fault the Seals have been broken, the angels wanted this to happen, and God couldn't stop it as Dean broke the first seal. Much like how, if you believe in this, God won't be able to stop the Anti-Christ on Earth until God finally comes down to kill the Devil.

But God did save Sam, Dean and Castiel because those three have a big purpose in stopping Lucifer. It doesn't mean any of those three will be the one to kill Lucy though.

Comment

Originally posted by Lexgirl33
      God is powerful! We have yet to even learn much about him. I think unless he is utterly needed, he won't step in. Thats why he has his angels. And I think this season, we will see him step in. I mean he did save Dean and Sam from being blow to bits by Lucifer and he did cleanse Sam of his addiction. Not to mention Zach was scared when Cas mentioned it so this shows that when the Big Man steps in, it puts the fear of god even in the Angels.
      what proof do we have yet that it was in fact God who saved the brothers and put them on the plane? How do you know Sam is cleansed of his addiction? When did Cas specifically mention God?

Personally, I think God is still missing in action. Whether he is taking a nap, incapicated, or just out on vacation, who knows, but I dont think any of the events in the opener were his work.

Comment

I think God is more like a leader figure in all this, rather than a father figure. Not saying he ain't a father figure, but a father has to be a leader too when you have such a responsibility.

Comment

Originally posted by targis
          Just to add on to what you said

Well Satan in the real world is here on Earth now. The tribulation is the time period where the church is removed.

After the 1000 year period Satan will be released from the pit and be allowed to tempt people again for a short time and then there will be another war.

He is not the real God. This is fiction.
          Even in fiction, with this storyline, HE IS GOD!!!!

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Everyone had great theories about this topic and I appreciate ya for it, especially LexGirl.
          Tell me this, WHERE IS GOD? and How did God get so caught up in whatever he/she/it was doing that he/she/it didn't see or know what the angels were doing? I mean even in fiction, God is suppose to have this sort of GPS link with everything and everybody. Right?
          Last edited by VicNew; 09-15-2009, 11:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by VicNew

Everyone had great theories about this topic and I appreciate ya for it, especially LexGirl.
            Tell me this, WHERE IS GOD? and How did God get so caught up in whatever he/she/it was doing that he/she/it didn't see or know what the angels were doing? I mean even in fiction, God is suppose to have this sort of GPS link with everything and everybody. Right?
            No, I don't think so. It is up to the people making the show if the fake God is
            omniscience, omnipotence, and omnipresence.

I am not sure exactly where he is at the moment on the show.
            Last edited by targis; 09-15-2009, 07:15 PM.

Comment

It seems that he is sort of absent. I mean what is he suppose to be doing. The angels also said they never met him. Who has access to him. Only the Arch-Angels? I doubt if the prophets see him, but they must be communicating with him, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by VicNew

heres my theory...

God is just like any other man....

"In the beginning he created the heavens and the earth, night and day, the sun, moon, stars, etc, blah blah blah"..... That is just God as a little baby playing with legos.

Through the old testement, he was vengeful and would flood the earth, set loose the plagues on egypt, etc. That is just God as a child/young teenager who's throwing a temper tantrum because he is not getting his way.

Jesus is born. Oh crap, God got Mary knocked up. Time to straighten up and grow up a little.

Jesus dies and goes to heaven. Great...not only did he get the lady knocked up, but now he's got custody too. Enter a more gentle, puppy dog version of God.

Present day. Little has been seen of god in hundreds/thousands of years. Uh oh. God hit the mid life crisis and is cruising the heavens in a little *insert favorite color* sports car picking up chicks for a little "worshipping" with little care or concern about what is going on around him.

Just my thoughts

Comment

Well if seeing the true form of an angel burns your eyes out, imagine what seeing GOD's true form would do.

Comment

Originally posted by Superboy2
                    Well if seeing the true form of an angel burns your eyes out, imagine what seeing GOD's true form would do.
                    True Good point

Comment

That's probably why God will use a vessel. And it might be safer for the show to let God use a vessel, since I think portraying God is kinda wrong. Okay to me God is fiction, but I still respect what others believe (although sometimes that might not seem the case lol, I'm just a sarcastic person) Same with the prophet Mohamed. In Islam they don't like it that he is portrayed in any form. I think it's best not to show him in a form which we think is realistic, so for God to use a vessel is the safest thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Superboy2
                        According to the OT of the Bible...seeing God's true from = dying.

Originally posted by Davis Bloome
                        That's probably why God will use a vessel. And it might be safer for the show to let God use a vessel, since I think portraying God is kinda wrong. Okay to me God is fiction, but I still respect what others believe (although sometimes that might not seem the case lol, I'm just a sarcastic person) Same with the prophet Mohamed. In Islam they don't like it that he is portrayed in any form. I think it's best not to show him in a form which we think is realistic, so for God to use a vessel is the safest thing
                        ITA. They should def go the vessel route, like Morgan Freeman in Bruce Almighty. It's been done before and very few Christians (at least the ones I know) got upset about it. Plus, I am afraid that any special effects they could create for God, on such a shoestring budget, would just look cheesy/silly and take away from the story.

Comment

It's difficult to portray God, cause you have to make sure you're not racist and sexist. Some movies have portrayed God as a woman, some movies then black. Just all stupid clichés to avoid either being sexist or racist. In the 10 commandments they gave God the voice of Moses himself only making it sound more divine. In your opinions, what to you is the best way to portray God.... A vessel maybe yeah, but okay what kind of vessel.... What race, what sex. I don't really care actually cause its people who give too much thought into this who are kind of racist or sexist. If he's female, isn't it sexist to males, that he is female? If he's black isn't it racist to white that he is black? See that is why you better give him a vessel that is connected to all what is happening. Sam and Dean are very connected to Bobby... So maybe he is the best vessel.

Comment

I'm guessing they will portray GOD as a man, as in a vessel or whatever. They do say our father, so I'm guessing it wouldn't be a female as a vessel.

Comment

I always get a little confused when I hear people refer to God as omnipotent and then in the same breath describe Him as not omnipotent.

God, by definition, can do anything. That means that if He doesn't want you to die when you look at Him, you won't. If He wants to take a vessel He can and if He doesn't want to take a vessel He doesn't have to. He can kill you with a bolt of lightning or a heart attack or a bullet or an orgasm and bring you back the same way, or an entirely different way. He can lock up Lucifer in an instant or destroy him or make a trillion more Lucifers. He can tell the truth and He can lie and He can make His lies true. He can make everyone on Earth pure-hearted and good and He can make them all evil. If He wants free will to be necessary, then it is. If He wants it to be unnecessary, then it will be. He can send the Pope to Hell and he can send Hitler to Heaven. He can send Jesus to Hell and He can send Lucifer to Heaven. He can start the Apocalypse and He can end it, or prevent it from ever happening, or make it completely unnecessary. He can do anything He freaking wants to and there's nothing that anybody can say or do about it. He doesn't answer to you or to me or to anyone because He decides what is right and wrong and what is good and evil. Pride or humility, lust or chastity, wrath or temperence, all these are only good or bad because God says so. He could change his mind tomorrow, or maybe He already has changed his mind and edited all of our memories so that it seemed like it was always true.

This is the definition of omnipotent. If God cannot do any of these things, then He is not omnipotent and therefore not God.

Not that I believe in God.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎