Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bobby possessed?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you guys talking about the demons or the vessels?

My guess the knife has to penetrate the demon's soul..err whatever you wanna call it. Basically kill it where it would be most painful. I think slice and dice wouldn't be fatal but it would hurt.
    Last edited by Lexgirl33; 09-14-2009, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tygrius
      On another note. Was this the first time we ever saw a human be able to regain some amount of control over his body while possessed?
      No, remember how John did when he was possessed by yellow eyes?

Comment

Oh good call!

Comment

Originally posted by Lexgirl33
          Are you guys talking about the demons or the vessels?

My guess the knife has to penetrate the demon's soul..err whatever you wanna call it. Basically kill it where it would be most painful. I think slice and dice wouldn't be fatal but it would hurt.
          Ahh so you are saying there are no rules and the Producers will just kill a demon when they want to and not when they want to... yeah... this show just keeps jumping that shark...

Comment

I thought when the boys were thinking of releasing the demon out of Megan this conversation came up, that the only thing keeping Megan "alive" was the demon inside her because her body was too badly injured to survive.

In Bobby's case he only had a stab wound which is reasonably recoverable if attention is sought quickly, which it was in case. As far as a tat on Bobby, I couldn't say either way. Bobby does have a few quirks that may explain no tat, he doesn't agree with the boys all the time, in fact he disagrees lot, but is still on their side. It may be that Bobby has some other protection he relies on, or maybe he isn't so sought after to feel the need to be tattooed. I mean Sam and Dean are both "special" to the demons and angels, but, alas, Bobby isn't.

I look forward to the writers unraveling the season and giving us some more info to understand some of the things we saw in the premiere. That being said, this wasn't my favorite season premiere, I thought last year with Dean being brought up from hell was more entertaining. This, in comparison seemed a bit disjointed, especially seeing that Kripke himself wrote it. I had really high expectations, and he didn't live up to them. It wasn't a bad episode, I just expected more.

Comment

Originally posted by borednow
              Ahh so you are saying there are no rules and the Producers will just kill a demon when they want to and not when they want to... yeah... this show just keeps jumping that shark...
              yup pretty much they kill demons with no purpose and only hurt the ones that play a role. otherwise we will have a million pointless demons do nothing and eating up the seasons budget. they just kind of got to go with the flow since we have no actual proof how someone could actully kill a demon in real life.

Comment

That is not what I meant. I mean that when stabbing a demon in the "gut" it would kill them.

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic girl
                  I thought when the boys were thinking of releasing the demon out of Megan this conversation came up, that the only thing keeping Megan "alive" was the demon inside her because her body was too badly injured to survive.
                  Yes, I agree with that. I said something to that effect earlier but you say it much more clearly haha.

Comment

Dude...is no one realizing that Bobby never had the tattoo because he had that charm necklace? Which obviously doesn't work, which is WHY the boys had tattoos instead. Good lesson for Bobby though.

And I don't see this as a plot hole. The wound was fatal, and it had a consequence, by Zachariah or not, he can't walk now. I mean, many times we've seen the knife do some damage, and most of the time it kills, just because Sam nor Dean have ever rushed the body to a hospital, and also, the knife doesn't really work on someone as powerful as Alastair.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginx
                      When Lucifer was released (and the boys got a good view from the plane) it looked like a lot of energy and power so who knows what's changed as a result of that....Now Cas needs to brand Bobby so angels can't find him - because if the angels are looking for the boys then Bobby could lead the angels right to the boys without a brand
                      That was a real power of an Angel, IMO! Once you see their real faces, either you get blind or you die. That's why I think someone else sent the boys away.

Originally posted by Ginx
                      well we also chatted about this on the premiere night. I think that the level of demons and their power is greater now that the 'boss' is out. I think even a trained hunter like Bobby can fall victim to them - I think that might have been Kripke's point - is that no one is safe and anyone can fall victim. Anything goes basically. Maybe even some of the norm hunting styles are void now. It's a new game.
                      Does it mean we can expect the demons to possess Sam and Dean now too? Even though they're using the tattoos? O.o

Comment

Originally posted by Super-ville
                        No, remember how John did when he was possessed by yellow eyes?
                        ah, good call. i forgot that. So it is possible if you have a will strong enough to fight with.

Originally posted by Atomic girl

In Bobby's case he only had a stab wound which is reasonably recoverable if attention is sought quickly, which it was in case. As far as a tat on Bobby, I couldn't say either way. Bobby does have a few quirks that may explain no tat, he doesn't agree with the boys all the time, in fact he disagrees lot, but is still on their side. It may be that Bobby has some other protection he relies on, or maybe he isn't so sought after to feel the need to be tattooed. I mean Sam and Dean are both "special" to the demons and angels, but, alas, Bobby isn't.

I look forward to the writers unraveling the season and giving us some more info to understand some of the things we saw in the premiere. That being said, this wasn't my favorite season premiere, I thought last year with Dean being brought up from hell was more entertaining. This, in comparison seemed a bit disjointed, especially seeing that Kripke himself wrote it. I had really high expectations, and he didn't live up to them. It wasn't a bad episode, I just expected more.
                        I gotta disagree there. Bobby lost his family to demonic possession (if memory serves correctly). I'd think he would do whatever it takes to protect himself against them while he fights them and lets face it, its a hell of a lot harder to get a tattoo off than a necklace.

Comment

All he had was a necklace. He gave Sam and Dean the two of the same necklace as well in "Born Under A Bad Sign". It's not bad writing, just because Bobby is more local at his house then going around and hunting things.

Comment

I always thought he did.

Comment

He always did what? Have a tattoo?

Comment

Originally posted by Call_Me_Ishmael
                                He always did what? Have a tattoo?
                                Yes ..

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀