TV Ratings for Sympathy For the Devil

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets hope TVD doesnt pull a 90210 next week.
    Supernatural did well

Comment

That will depend on whether the show is any good. usally there is some drop off no matter what, how steep is dependant on the quality If people like it they will come back if not then the numbers will drop further

I thought Supernatural did ok it was not great for a season premeire but there was the game that drew huge numbers and there are the dvr numbers still.

Comment

The ratings don't really matter and here's why:

1. Last season's premiere got so much media attention because The WB sent out press screeners of the first to episodes to major media outlets. Nothing like that happened this year.

2. The first NFL game of the season was on last night, and probably took a lot of male fans who would otherwise be watching Supernatural.

3. VD is a new show and is aimed at the Twilight fans, and given who the CW targets, I knew it would have a big opening. Remember, 90210 had a big opening last year, but the ratings dropped real fast. I predict the same will happen to VD.

4. If Supernatural's ratings continue to fall, then maybe Kripke will be able to end the show on his terms, without fear of renewal by The CW.

Comment

Grrrr!! Totally not cool about how many viewers VD got!

I saw like the last 15 min of it to make sure I wouldn't miss the beginning of SPN, and seriously, I didn't like what I saw....oh well a topic best discussed in a diff thread.

I want SPN to be pulling more viewers though! It's an awesome show that is seriously underrated!

Comment

Originally posted by dsfjr1190
            The ratings don't really matter and here's why:

1. Last season's premiere got so much media attention because The WB sent out press screeners of the first to episodes to major media outlets. Nothing like that happened this year.

2. The first NFL game of the season was on last night, and probably took a lot of male fans who would otherwise be watching Supernatural.

3. VD is a new show and is aimed at the Twilight fans, and given who the CW targets, I knew it would have a big opening. Remember, 90210 had a big opening last year, but the ratings dropped real fast. I predict the same will happen to VD.

4. If Supernatural's ratings continue to fall, then maybe Kripke will be able to end the show on his terms, without fear of renewal by The CW.
            You bring up very good points. Supernatural is a good solid show, and has a huge following despite the ratings, I don't think we will have to worry.

Comment

Originally posted by chole_fan
              Yep...'tis true I am a little disappointed, but that is still not too bad. Much higher than the ratings were at the end of last season.

The big story is VD ratings. Did you see them: 4.84 Million
              Largest premiere audience in CW history. Will be interesting to see if that holds for the next few weeks.
              ugh Maybe some of the people were scared that Supernatural was all about the devil and didn't realize it was about the brothers? I know if they saw the beginning they'd be a little lost if they hadn't seen the rest of the series or parts of the rest of the series

Comment

I didn't watch the premier. I lost interest towards the end of last season. Love the Dean but not the way the show was going.

Comment

wow VD did better then supernatural? noooooooooooooo. supernatural should have done much better. that was a good episode. but atleast the ratings are still consistant

Comment

I agree completely with everything that dsfjr1190 said. If SPN's ratings aren't as great this year, it doesn't matter as much, 'cause we're almost completely guaranteed the ending that Kripke wanted. I'm cool with that, even if it means the last season of SPN.

Comment

ya i agree ratings dont have to be great this season cause the season is supposed to end rounding things up and have an ending that can be a series finale if need be.

Comment

Ratings isn't a big issue anymore. It was for seasons one through four, but season five is different. If the ratings are low and SPN isn't given a sixth season, then it's not a biggie as Kripke's plan is for only five seasons.

Plus, CW's viewers are more on the...idiotic side, as with shows such as Gossip Girl, or 90210, and now Melrose Place and the clone of Twilight, True Blood, etc. Supernatural has its following, and that's all that really matters. The beginning of "The Monster At The End Of This Book" summed up what Supernatural is about. It's an intelligent show that is more underground. It's the Aesop Rock of TV. And also, Supernatural makes you think...a lot of people can't do such a feat.

Comment

Originally posted by dgirllois4clark
                          that is poor ratings for a show that in the sci fi community is considerd better than smallville but i dont think it matters,this is the last season.
                          Last edited by tmchale1970; 09-12-2009, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Football was on. No matter how much I love Supernatural, I'll be picking football if it's on Thursday nights, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
                              wow VD did better then supernatural? noooooooooooooo. supernatural should have done much better. that was a good episode. but atleast the ratings are still consistant
                              Teenage girls man in school Friday after the show aired that all they taked about in my class annoying

Comment

I dont mind that it did better, after all its no competition lol But nothing should ever do better than SPN
                                Last edited by Lexgirl33; 09-14-2009, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎