Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mad Men (AMC)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It'll be sad to see the show end, but at the same time, it's better to go out strong. Rather than holding onto it for too long. Where would the show go, in the 1970's?

Like ArtgirlTexas said, the 60's was a turbulent and transformative period. Not to mention eventfull. 1969 alone had Woodstock, the Stonewall riots, the moon landing, Nixon entering office, the reintroduction of the draft lottery (if I'm not mistaken), the Manson family, etc.

What did the 70's have? The Watergate scandal (which wouldn't happen for several seasons) and a gas shortage (same again).

Other period pieces like That 70's Show and Heartbeat made the choice to freeze themselves in time, when they reached the end of their respective decades, instead of calling it quits or moving on to the next (making it always 1979 and 1969 respectively, for the majority of both shows run. Despite the fact, that years are clearly passing). It's good that this show won't go down that road and have it be 1969, for season after season. But, knows when to call it quits.
    Last edited by jon-el87; 07-23-2013, 10:57 AM.

Comment

I have really lost all interest in this show - I might watch the final season just to close it out but really this last season was really really boring for me. It felt like a soap opera and not as good as the first season.

Comment

AMC will split season 7 into two. Seven episodes will air now in the spring and the last seven will air in the spring of 2015.

Comment

If the episodes are split into two years, why not call them by two different season names? They're going to split the DVD anyway, you just know it...

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised, if they'll go for a spin-off, once the show's over (like they're doing with BB).

Comment

Tv Guide has named Mad Men the 21st best show of all time.

Link: http://www.tvguide.com/News/TV-Guide...w&profileid=01

(though, I don't agree about all of the shows on this list.)

Comment

The final season starts on the 13th.

Comment

Okay, Mad Men, bring on 1969.

Comment

I don't know why, but during the Megan scenes, I kept thinking "they're going to have her be killed, by the Manson Family".

Comment

New episode tonight!

Comment

New episode tonight!

Comment

The Ginsberg stuff was quite creepy. Did people really get this paranoid about computers, back in those days?

Megan letting the hippie girl in, brought back the "they're going to have her be killed, by the Manson Family", thoughts I've brought up before.

I quite liked the clash between Betty and Sally.

Comment

New episode tonight!

Comment

Comment

New episode tonight!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎