"C.K." - an AU Chlark Fic, PG-13/R

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ch I. pt 2 of 5

I. Section2

And suddenly Chloe realized that Clark's lips were on hers again.

For a moment Chloe was bewildered at what was happening.

Clark is kissing me back! REALLY kissing me… she thought wildly.

She could feel the tingly hot tendrils of energy flowing out of her and into Clark. She knew that somehow her ability had been triggered by the emotional pain he must be feeling and by her sorrow for him. She knew Clark was not kissing her because he loved her, but because his heart was broken over loosing Lana, because he was in pain and somehow her ability was trying to heal his emotional wounds.

Lana was my friend, Clark is my friend! Chloe screamed silently inside. I can’t let him do something he’ll never forgive himself for!

But as Clark’s mouth opened pleadingly against Chloe’s lips, her brain turned to mush and her knees to jelly as the tingly electricity twisted deep inside her. Tears streamed down her face and onto his. She had always wanted him, but not like this. She tried to will her body to pull away, to stop the rushing train of events she could already feel barreling towards her.

But Chloe knew that she could no more fight what was happening than she could defy gravity; and without giving them permission, suddenly her arms were going around him, her fingers were tangling in his soft brown hair, her lips were parting and her heart was opening to him like a flower in the desert rain.

As their kiss deepened, Clark felt Chloe’s willpower melt beneath his strong hands, which had dropped down to encircle her tiny waist. On some level he was aware of what was happening, but for him there was not a lot of thinking going on. When Chloe had kissed him there had been some sort of chemical reaction in his brain, like sensory overload. He had pulled back from the shock of it, not sure what to make of the overwhelming sensations. He knew she had kissed him before – but it had never felt like that – he had never felt anything like that before.

So without thinking - he had instinctively grabbed her by the shoulders, holding onto her for dear life – pressing his lips back into hers – not thinking anymore – just reacting to the energy that was like a tidal wave of love, which drowned out the excruciating pain he had felt moments ago. There was a moment where she seemed to resist but then he sensed her surrender. His hands ran down her back, and then up underneath her silk green shirt, grabbing her small back with one large hand and pulling her to him; his other hand moving up to grab a fistful of blonde hair, pulling her mouth even deeper into his.

Chloe felt the iridescent bubble of energy completely engulf them both. All of a sudden she could see Clark’s pain in her mind, like a gaping black hole stretching beneath her. Her heart broke for him a million times over – and as she willed his pain toward herself, she could visualize it growing smaller and smaller.

Clark could feel his agony and rage evaporating, replaced with wave after wave of heat and an intense love that twisted through his veins like an intoxicating drug he couldn’t get enough of. Chloe’s lips tasted like strawberries, and he couldn’t stop kissing them, sucking on them, caressing them with his own. Her skin felt electric, each touch sending tingly pangs of need throughout his whole body. He was suddenly overwhelmed by an undeniable hunger for more, for her, for this escape, for this healing.

Clark couldn’t think any longer, something was taking him over faster than a freight train, and suddenly Chloe was all he knew, all he had ever known. He was disoriented, yet he could feel every nerve in his body – all his senses were heightened to a degree he’d never imagined possible. He inhaled Chloe like she was his last breath… He could taste her sweet mouth, feel her soft curves pressed against his body, and smell her delicate floral perfume mixed with the salty aroma of her faint perspiration. And all these sensations combined suddenly, igniting a fuse deep within him that he became desperate to put out.

There was no battle of wills, no struggle with his guilt or conscience or concern that they might damage their friendship. Clark’s mind was elsewhere, floating in a disembodied sea with Chloe’s, and meanwhile his body had switched into auto pilot. He was impatiently shedding and ripping off of their clothing as they stumbled together towards Chloe’s bed, never breaking their increasingly frantic kiss. There was no concern for Chloe’s safety, no savoring the moment, only frantic panting, only ravenously deep and desperate kisses. Clark Kent was quickly losing control.

To jump to section 2 part 2 click here
    Last edited by Marfeic2011; 08-28-2009, 11:01 PM.

Comment

This is a really good story.
      The first chapter had me in tears.
      The way Chloe is taking away Clark's pain and giving him a feeling of love and comfort is amazingly beautiful.
      Can't wait for more.

Comment

Thanks - I actually accidently only pasted 1/2 that section so I'll paste the other half below. Also, I highly recommend listening to the vid "Love song requiem" (link above in first post) while reading this story because I wrote it with that song in the background & it really adds alot.

Also, I feel bad having to post the 3rd part elsewhere - but I just can't NOT tell that part of the story because its so important. However, I apologize to those under eighteen, but PLEASE dont cheat - to coin one of Chloe's phrases: "It's worth waiting for"

Comment

I. Section 2 Part 2

...There was no battle of wills, no struggle with his guilt or conscience or concern that they might damage their friendship. Clark’s mind was elsewhere, floating in a disembodied sea with Chloe’s, and meanwhile his body had switched into auto pilot. He was impatiently shedding and ripping off of their clothing as they stumbled together towards Chloe’s bed, never breaking their increasingly frantic kiss. There was no concern for Chloe’s safety, no savoring the moment, only frantic panting, only ravenously deep and desperate kisses. Clark Kent was quickly losing control.

Chloe felt her back hit the bed and then everything literally blurred. She felt cool air rushing over her, caressing all of her limbs. She could feel Clark everywhere, like his hands were in every place at once. He enveloped her small body with his, keeping from crushing her by staying propped up on his forearms. He felt Chloe’s hands on his back, in his hair, running up his chest.

But Chloe was only vaguely aware of what her body was doing because her mind and her heart were also caught up in a hurricane of transformation. The fire of her love was quickly burning away the darkness and pain that she was steadily drawing out of him. And she was shocked to discover that it was no longer pain over Lana that she was seeing, but rather it was sorrow mixed with love – for her!

She could taste his heartbreak when he thought he had lost her in the hospital earlier; she could feel his panic when he refused to believe she was gone, and then the rushing pleasure of his relief when he first heard her familiar heartbeat and the sound of her voice calling out to him for help. Then there was something else there – not romantic on the surface – but undoubtedly passionate and intense – and underneath his feelings of friendship Chloe discovered something so deep that she was afraid she would lose herself in it…

Chloe already knew that Clark was not afraid of many things, but what she didn’t know was that one of his greatest fears was his feelings for her. His feelings were so strong and overpowering that he had just tucked them away long ago under a nice label called friendship. But now Chloe could see the truth. It was because he cared about her so much, it was because he couldn’t bear to ever lose her, it was because he could never taint the purity of what they had – that was why he never wanted to risk it changing. She meant more to him than he could ever even admit to himself. And of all the things he thought he live with, losing her friendship was something he knew could never bear.

Don’t worry, she whispered into his mind, Nothing could ever change that, nothing…

Somehow he heard her, like an echo in his heart, and he kissed her – like he had never kissed her before, slowly, deliberately, like he had all of eternity to just taste her lips.

Oh Chloe, he thought, I never knew anything could feel like this, I wish I could just kiss you forever…

And then he was kissing her chin, her throat, behind her ear…

“Clark! Oh my god!” she cried out as his mouth trailed across a spot at the back of her neck that God must have created just for him to find. She came undone, losing the flow of images that had been streaming from his memory.

But to her surprise, she suddenly saw Clark standing before her - in her mind, towering above her like a mountain, with eyes of crimson fire that burned into her soul. Chloe realized that now he was seeing into her mind through the bridge between them that her ability had created.

To Clark, Chloe’s memories and thoughts seemed all jumbled up, like a Kaleidoscope that was spinning around him so fast that he couldn’t process it all. But the rush of it was intoxicating. So he dove even deeper, peeling away her defenses like layers from an onion, spurred on by the fire he felt emanating from deep within her.

And then, like a burning sunset stretched across the sky, Clark could suddenly see many years worth of Chloe’s feelings and experiences all at once. He witnessed how her crush for him had blossomed into a tender love, twisted into jealousy, and then was reborn as an unselfish, unconditional fire that could never be extinguished. He could see her settle for what happiness she felt she could have while she gave up everything just to stay in his life, to protect his secret, to help him fight his battles, to care for him in any way she could.

“Oh Chloe…” Clark moaned with remorse into her mouth as his hands ran up and down her back and through her hair, “I can’t believe I was so blind, I’m so sorry…”

But Clark could sense there was still something that Chloe was holding back … and so he pushed on with loving determination…

…................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..

If over 18 - Click here to jump to next section
          If under 18 - a PG 13 version of the same section will follow below soon (which I personally like better).
          .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...

I. Section 3 (PG13)

Suddenly Chloe felt Clark’s hand on the door that led to her most secret and private thoughts – things she couldn't even admit to herself. In her mind she could see herself standing in his way, so small beneath him, trying to block that last doorway to the dark closets of her soul.

But she could no more resist him mentally than she could physically, although she tried with all her might. She wanted so much to let go completely but there was still a remnant of some unnamed fear that held her back.

Suddenly Clark stopped. For a moment the fog in his mind began to clear; and white tendrils of light slowly started to recede from his body as he became more aware of what his body was doing and of Chloe’s sudden hesitation.

No, Chloe heard Clark whisper in her mind, Not like this Chloe. I won’t force you. I can’t take something you’re not ready to give…

She could feel his hands going around her back, pulling her tight against his chiseled chest in a gentle embrace, and in her mind he swept her up, wrapping around her like warm sunshine.

Oh Clark, she whispered back, I know you wouldn’t… I know you

And then Chloe saw her last remaining fear for what it was: if she showed Clark the true depth of her heart, of her love, and he didn’t feel the same way… how could she bear it? And would they be able to hide behind the guise of friendship any longer? But at last Chloe felt that it was a risk worth taking, and she wanted Clark to feel the truth, no matter what the cost was when the fog cleared later on…

So for the first time since they had kissed, Chloe opened her eyes, and Clark did the same. As he met her gaze through the hazy fog of shimmering energy, a surge of electricity passed between them. Clark suddenly saw Chloe in a whole new light. For the first time he could see all of her, inside and out, and no one had ever looked so beautiful to him before.

Chloe felt like Clark was drawing her soul out from behind the curtain of her own skin as his gaze raked hungrily over her body - eyes flashing with a fire that he could barely contain.

Clark knew he wasn’t thinking completely clearly but he didn’t care - because on some level he knew that he had never before thought more clearly. Suddenly he couldn’t wait another second and his whole body was shaking with anticipation. Chloe shared his impatience and she moved beneath him until there was no longer anything between them but a choice. And she realized that she had already made that choice long ago.

“Are you sure?” Clark managed to gasp between breathless kisses, and she knew he was worried about her, but she reassured him that there was nothing left to fear.

“Clark,” she whispered softly into his ear, “there is nothing I’ve ever wanted more. I… I love you.”

And suddenly the impenetrable door in her mind disintegrated on its own; her heart melting under Clark’s loving persistence. All her emotional defenses crumbled to dust and there were no more barriers, nothing left to protect her from the agony of her love for him. The rush of sensation and emotions were shocking and painful, and Chloe cried out - arching backwards. But almost instantly she felt free, as that last bit of darkness was stripped away from her, and now there was nothing separating them anymore.

Clark’s mind tumbled over a cliff and flew through what had once been a closed door in Chloe’s heart, falling into an ocean of fire – the fire of her love for him. He moved through her thoughts even as he pulled her to his chest – wrapping her up tightly in his iron embrace. They stayed locked together in this unbreakable bond - completely intertwined physically, mentally, and emotionally.

Clark could feel tears on his face but he wasn’t sure whose they were. Her skin was his skin, the pounding of her heart was synchronized with his, her breath came fast, in short little gasps - but he could feel the oxygen entering his lungs when she breathed.

Clark felt like he was being pulled underwater and he let go, drowning in the feel of her as she saturated his every nerve and thought. He swam in Chloe's soul for what felt like an eternity and an instant, all at the same time. Sinking down ever deeper, he drew closer and closer to the source of that fire he felt radiating from deep in her heart. He was so close he could almost see it now.

So without a second thought, Clark finally let go of all control and any sense of self, surrendering to the overpowering sensations that flooded his mind and body, loosing himself completely in her.

Chloe suddenly felt like Clark had punched a hole through the sky into heaven and pulled her through it. She was being dragged over the edge of a rushing waterfall, tumbling head over heels through a flood of sensations that she could not bear and she screamed from the combined ecstasy and agony, holding onto him for dear life.

Chloe’s cries sent Clark flying over the edge along with her, groaning loudly as he plunged into a pool of indescribable bliss as yet another wave of white light exploded out from them both. Clark heard himself cry out as he poured his very heart into Chloe’s soul, along with every ounce of darkness he had left. He felt heat rushing out of him in waves as fire exploded from his eyes – only to be absorbed by the shimmering canopy of energy around them, which filled the room with light one last time before it disappeared entirely.

Suddenly cool air filled Clark’s lungs, like the first breath a newborn takes. Oxygen flowed into him like light, and he sucked it in hungrily, panting for breath. His mind instantly cleared and Clark realized that he could no longer see Chloe's thoughts or her feelings. They were individuals again - the bond had dissolved.

He rolled off Chloe and onto his side, while still keeping one arm wrapped securely around her tiny waist. Chloe’s delicate ivory hand reached across and came to rest over Clark’s heart; she could still feel it beating like a marching band. She looked up into his face, and seeing his awestruck expression, managed a wistful happy smile in response - before a tidal wave of darkness engulfed her. She didn’t fight it, slipping into a gentle unconsciousness.

To continue scene in next section click here
          Last edited by Marfeic2011; 10-01-2009, 11:48 AM. Reason: ADDITION OF PG13 VERSION OF SECTION 3

Comment

Chapter I, section 3 part 2 (continued from other thread)

(Previously)

He rolled off Chloe and onto his side, while still keeping one arm wrapped securely around her tiny waist. Chloe’s delicate ivory hand reached across and came to rest over Clark’s heart; she could still feel it beating like a marching band. She looked up into his face, and seeing his awestruck expression, managed a wistful happy smile in response - before a tidal wave of darkness engulfed her. She didn’t fight it, slipping into a gentle unconsciousness.

For a split second Clark was concerned for Chloe because (although he didn’t understand exactly how) he knew what Chloe had done for him involved her healing ability; and that had ended terribly last time. But as he listened, her heart was beating slow and steady, and he could tell she was only fast asleep. With a sigh of relief, Clark leaned over and kissed her cheek, then pulled the white satin sheet up to her chin, and lay down on his side, resting his head on the pillow beside her.

Clark found that he couldn’t stop staring at her, she was mesmerizing… and he felt like he was truly seeing her for the first time. Chloe’s face was flushed, her cheeks pink and her forehead was still beaded with sweat. The sweat had made her tousled blonde hair curl in wispy gold ringlets around her face like a halo and he thought she looked just like an angel, his angel.

For an instant he was afraid of where they would go from here, but then he remembered her voice in his mind, and her promise that nothing would ever ruin their friendship, not even this. And he was relieved, because he had finally realized how much she really meant to him.

Normally he would have felt angry or violated at being influenced like that, like when Pete doped him with red-k. But to his own surprise, Clark was not upset that Chloe’s ability had caused him to lose control like that, or that it had contributed to how he opened up to her so completely. He was actually glad, and relieved – it felt like a million tons had been lifted off his shoulders. He was just sad that it took her becoming meteor infected for her to finally be able to share her true feelings with him, but he was happy that it had happened at last.

Clark could feel that the mind numbing pain and overwhelming agony over Lana that had threatened to cripple him was gone, replaced by a new sense of clarity. He could no longer deny he felt love for Chloe, even though it was very different from what he felt for Lana, and even though he had never been able to easily label it. But he didn’t want to try and label it anymore. Everything had happened so fast and he was hesitant to admit it took something like this to knock down his emotional/mental blocks. Even so, this new awareness of his feelings gave him hope for something which he could not yet put his finger on, hope for something special with Chloe.

Next time, Clark thought, next time will be different. He had been so caught up in the moment, lost in that haze created by her ability, that he had not been able to think clearly. But in a way he was glad because he knew himself well enough to admit that if he had been able to think clearly from the beginning, nothing would have happened at all, and he was so thankful that it did. Clark felt like a new man, reborn. Now all he wanted was to make her feel that way.

But that would have to wait until this newest threat was resolved. There was still rage in Clark’s heart – rage against Lex, rage against Lionel, and rage against the Phantom that had somehow taken his identity for its own. Clark was relieved that he still had his rage – he knew he would need it to defeat his new enemy. He draped an arm over Chloe as she slept, feeling very protective and possessive of her all of a sudden.

Clark impulsively leaned over Chloe once again, planting a gentle kiss on her forehead.

He was just so grateful that Chloe stuck around all these years and hadn’t given up on him despite his many rides around what Lois had often referred to as the “Clark and Lana Roller Coaster”.

Lana. Clark knew he should feel guilty about what had just happened, so soon after Lana’s death. But Clark realized that loosing Lana had taught him an invaluable lesson: that it doesn’t matter how many hours, days, or years we have with the people we love – all that matters is the moments that we share with them today. Clark realized that he had wasted so much time worrying about the future and agonizing over the past – that he had forgotten to really savor the present. He knew that on some level he would always love Lana, but he also determined not to waste another moment with Chloe.

There was no rosy shield of denial anymore – Clark knew that one day Chloe too would be gone, and he resolved to treasure every day and every second he got to spend with her. He felt like they were at the beginning of something important and that the whole time he had known Chloe he had been unknowingly waiting for this encounter – like it was and had always been his destiny, their destiny.

He just wished it hadn’t taken so long.

That’s okay, he thought with a smile, she sure was worth the wait.

And then the darkness of sleep finally overtook him.

To jump to section 4 click here
            Last edited by Marfeic2011; 09-04-2009, 03:28 PM.

Comment

I. Section 4

(Back in the Present)

Lex Luthor stood on the balcony of his mansion, looking out across the miles of pristine forests that were still draped with the early morning blanket of fog. He imagined the forest going on and on, faster and faster, and mile after mile, state after state, country after country flew by beneath him as he stood on that balcony – the world literally at his feet.

He smiled with satisfaction at the mornings events. He knew Clark could not have gotten far with that baby – even with Oliver Queen’s help. There was nowhere on earth Clark could hide from what was coming. And then, to get the call that Martha Kent dropped out of the race for the Senate seat this morning, well it was just icing on the cake.

She must have received my card, he thought smugly. He had arranged for it to be hand delivered to her DC flat this morning before dawn, right after he had heard the “good” news. It had read something like, “Congrats on becoming a grandmother, drop out of the race or I will reveal your son’s secret and the new addition to your family will become a lab rat…” of course he knew that she knew he would do it anyway, and unable to reach Clark, Martha was undoubtedly on a plane back to Smallville right now.

“Maybe I should meet her at the airport,” Lex joked out loud to himself with a dark chuckle as he turned around and retuned through the door to his study.

He flipped quickly through the report on his desk from his man at the hospital.

I suppose it’s possible Clark somehow overcame the effects of the blue meteor rock chip and regained his abilities, Lex thought to himself, judging by the nurse’s report that he took Chloe and vanished into thin air.

No matter… it’s too late for him to change anything now. He’ll be too distracted, and by the time he realizes what’s going on…

Lex smiled darkly, sitting down and intertwining his hands behind his head as he leaned back with a satisfied sigh, letting his mind wander back and forth from images of the pristine white house gardens to a powerless Clark Kent strapped to a lap table, and back again. It was all his for the taking and he knew that nothing could stop him now. But, just to be safe…

He picked up the phone and dialed the number automatically.

Many miles away in a Metropolis lab, a dark haired man with glasses picked up the corded telephone. He heard a familiar voice.

“Dr. Grohl, I want the project moved up to the testing stage, you are out of time. I want Prometheus ready immediately, and I don’t have time for any more of your excuses. Get it done or I will find someone else that can…”

Then there was only a dial tone. As he hung up the phone, Dr. Grohl turned to the red haired woman standing beside him.

“We are out of time,” he told her. “Lex has moved up the time-line. If we’re going to do this it has to be right now.”

To jump to chapter II click here
              Last edited by Marfeic2011; 08-31-2009, 12:00 PM.

Comment

I love it so much and it make me miss Lex, how can smallville without him. Well can't wait for more to know what Lex is up to and what ever happen to Chlarky.

Comment

Damn updates !
                  *grabs the popcorns and starts reading*

Edit : Ok, I just finished everything. Nice update, although I must admit it felt that Chlark *khm khm* scene was a tad too long...But I love the attention you brought to Martha, I hope we'll see more of her
                  Last edited by e-µ-i; 08-29-2009, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Amazing updates.
                    Section 3 part 1 was so beautifully written. The depth of emotion between Chloe and Clark was breathtaking.
                    Wonder what Martha is planning?
                    Lex totally sickens me.
                    Can't wait for more.

Comment

Fantastic! You are a very talented writer.

I liked it so much. Amazing mix up of Science-fiction and romance in the Chlark scene. I am impressed of how you used Chloe's power to heal Clark's heartbroken and it turns in love for her. And also how he could feel that she hidden from him all this time. A very emotive scene.

I hope you wrote more in the past timeline to know what happened after. How they handled it. Also I am glad that the present timeline progress...so we don't need to wait so much to know what Clark is doing with Chloe after she dies? I hope she can come back
                      Last edited by RedGigant; 08-31-2009, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by e-µ-i
                        Damn updates !
                        *grabs the popcorns and starts reading*

Edit : Ok, I just finished everything. Nice update, although I must admit it felt that Chlark *khm khm* scene was a tad too long...But I love the attention you brought to Martha, I hope we'll see more of her
                        he he - yeah i kinda did that on purpose - i didn't want it to feel - typical of that genre - in the sense of building to a climax etc. I wanted to focus more on what was going on inside the characters than outside - and i know it kinda put a wet blanket on the mojo but it had to be done because the whole reason for me is to get into their heads. I might go back and re-write it later because it did feel a little too long as i was writing it - but I can't bear to cut any of it. Suggestions? PM me if you have specific ideas how that scene might be improved. I am always in the market for more specific feedback - thanks - oh and thanks for the avi!!!

And thanks so much for reading - I'm glad you liked it
                        Last edited by Marfeic2011; 08-29-2009, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RedGigant
                          Fantastic! You are a very talented writer.

I hope you wrote more in the past timeline to know what happened after. How they handled it. Also I am glad that the present timeline progress...you need to wait so much to know what Clark is doing with Chloe after she dies? I hope she can come back
                          yeah - don't worry - this story is very different from my last one because it goes back and forth and back and forth alot between the present and the past - but it's an an easy to follow pattern. I promise that every major thing you wanna see will be shown and explained eventually - suspense is half the fun though right? but not too much suspense
                          Last edited by Marfeic2011; 08-29-2009, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the updates!! I should probably be getting back to my own fic..0.o... But I just love yours!! Keep the amazing writing up!!

Comment

Ch. II, section one

II.

(About two hours later - In the present)

Martha sat in the high-backed crimson chair, holding her grandson in awestruck rapture, while Oliver paced in the background. She had never seen a newborn baby with bright green eyes before – and they were so big – just staring at her with sleepy fascination. He was still wrapped in his blue swaddling blanket. The baby’s hand was wrapped tightly around Martha’s index finger, and in spite of everything, Martha couldn’t help smiling through the tears that filled her eyes.

He looks so much like Chloe, Martha thought to herself. Except he has Clark’s mouth…

Oliver was busy preparing for their escape, and so far everything had gone well. He kept glancing at the video monitors. There was no sign of Lex’s people yet, but that was not necessarily a good sign. He knew they couldn’t wait much longer.

“Do you think he’s already told Senator Michaels?” Martha asked, guessing what Oliver was thinking.

“If he hasn’t, I would be really surprised,” Oliver replied. “We need to get on that helicopter asap. The government task force could be on top of us any second... Clark’s not coming.”

He walked to the wooden paneled wall and pushed on it to reveal a hidden chamber. It was another of his Green Arrow control stations. He quickly began changing into his gear. His instincts told him that they were not going to just be able to waltz out of there.

“Do you have any idea where he would have gone?” Martha asked anxiously.

“Does it really matter? I saw the look in his eyes and trust me, we’re on our own for this one…” Oliver said with a heavy sigh.

Well, not completely on our own, he thought, watching the four blimps on his blackberry screen get closer and closer to their position. Finally… he breathed a sigh of relief.

“C’mon Martha, we have to go now.” Oliver reached out his hand toward her as yet another wooden panel slid away from the wall. He was now dressed as the Green arrow, cross-bow in hand.

Martha cradled the helpless infant against her chest as she rose reluctantly to join Oliver in the secret elevator. Just then she heard an alarm going off.

They’ve already breached my security?! Oliver thought with horrified surprise as the elevator door closed and they began to quickly rise to the roof.

Martha’s heart was pounding with fear for her little grandson. Her worst nightmare was coming true. She had known that the agency was closing in – she just hadn’t known that Lex had been working with them, or that he had known Clark’s secret for however many months. Everyone had been so preoccupied with keeping Chloe’s pregnancy a secret and keeping her safe – that no one had seen Lex’s game plan until it was too late.

And now Chloe might be dead, for good this time… Martha cried silently inside, tears welling up in her eyes. But she determined to be strong for her grandson. She tried not to wonder about what had happened to Clark and Chloe. Her only hope was that Clark’s powers had obviously returned unexpectedly, and this was more than she could have wished for under the circumstances.

As the elevator rose, Martha heard the spattering of gunshots coming from the roof above, and Oliver realized that his team had already arrived – and the fight had started without him.

“GET DOWN!” Oliver shouted to Martha, pointing his crossbow at the still closed elevator doors, crouching down in anticipation of them opening any moment. I won’t let you down Clark, Oliver whispered to himself as adrenaline surged through him.

Martha got down on her knees in the back corner and held the baby tight against her chest, covering him with her body as the doors opened and the battle for Clark's son began…

To jump to section two click here
                              Last edited by Marfeic2011; 08-31-2009, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Gah! Evil cliffy!!..... But it was a good update... Keep them coming!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎