Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arwen Spoiler Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the title for episode 2 meant as a reference to Gwen?

Comment

Originally posted by harryandginnyfanatic
      Is the title for episode 2 meant as a reference to Gwen?
      That seems to be it.

Comment

Originally posted by LovelyLoisLane
        Dustmite, we thought you were MIA! *hugs*
        *hugs*

I'm still around And so excited because it's Saturday and we all know what that means

Comment

Posted here for One Week Spoiler Rule.

I don’t know how I’ve managed to get this all up, because I’m completely dead from squee. *sigh*

There were enough scenes of them that Kheldara had to put them up in two sections. *sigh* Lovely.
          Also, out of respect for Kheldara please don’t ask her to put up the whole episode, doing so is a violation of copyright infringement.

The first lot of scenes about these two in the ep. Involves Arthur being a prat, Gwen ticking him off, dinner dates and them being so freaking cute.

KISS. OF LOVE AND STUFF. Also jousting heroics, giggliness, and epic slow mo end. THEY ARE SO EPIC TOGETHER, Y/N?

I’ll get my usual transcript and picspam up when I can. Right now I’m trying to catch my breath.

Wow!

Comment

So, that scene in the BTS of him walking past her in the cloisters and ignoring her angrily, was not in this episode.

Hmm, I'm thinking it is probably after Lancelot shows up then, and Arthur is feeling put out.

Comment

So, that scene in the BTS of him walking past her in the cloisters and ignoring her angrily, was not in this episode.

Hmm, I'm thinking it is probably after Lancelot shows up then, and Arthur is feeling put out.
              Yeah, that would be it. Oh, Arthur's jealous.

Comment

Quote:
                Originally Posted by LovelyLoisLane

Yeah, that would be it. Oh, Arthur's jealous.
                Possibly. I'm not sure. That scene of walking on horseback towards the castle looked "ending-ish" to me. OTOH, I could see the cold shoulder being the final (or near final) scene too. IDK. I'm pretty sure it has to be in the first 6 episodes because the filming was taking place in April for the BTS show. So, that leaves either:
                1) it's a deleted scene and Arthur was po'd about the knights taking it easy on him (and just being rude)
                2) it's a post-jealousy scene in the Lancelot episode
                3) it's a post-Lancelot episode and this scene is a fall-out of the Lancelot episode

I was thinking it's a deleted scene because of the "approaching Camelot on horseback at sunset" shot seemed more like the ending of the Lancelot episode. BUT, in the Once and Future Queen, it sure seemed like Merlin was right on his heels the whole time after Arthur was po'd.

So, I'm now inclined to go with "post-Lancelot" shot too (but not necessarily in that episode). They have usually stuck to each episode being standalone but with character arcs (Merlin growing powerful, Arthur de-pratting in fits and starts, Gwen becoming more important, Morgana becoming more magical). If they were to have a specific plot point from one episode go into the very next episode, that would be more serial than before.

I'm still bothered by blondie out there in an episode filmed in September. If Lancelot gets Arthur po'd, I think blondie puts a burr under Gwen's saddle. JMO, of course.

Comment

Hmm . . .

I don't know. The last-look-in-the-cloisters scene from 'Future Queen' looked like an ending scene too, but they had one more with Merlin.

So we could have the horseback scene and then a few more for episode four.

Who knows. I know I'd like to see cross episode storylines, and maybe since Arwen development is set to be a series long entity, there will be. Then again, maybe they'll only be in certain episodes.

One thing I'm sure of is that we are going to get some fallout from Lancelot being around, in the form of jealous Arthur. I have to admit that it will be fun to see.

I couldn't help thinking, when Arthur said to Gwen in 'Future Queen'

"Lance . . . pierced my armor"

That come episode four, Lance is going to pierce his heart. Am I evil? Possibly.

I don't know, this kind of angst, the good kind as opposed to manufactured angst, I find myself liking it.

I think Bradley was being deliberately vague when he said in interviews that the biggest Arwen development would be that Arthur notices Gwen this series/season. He did a bit more than notice this past episode.

So I'm thinking that ending scene was meant to say that they both know their place, and neither thinks anything will come it. Even Gwen's words of things being different when Arthur was king seemed heavy with sadness. So I feel like it will be a long wait of denial, until incidents like with Lancelot happen and what is buried underneath comes up to the surface.

Comment

Hmm . . .

I couldn't help thinking, when Arthur said to Gwen in 'Future Queen'

"Lance . . . pierced my armor"

That come episode four, Lance is going to pierce his heart. Am I evil? Possibly.
                    When did that happen?? sorry....I might need to watch the entire episode yet again...!!! When did Gwen talk about Lancelot in "Future Queen"??? Oh..please tell soon..

Comment

Originally posted by svfan50
                      When did that happen?? sorry....I might need to watch the entire episode yet again...!!! When did Gwen talk about Lancelot in "Future Queen"??? Oh..please tell soon..
                      LOl, No the poster was saying Prince Arthur was talking about when he was jousting that the thing had pierced his armor when he got hurt, he called it a "lance", so the poster was just saying that ironically Lancelot would be piercing his heart in the upcoming episode, Lance=Lancelot, you get it? Gwen never mentioned Lancelot.

Hope I didn't confuse you with my explanation.

Comment

lol I'm gonna think of Lancalot now when i rewatch that scene :P

Comment

Originally posted by Peacegal
                          LOl, No the poster was saying Prince Arthur was talking about when he was jousting that the thing had pierced his armor when he got hurt, he called it a "lance", so the poster was just saying that ironically Lancelot would be piercing his heart in the upcoming episode, Lance=Lancelot, you get it? Gwen never mentioned Lancelot.

Hope I didn't confuse you with my explanation.
                          Yes that was it exactly. Thank you for explaining my odd post to others.

Lancelot is often called 'Lance' for short, in the fandom.

Comment

Yes that was it exactly. Thank you for explaining my odd post to others.

Lancelot is often called 'Lance' for short, in the fandom.
                            Ur welcome

Comment

I wonder if there is any Arwen in 2.03?

Comment

Maybe a gaze or two, but it is mostly Morgana/Mordred with a lot of Merlin, and likely Arthur too as I've seen him in trailers. I think after the huge amount of Arwen and by proxy Gwen, that we got in "Once and Future Queen" that it is only fair Morgana gets her time to shine. So I'm okay with that. Plus I'm keen for dark!Morgana and I love Mordrana (Mordred and Morgana) so I'm pysched about it anyway.

Then of course episode four . . . Lancelot returns! And with him some lovely Arwen and Glance both.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎