Veronica Mars Movie not picked up...:(

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veronica Mars Movie not picked up...:(

Ausiello Files, July 1:

Question: Your lack of reporting on the Veronica Mars movie has me feeling like it's DOA. Any news on it? -- Andrew
    Ausiello: Yep, but it ain't good. At last weekend's Saturn Awards, Kristen Bell told us, "I don't think it will ever happen, and here's why: [Series creator] Rob Thomas and I had a powwow, and we were both 100 percent on board. We took our proposal to Warner Bros. and Joel Silver told us that there is no enthusiasm [there] to make a Veronica Mars movie, and that is unfortunately a roadblock we cannot compete with." But -- like the rest of us, I suspect -- she isn't giving up hope. "Maybe if we bombard them with letters?" she suggests. "Maybe [then] they will change their tune." What are you waiting for, a written invitation from Veronica Mars herself? Start bombarding Warner Bros. with letters!
    Last edited by Clana_4ever2005; 07-07-2009, 09:21 PM.

Remember fan campaigns are not an allowed topic around here...

I think it's all pretty pointless, honestly. There's no financial feasability in a VM feature. Also, Rob Thomas seems like he's been out of good ideas ever since Season 1, so I doubt it would be any good anyway.

Comment

I'm so mad and disappointed that it's not going to be a Veronica Mars Movie. I've been so hopeful and looked forward to see a good ending to the whole show. In my opinion the show ended without giving any explanations and it really drives me nuts not knowing. =/
      Last edited by Señorita Gómez; 08-18-2009, 10:49 AM.

Comment

I know....Her in the FBI had such promise

Comment

Originally posted by bonoferox
          I know....Her in the FBI had such promise
          I disagree. I thought the Veronica Mars FBI presentation was terrible. It had none of the supporting characters I liked, followed the whole "rape/sexual assault is oh so wacky" garbage they had during Season 3... I'm glad it didn't go anywhere.

Then again in retrospect I only really loved Season 1. Season 2 is a lot better watching a second time and knowing how it ends. But Season 3 - with the exceptions of a few episodes - was a hot mess.

Comment

For years I've heard all about Veronica Mars, but never got into it. I've been thinking about buying the DVD's. Is it worth it?

Comment

Originally posted by KryptonSite
              I disagree. I thought the Veronica Mars FBI presentation was terrible. It had none of the supporting characters I liked, followed the whole "rape/sexual assault is oh so wacky" garbage they had during Season 3... I'm glad it didn't go anywhere.

Then again in retrospect I only really loved Season 1. Season 2 is a lot better watching a second time and knowing how it ends. But Season 3 - with the exceptions of a few episodes - was a hot mess.

I am a firm believer that the fbi promo's helped kill veronica mars if it would have stayed veronica mars and they just pitched a fourth season of that it may have had a change of being picked up though a very small change at that but better then it got with them trying to turn it into an fbi show without any of the other characters we liked.

Comment

I saw season 3 as a major disappointement compared to the first and second, but I still liked it okay. They should have stuck with a season long-story arc opposed to the three separate arcs.
                For that reason, I liked the new direction with the FBI and wanted to see her in that kind of environment since they were going for a more adult audience. Granted I would like to have just seen her in college for another season or two so they could get back to what made the show what it was when it started out, but over time her FBI days would have been awesome to see.

And yes, Hugo, season 1 and 2 are definitely worth it

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Right now s3 of Veronica Mars is up at thewb.com. Next Monday they will take down s3 and put up s1.

Comment

Originally posted by krpto
                      I am a firm believer that the fbi promo's helped kill veronica mars if it would have stayed veronica mars and they just pitched a fourth season of that it may have had a change of being picked up though a very small change at that but better then it got with them trying to turn it into an fbi show without any of the other characters we liked.
                      I think the producers of the show were told it was cancelled before they came up with the FBI scenario. The concept was already running out of steam in the third season and really needed a different direction.

Anyone know what was pitched for the movie? Just curious where they were planning to go.

Comment

Originally posted by kernel_thai
                        I think the producers of the show were told it was cancelled before they came up with the FBI scenario. The concept was already running out of steam in the third season and really needed a different direction.

Anyone know what was pitched for the movie? Just curious where they were planning to go.
                        from reports that were circulating the story would not have been an FBI movie but rather would have taken place in Veronica's next year of college nothing further was announced that I am aware of

Comment

i heard that it was going to take place during veronica's last year of college

Comment

The FBI pitch made VM look like a different show. The entire cast was changed and she was now an FBI employee. Although it looked nice-ish the show was no longer VM.
                            It's been 3 years since the show has been canceled and I am now convinced a movie will never happen

Comment

I read the news and got very excited, I'll be disappointed if this movie never gets made.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎