No announcement yet.

Season 8 Top Ten

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season 8 Top Ten

Oh my goodness, I never posted this? Silly me... Maybe I'd talked about it in another thread or something and forgot that I'd mentioned my Top Ten there, but I thought we might want to have an official Top Ten thread for Season 8, a very controversial and interesting season, to be sure. Add as many comments and details as you want to go with your choices, or just list 'em. Surely there are 10 episodes worth picking, right...?

1 - Bride - I LOVE this episode! It's ten times better than the actual season finale. Chloe as the hottest bride ever, the threat of Doomsday showing up at the wedding, lovely Clois moments (and I'm a Chlarker!), Lana's back (I liked it!), and loads more awesome stuff, with one of the coolest cliffhangers!
    2 - Identity - Jimmy knows the secret! Or does he? This episode kept me guessing and felt really iconic, as Clark finally realizes it might be a good idea to get a secret identity. Red Blue Blur, do your thing!
    3 - Odyssey - This was a more powerful season finale than I think other people take it for. It had a lot to live up to after the show lost Lana, Lex, Lionel, and Kara all in one season, and I think the new producers did the best they could with what they had. It was great to see A.C. and Dinah again, helping in the search for Clark, and Ollie being his heroic best. Plus, an awesome reunion between Chloe and Clark, and lots of cool moments and banter from Lois. Plus, I liked the intro of Tess Mercer to the Smallville mythos.
    4 - Abyss - It's a Chloe-centric episode at its best! Where else can you see flashes of all the best Chlarky kisses in one episode? I loved that they showed what exactly happened during Clark's and Chloe's first meeting, which he had referred to in "Obscura." Beautifully well-done episode in spite of the fact that Clark stupidly decided to take away Chloe's memories of his heroism in spite of the fact that she'd just told him she'd never trade knowing his secret for the world.
    5 - Legion - A great second parter to Bride, featuring some of the coolest futuristic super-heroes ever! I loved this on-screen version of the Legion, and I'd love to see them return with a bolstered roster. Plus, Chloeiac was evil but still HOT!
    6 - Infamous - Wow, this episode had more twists and turns than a Six Flags roller coaster! Clark reveals his secret to the world! Davis is going nutso and is chasing Chloe! Lois pens the article of Clark's alien origins! Linda Lake's back! But wait -- the Legion Ring? Whaaa?! LOL, it was a very fun episode to see, indeed.
    7 - Stiletto - "Now, I have to get back to my cave!" Comedic awesomeness here, folks! Plus, good Clark/Lois/Jimmy interactions that hearken back to the Superman mythos in the best ways. It shows Lois is flawed and human, but makes me love her as a character even more.
    8 - Hex - This had so many defining moments for a number of characters on the show. Chloe, Clark, Lois, and Oliver all had a chance to shine here and show why they're still making this show tick. Chloe's new role as Watchtower is much better than what she was relegated to at the Isis Foundation. Erica Durance rocked the house using Chloe's mannerisms and style of speech. AND, Zatanna was very cool!
    9 - Bulletproof - In spite of the lame-o Clana kiss at the end which dissolved a half-season's worth of positive growth for Clark -- "Maybe the world doesn't have to come first?!" Really, Clark? Dumb, dumb, DUMB! Er, but as I was saying, I loved everything ELSE about this episode, including the introduction of Dan Turpin, the OTHER Clana moments (before they went back on the romantic roller coaster), and poor Martian Manhunter! I hope he gets his powers back, soon.
    10 - Bloodline - Lots of amazing iconic moments here, between Clark and Lois stuck in the Phantom Zone, Kara coming back and on the look-out for Kandor, Davis learning of his immortality, Faora possessing Lois, and Chloeiac using her powers to save Clois from the P.Z.!

Y'know, this episode had some major clunkers toward the end of the season, but it also had some of my favorite episodes of the season, proving that Smallville has some great moments left still to come. I haven't given up hope for a good Season 9, yet!

--SGuthrie ><>' --

Prey - I loved the dark episodes this season and this was the best. I loved Clark in this episode and having John Jones in an episode is always a big plus for me, and the slow reveal that Davis was the killer was awesome.
    Odyssey - The season premiere! SV has always been outstanding when it comes to season premieres, this episode started out awesome with the new gal Tess in the Arctic and the JLA searching for Clark, while he was held up in a russian workcamp. GA shooting Clark and Martian Manhunter saving him is one of my favorite scenes from the whole season.
    Eternal - Retcon, that's what many people say when I mention this episode but I don't think it's that much retcon and if you ignore that you will see what an amazing episode this is. Brilliantly written and beautifully shot, loved the flashbacks.
    Abyss - My favorite Chloe centeric episode, I really like the Braniac taking over Chloe arc and the way he removed her memories was awesome and looked really cool with awesome special effects. And the scene where Clark brought Chloe to the Fos was great.
    Identity - Jimmy getting a photo of the Red-Blue Blur! Loved everything about this episode.
    Turbulence - Another dark episode, loved how Jimmy was trying to prove to everyone the truth about Davis, and though many people were hoping for Clark to fly I really enjoyed the Clark/Tess scenes in the plane.
    Bloodline - Clark & Lois trapped in the phantom zone! The return of Kara Kent. And Lois being posessed by Zod's wife Faora, really cool episode.
    Injustice - Directed by Tom Welling, and he did a wonderful job! Loved the feeling of this episode and Chloe wasn't really Chloe was great. I really liked the Injustice League members and the conflict between Clark and Oliver was great. Loved the last scene with Clark and Tess.
    Doomsday - I am one of the few who actually liked this episode. What I really liked about this episode was that they managed to create a really cool feeling with it. But.. Jimmy being really Henry was horrible! I was not a fan of Jimmy but I liked the character and to find out that all this time we haven't really been looking at the iconic Jimmy Olsen it was really his older brother. Stupid. That ruined the finale for me, but still overall a very good episode.
    Toxic - The origins of Green Arrow, really cool!
    Last edited by Krypto_marcus; 07-01-2009, 10:53 AM.

Comment

1. Stilleto
      2. Committed
      3. Bride
      4. Hex
      5. Infamous
      6. Bloodline
      7. Injustice
      8. Identity
      9. Legion
      10. Odyssey

Comment

1.Identity - Very Superman-esqe
        2.Turbulence - I seem to be the only one that loves this episode, but the Cless stuff is pure gold, IMO
        3.Hex - Zatanna was awesome, and I loved the humor
        4.Instinct - Maxima was also awesome, and my shallow side really appreciated the sexy! And Lois freaking out on Clark always cracks me up.
        5.Committed - Good mix of humor and drama, and one of the best looking eps of the season.
        6.Bloodline - The return of Kara, finally. ED does a great turn as Faora. Clark and Kara scenes always make me go AWWWWW!
        7.Odyssey - Too rushed, but lots of decent stuff in the premiere, and the JLA was used to decent effect, not made to look like tools.
        8. Legion - Loved Rokk and Garth, and aside from the Lana pimping, this is a good episode
        9. Bride - Beautifully filmed, with the cast looking spectacular. Doomsday attacking the wedding is the most menancing thing he did. Loved the montage.
        10.Plastique - The guest star is cringeworthy, but I liked Clark getting established at the DP, and the first meeting of Cless.

Comment

Arrgg my post was erased by my browser :@ So I'm gonna put my top ten without my opinion :@
          Bride
          Legion
          Committed
          Hex
          Identity
          Bloodline
          Abyss
          Beast
          Requiem
          Stiletto

Comment

Infamous
            Hex
            Committed
            Eternal
            Bride
            Stiletto
            Doomsday (Marcus, you are not alone lol)
            Instinct
            Legion (Clark reached its peak : stellar, magic, divine !)
            Toxic

Comment

Identity
              Hex
              Legion
              Bloodline
              Prey
              Bride
              Committed
              Odyssey
              Infamous
              Turbulence

Comment

I posted a more detailed version of this on LiveJournal a while back but here goes...

1. Identity - gets the nod as best episode of the year because everything worked for me. So many great moments, but the one that sticks in my head is Clark sorting his laundry (practically all red and blue) when Jimmy arrives with his theory that the Red Blue Blur comes from Smallville. Comedy gold!

2. Hex - so much fun! Again, lots of great scenes, but the one that sticks out is on the roof where reporter!Clark refuses to believe he has powers.

3. Abyss - I really liked this episode, despite the much maligned mind wipe (or more accurately, the failure to allow one AI to fully reverse the damage caused by another AI). Favorite line: "The best way I know to protect you is to let you go." It is a shame Chlark never talked about this issue, because if Clark had explained that he was gravely concerned that Chloe was losing sight of her own needs by focussing so completely on him, a lot of grief at the end of the season might have been prevented.

4. Bride - That's my idea of a wedding to remember! Proving the less is more theory, Doomsday looks much more impressive in the brief glimpses we get here than in the season finale.

5. Stiletto - Another episode I loved despite the more than slightly dubious ethics displayed by Lois in writing herself up as a superhero. But as far as errors of judgement go, this was chump change and Lois definitely learned from her mistake.

6. Turbulence - This episode is Clark light, but every second on screen counts! Highlights for me are the cat and mouse Cless scenes.

7. Infamous - OK, I'll grant a lot of the dialogue is heavy handed and Clark's journey from superhero to public enemy number one takes place too fast for realism. I still loved it!

8. Odyssey - Despite making the top 10, IMO this was the weakest season opener ever - perhaps not surprising given where S7 left off and the absence of MR. There were lots of irritating jumps in the story but I've learned to ignore such details. Interesting that Ollie started the season by shooting Clark through the heart and ended the season by shooting him in the back.

9. Injustice - If you were expecting a whiz bang Injustice League battle, this was bound to dissapoint. I didn't, and I wasn't. Instead, this is my favorite of all the Doomsday arc stories mainly because Clark is giving the opportunity to speak his mind. “Like it or not we stand for something, we set an example for others to follow and if we don’t then we’re not better than the people we fight!” Not to mention the "alien Jesus" line to Tess!

10 Legion - Loved the Legion, hated the Lana worship by Imra.

Comment

Since I didn´t watch most of the episodes, I choose....

Prey
                  Legion
                  Eternal
                  Beast

Comment

1. Legion
                    2. Identity
                    3. Prey
                    4. Committed
                    5. Infamous
                    6. Turbulence
                    7. Bride
                    8. Hex
                    9. Beast
                    10. Eternal

Comment

To me, Beast was one of the worst epi this season (I let you guess the others LOL)

Comment

1. Legion < effects, story, new characters, tension
                        2. Bloodline < amazing beginning, story, Faora, Kara
                        3. Abyss < Jimmy(vs)Clark, interesting point of view on Chloe's life
                        4. Committed
                        5. Injustice
                        6. Odyssey
                        7. Instinct
                        8. Identity
                        9. Infamous
                        10. Beast

Comment

1. Beast - This episode had it all. Action, adventure and suspense. The plot was very well done and I applaud who wrote and directed it.

2. Legion - Lana was back and the Legion appeared. Oh, and just the fact Geoff Johns wrote it made it even more superb.

3. Bride - In my opinion, this goes down as one of the best episodes of the series. The near-Clois kiss and Doomsday made it spectacular.

4. Infamous - Even though the ending was predictable, the episode itself was great.

5. Requiem - Even though I am in the minority here, I thought this episode was great. The ending to Clana wasn't great, but it definitely left you wondering.

6. Hex "Hello? 911?" One of the funniest episodes of the series

7. Turbulence - I hated it the first time I watched it, but I actually came to really enjoy it. It was a season-turn-around-type-episode.

8. Power - Very few people enjoyed it, but something about it really appealed to me. It was quite interesting watching what happened to Lana after Arctic.

9. Committed - The 'Saw' feel of the episode actually turned out good. I loved the scene when Lois admitted she loved Clark and the elevator scene. Iconic.

10. Eternal - Smallville did a great job this season with giving certain characters' past-lives a story. It was an emotional episode, but it turned out great.

Comment

legion
                            identity
                            hex
                            bride
                            requiem
                            committed
                            bloodline
                            power
                            prey
                            abyss

Comment