Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inconsistencies with previous movies (Spoiler Alert!)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inconsistencies with previous movies (Spoiler Alert!)

After watching Salvation, I had a couple of gripes with the logic and the issues with the time line. Granted that each incursion to the past produces a new possible future, but after the events of T3, Cyberdyne does not exist and was absorbed by the U.S. military. Why does Serena Korgen have forms belonging to Cyberdyne research?

When Marcus is inside the Skynet complex, and the AI addresses him in the form of Serena, it states that he has managed what no other infiltrator has managed to do: kill John Connor. Isn't that a bit arrogant and premature, considering that Connor only entered the complex? If Marcus is such an advanced model, why continue with the T-800 series and other models? Why not create a whole army of Marcus type terminators to infiltrate the Resistance? How is it that Skynet has future knowledge of itself? Is Skynet of the future using the time displacement equipment to send knowledge of the future to itself? Also, I never understood why the designs have to change from one movie to another. I still think the aerial HK's looked modern and awesome from the 1984 film, and still looked good in T2, why did T3 and Salvation have to change the design? Even the T-1 changed its look from T3!

I did enjoy the way they tried to make it a direct sequel to the first movie by using the "modified" tapes that Sarah left for John. Their use by John in the future made them all the more relevant. The mission that John was on to save Kyle was also an interesting twist that made the line by Kyle in 1984 all the more relevant: "I'd die for John Connor."

Marcus is human. His brain was transplanted from his original body to that of the terminator he became. His brain and the chip work with eachother. This is why he is unique and why there is not an assembly line of Marcus Wrights. Also it was experimental technology. So Skynet wasnt even sure it would work. But you are right that Skynet did declare John dead a little too prematurely.

Comment

Originally posted by MethosII
      Marcus is human. His brain was transplanted from his original body to that of the terminator he became. His brain and the chip work with eachother. This is why he is unique and why there is not an assembly line of Marcus Wrights. Also it was experimental technology. So Skynet wasnt even sure it would work. But you are right that Skynet did declare John dead a little too prematurely.
      I don't think his brain was transplanted. I think cybernetic technology was added to his existing body.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroesUnlimited
        I don't think his brain was transplanted. I think cybernetic technology was added to his existing body.
        That's what I thought too, since having a Terminator with a heart is too much of a weakness, so no way it would've been placed there deliberately.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by MethosII
        I have a feeling that's "chips", plural, since he yanked something out the back of his head during his confrontation with Skynet and I just assumed it was a chip.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Unimatrix_0
        After watching Salvation, I had a couple of gripes with the logic and the issues with the time line. Granted that each incursion to the past produces a new possible future, but after the events of T3, Cyberdyne does not exist and was absorbed by the U.S. military. Why does Serena Korgen have forms belonging to Cyberdyne research?
        I'm not an expert on the way companies work or anything, but I'm pretty sure that just because a company is bought out by another doesn't necessarily lead to it losing its name.
        Last edited by Syn; 06-15-2009, 01:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

The OP makes some interesting points, most of which were questions was asking myself while leaving the theater. Here are my theories:
          - It may have been arrogant to assume John was dead already, but it wasn't entirely inacturate. If Marcus hadn't come to John's aid, there's no way he would have made it out of there. As it was, he was critically wounded.
          - I believe Marcus was a sort of experiment. I think the reason skynet didn't create more like Marcus Wright was that there was a small possibility of rebellion. As it turned out, they were right to be worried.
          - The updates in the Terminator designs didn't bother me at all. It'd be kind-of boring if we were seeing the same machines over and over again.

What bothered me more than anything else about the movie was this: How did Skynet know about Kyle. No one but John and Kate knew about him, so how did they find out?

Comment

Originally posted by Drake0525
            What bothered me more than anything else about the movie was this: How did Skynet know about Kyle. No one but John and Kate knew about him, so how did they find out?
            It may have have something to do with the Terminator in T1. Maybe when they reverse-engineered him, they unknowingly took the "memories" of the Terminator as well, causing every subsequent machine design to know about what happens in the future. This would also explain how Skynet became self-aware in T3.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroesUnlimited
              Sounds a lot like Metallo without Kryptonite.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake0525

Exactly! This was probably my BIGGEST "HuH!?" moment in the movie.

John kept throwing around that kyle was his dad. Thats a no no. Skynet shouldn't know kyle's face.

Like I said before. Some things McG got right and some he didn't. I'm pretty sure when I buy the DVD i'll disect the whole thing scene for scene. I enjoyed the movie alot but If I was given the oportunity to make a Terminator movie, It would be down to a T with details in story telling and character development. We as fans right now for many months now SHOULD NOT BE ASKING OURSELFS these questions. We should've been able to catch the movie and walked out with little to NO questions or "huh?" moments. Thats my opinion. McG got some things jumbled and WRONG! But the look and visual of the movie was spot on!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnold
                  Exactly! This was probably my BIGGEST "HuH!?" moment in the movie.

John kept throwing around that kyle was his dad. Thats a no no. Skynet shouldn't know kyle's face.

Like I said before. Some things McG got right and some he didn't. I'm pretty sure when I buy the DVD i'll disect the whole thing scene for scene. I enjoyed the movie alot but If I was given the oportunity to make a Terminator movie, It would be down to a T with details in story telling and character development. We as fans right now for many months now SHOULD NOT BE ASKING OURSELFS these questions. We should've been able to catch the movie and walked out with little to NO questions or "huh?" moments. Thats my opinion. McG got some things jumbled and WRONG! But the look and visual of the movie was spot on!
                  Sarah was telling everyone who would listen in T2 who the Father of her son was.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎