No announcement yet.

Salvation books

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salvation books

I just want to let everyone know that the novelization of Salvation by Alan Dean Foster is awful. I bought it because I thought the prequel novel From the Ashes by Timothy Zahn was really awesome, but the two books are nothing alike.

I am only on chapter 4 and it seems like Foster really had no understanding of what was happening in the movie, he seems to drift back and forth between writing scenes exactly as they are in the movie and writing scenes his own way regardless of how the two mesh together.

Examples:
    Kyle points a handgun at Marcus and has it taken away, yet Marcus still shows Kyle how to keep from losing a shotgun that seems to appear out of nowhere.

Kyle tells Marcus that there were cars at Griffith Observatory last time he was there, and that they will go the next day, yet in the next scene it would seem that Kyle lives at Griffith Observatory, at least his food, radio, and shotgun are there.

Kyle only tells Marcus that he is wearing a Resistance uniform, yet later Marcus knows that it is only the band around his arm that signifies being in the resistance.

I sort of knew that the movie novelization would not be a sequel to the prequel, but I had hoped that it would still be equally as well written, and that just isn't the case.

No one is reading this, but I finally trudged through Salvation and holy damn was it horrible. It is good in that it sheds a little light on some things that were unclear in the movie, for example it gives a hint at why Skynet didn't immediately kill Kyle, seems like the uncertainty on that may have been caused by the last minute PG-13 edit.

If you guys liked McG's original ending you're gonna love Foster's[heavy sarcasm].

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎