Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terminator Salvation Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still havent seen it and doubt I ever will.

I know some people love it and some hate it, but I just see it as a huge blunder. WB had a hugely successful franchise. They had a tv show and a blockbuster movie coming. How they could have made the decision not to tie these two together bogles my mind. Im not saying they needed Thomas Dekker to play John Connor. Obviously Christian Bale was a no brainer. But a simple flash back sequence with Lena Headey as Sarah or a glimpse of Cameron coming off the production line at the end. It would have been very easy to give BAG a cameo as Derek. Any sort of effort would have helped both the show and the movie. Epic fail.

Comment

You need to see the movie. There were some things that McG got totally right IMO. Some he got wrong.

Salvation wasn't bad. It wasn't T1-T2 perfection but it actually was pretty damn good. Like I said, McG got some things right. I thought it was great! Especially the sound of the terminators, ABSOLUTELY scary.

Thai, Checkout this little youtube vid clip of the movie. It'll give you an idea. Ofcourse IF you haven't seen this already. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bOFoxMp64w

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
        I just seen the movie and I hope Marcus will be back for the next installment. It was just more about him getting a second chance, IMHO. Even the overall focus was on Marcus... it started with him and it ended with him making that sacrific. Don't get me wrong it was about John trying to save Kyle and the rest of the captured humans; but Marcus was the key to the rescue.

I won't mind if they'd continue with Marcus as the focus (if still alive)... they've brought Arnie back some many times, why not him. I mean really, even in the last 3 movies and the series the terminator was the real star. I want to see some more kickass, badass Terminators for the next installment and them deal with time traveling in some way...maybe the part where they send Kyle back to save Sarah.
        Things were originally going to be different; at the end of the film, John was going to die, and his skin was going to be grafted onto Marcus, who would then become John Connor.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnold
          Thai, Checkout this little youtube vid clip of the movie. It'll give you an idea. Ofcourse IF you haven't seen this already. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bOFoxMp64w
          *claps hands*

That was great. "I wanna feel the heat." Mmmm yes.

Part of me thought, when I originally saw the film, that John Connor would give Kyle his jacket and send him to infiltrate some time travel equipment. I kind of wished it was only one film rather than a trilogy.

Comment

Originally posted by Syn
            Things were originally going to be different; at the end of the film, John was going to die, and his skin was going to be grafted onto Marcus, who would then become John Connor.
            Yeah, I read about that idea months before the release. Who knows maybe they'll put it on the dvd as an alternative ending.

Comment

That was originally supposed to be the ending but it got leaked all over the net and everyone knew how it was going to end. McG decided to change it.

Thats not all. Not only does John wake up in his skin but marcuses metal frame, when he wakes up, he looks at everyone, pauses, and pulls a gun and kills everyone in the room.

Some actually liked the idea and some to MOST, didn't. McG was daring to make such an ending but he was right to change it.

I hope that cut alternate ending is in the DVD as an extra. McG said there is going to be 30 to 40 minutes of deleted scenes but I recently found out that there might be JUST about 3 to 4 MINUTES instead.....weak! I'm still gonna buy the movie.

I'm not too thrilled about McG's next movie ideas. It doesn't sound like it takes place in the future like T4. Sucks...
              Last edited by Johnold; 10-09-2009, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎