Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes and good thing too!

Comment

Yes he's dead but shouldn't be !
      Is the answer to that. The writers need to address all that this season.

Bloodline = Davis impaled ,So now he's immune (Faora- That which kills you makes you stronger & You were created on krypton)

Eternal = Davis blown up ,Should now be immune.

Beast = We find out that Oliver buried Doomsday at the end of eternal for Clark ,So burial/ suffocation shouldn't hurt anymore.

Doomsday = Impaling Davis or Blowing up & burying Doomsday = death ? NO and hopefully Doomsday returns.

Finally ..."the split" Davis WASN'T human.
      However i'll accept they split his body between the two forms of existence/traits All good All bad.
      Because black K splits personalities & Doomsday is a unique lifeform, I think while Doomsday was free Davis blacked out & Davis only recovered after Doomsday began to pass/tire out underground.
      Maybe it was possible to kill Davis because Doomsday had gone into a hibernation state as he was unable to free himself..(at the moment) If Doomsday shut down maybe Davis' body did too so he wouldn't regenerate.
      Almost as if the two beings could only have one waking state as they were created to have.
      So if the body of Davis is now gone Doomsday should be ALL Doomsday stronger than before after a long sleep.
      As Chloe/Brainiac intended.

Its a little exagerated as an explanation but more than we're likely to get

I too hoped Davis would be Zod

Comment

If Davis Bloom was considered immortal, one question how can he(it) be dead?!

Comment

Originally posted by donnarose
          If Davis Bloom was considered immortal, one question how can he(it) be dead?!
          Davis was only considered immortal before the split.
          As my previous post says One (Davis/Doom) only ever appeared awake when the other slept.
          So if the consciousness of Doomsday (the dominent one) went into deep hibernation before Davis was impaled then perhaps Davis wasn't dead as such But just couldn't regenarate & recover so the body tissue would begin to die.

think of it like this...Davis while separated from Doomsday in Body or mind is like Clark on blue kryptonite.
          powerless & mortal .
          As i say this is my explanation & it clears more questions for me to think of it that way.
          If not then they totally messed the whole Davis /Doomsday story up. .

Comment

Gave me a chuckle!!

Comment

Originally posted by donnarose
              Gave me a chuckle!!
              So did the episode

Comment

Originally posted by samanthalyn720
                Is Davis really dead?
                yep

Comment

Originally posted by montage
                  Yes he's dead but shouldn't be !
                  Is the answer to that. The writers need to address all that this season.

Bloodline = Davis impaled ,So now he's immune (Faora- That which kills you makes you stronger & You were created on krypton)

Eternal = Davis blown up ,Should now be immune.

Beast = We find out that Oliver buried Doomsday at the end of eternal for Clark ,So burial/ suffocation shouldn't hurt anymore.

Doomsday = Impaling Davis or Blowing up & burying Doomsday = death ? NO and hopefully Doomsday returns.

Finally ..."the split" Davis WASN'T human.
                  However i'll accept they split his body between the two forms of existence/traits All good All bad.
                  Because black K splits personalities & Doomsday is a unique lifeform, I think while Doomsday was free Davis blacked out & Davis only recovered after Doomsday began to pass/tire out underground.
                  Maybe it was possible to kill Davis because Doomsday had gone into a hibernation state as he was unable to free himself..(at the moment) If Doomsday shut down maybe Davis' body did too so he wouldn't regenerate.
                  Almost as if the two beings could only have one waking state as they were created to have.
                  So if the body of Davis is now gone Doomsday should be ALL Doomsday stronger than before after a long sleep.
                  As Chloe/Brainiac intended.

Its a little exagerated as an explanation but more than we're likely to get

I too hoped Davis would be Zod
                  Originally posted by montage
                  Davis was only considered immortal before the split.
                  As my previous post says One (Davis/Doom) only ever appeared awake when the other slept.
                  So if the consciousness of Doomsday (the dominent one) went into deep hibernation before Davis was impaled then perhaps Davis wasn't dead as such But just couldn't regenarate & recover so the body tissue would begin to die.

think of it like this...Davis while separated from Doomsday in Body or mind is like Clark on blue kryptonite.
                  powerless & mortal .
                  As i say this is my explanation & it clears more questions for me to think of it that way.
                  If not then they totally messed the whole Davis /Doomsday story up. .
                  Excellent posts!!! You raise valid questions and offer plausible explanations.

Davis was not human; he was Kryptonian. As xrayvision stated earlier, no human body could have withstood those Doomsday transformations.

I am partial to the probability that the black K split the personalities and that “good Davis” or Doomy’s conscience/soul/better nature is still trapped underground with the programmed killing creature.

Nomad09 also posted an interesting theory (on another thread) that the black K could have been an impure form created in the Luthorcorps labs, with red, green and silver K wreaking havoc during the split.

Now do I think the show runners will ever address these issues?….I’m not holding my breath! Should they? Damn straight!

Comment

Davis is dead but Doomday is alive and buried underground.
                    Lining up with the mythos.

Comment

Hes dead but doomsday is not

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍