No announcement yet.

Couldn't Ruby have killed Lilith?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couldn't Ruby have killed Lilith?

One thing that's bothering me is: Why was it so important for Sam to be the one that kills Lilith? Couldn't Ruby have just used the knife? I know that Dean had it, but couldn't there have been another way? I don't know, am I missing something here?

Maybe it'll be explained next season, but they never really did say exactly why it had to be Sam - or the "special child" - instead of just some other person/demon/angel.

Comment

i think it had to be sam since he was special plus ruby wasnt exactly powerful and she was the joke ofthe demon world so lilith wouldnt want to die by the hand of someone they spit on.

Comment

well, i don't think the knife would have even worked on Lilith. Remember when Dean stabbed Alastair with it? it hardly did anything. The colt is probably the only other thing that could kill her besides Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
          i think it had to be sam since he was special plus ruby wasnt exactly powerful and she was the joke ofthe demon world so lilith wouldnt want to die by the hand of someone they spit on.
          Even though they didn't come right out and say it... maybe it was because Sam was the only thing, or person, strong enough to kill Lilith? *shrugs*

Comment

ya he probably was maybe it also had to do with a human killing the first human demon. i guess next season we will learn of sam and deans roles in the destiny of the world or something.

Comment

It seems like if Ruby could have killed her they wouldn't have had this whole big thing about powering Sam up and learning about his powers and all. Like you guys said there is probably a lot more to this than they have explained so far. We'll have to wait and see.

Comment

I always thought Lucifer and Azazel plans we to raise him up so thats why they had to get a "special child" and whoever was the final remaining "special child" would open hells gate and raise lucifer

Comment

Well, Lucifer told Azazel that there was a child. Also, Ruby said that "it had to be [Sam]"

Otherwise, Lillith had the Colt, so she could've committed Demon suicide with it by shooting herself in the head.

Comment

Yeah, I got the impression that Sam was the only one strong enough to kill her. If she was the first demon, then the knife wouldn't have worked on her, and no other demon could have killed her. Sam was the only one strong enough...because he was "created" by the Yellow Eyed Demon to lead the demon army. He was the only one who could have killed her.

Comment

Lucipher said it had to be a special child aka Sam, im sure it'll be explained exactly why Sam is the chosen one next season. I loved how this helped tie the four seasons together as we see it was all heading to this.

Comment

It works and it doesn't work.
                        Part of me doesn't like how it looks: as if Lucifer escaped not by defeating angels but by bumping off another evil, as if the devil had been keeping himself in check this whole time and wasn't really pinned down by the power of God. Like his chains were self-imposed, and he was waiting only for a meaningful sacrifice from his own followers to coax him to rise.
                        But another side of me likes the idea that the real power structure isn't what's been laid down in the biblical account. And if you assume the angels were the ones who created the 66 seals, then I guess they did name the terms of the devil's captivity, and at the time the angels probably thought they'd come up with some seals that'd be real tricky or impossible to break.

I think Lilith's death by a human hand is probably symbolic of a huge change in the landscape, like when homo sapiens took over from cro-magnon man. --> Because humanity had changed. The show made Lilith powerful enough that she was safe from angels because she could flee them and safe from demons because she owned them, which leaves only us, and they only way we're going to slay her is by using the antichrist path Sam is treading.....which means Lucifer was guaranteed to have an antichrist standing in front of him when he rose. Sweet set up. Efficient. Probably, the devil was hoping for someone less emotionally conflicted, more of a true believer in evil. But hey, that depends on how they're going to portray the devil--maybe it's an ethically conflicted creature too. (!?!) Maybe he'll bust that red-headed angel girl out of heaven-jail next season because ex-cons have got to stick together? He might have a convincing sob story about God's abuses of authority and mistreatment of the winged race. Maybe Lucifer will feel (contractually) obligated to treat Sam and Dean well to repay the favor he owes the Winchesters. Or due to how they might still have leverage over the devil, being the ones responsible for armageddon and all. Hmmm. Tasty material for the writers.
                        Last edited by InactiveUserID; 05-20-2009, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Well, we learn in Lucifer Rising that Lucifer actually turned Lilith into a demon in the first place. He corrupted the first human soul as a way of flipping God the bird. God made the prison that imprisons Lucifer (presumably, I guess it could have been the angels as well), so making Lilith the final seal that needed to be destroyed to free him could be considered God (or the angels) flipping Lucifer off in return. "Oh, you screw with my creation? Well, now you have to take back your useless little gesture to get out. How do you like them apples?" Of course, this is assuming that God acts like a vindictive teenager (which isn't all that far off if you read the Old Testament).

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎