Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ratings for 'Doomsday'

MOD NOTE: This thread is for discussing the ratings of the episode only. Any other topic discussion please discuss in the appropriate threads.

Last edited by Ginx; 05-15-2009, 04:00 PM.

Ratings for 'Doomsday'

...and the season-finale of the CW’s veteran Smallville (2.2/ 4). Had the CW been in better shape, this may have been the series-finale for Smallville.
    Last edited by Ginx; 05-15-2009, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Ratings for 'Doomsday'

also from pifeedback

and the season-finale of the CW’s veteran Smallville (Viewers: #5, 3.15 million; A18-49: #5, 1.4/ 4). Had the CW been in better shape, this may have been the series-finale for Smallville.
      emphasis mine. That's hard to argue IMO.
      Last edited by Ginx; 05-15-2009, 03:55 PM.

Comment

I guess it deserved the ratings it got

Comment

Damn, only 3.15 million. It went down from last weeks episode.

BTW, since I really liked the episode it didn't get the rating it deserved in my book.

Comment

Love or hate Doomsday(for me it's the latter), these ratings are horrible news. It can't be the Jimmy thing because no one knew it. Was the competition this tough? I heard about basketball and hokey games. Not to mention the Bones finale.

Comment

I hope that 3.15 million is what next season's premier gets because then season 10 will be in serious trouble. I actually think that it's a negative that so few people watched the finale because if people don't know what they missed, they might come back anyway next season.

Comment

Those numbers are not accurate.

And the finale was AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!!!

Comment

I also wanted to add that even though this second half of the season usually gets weaker ratings, there was an obvious drop off in quality from the first half to the second this season. They looked like they were going somewhere this season, and its a shame it ended the way it did last night. They need to bring back the fun from the first half, but with Jimmy retconned and gloomy Clark/Kal-el, that's gonna be a lot harder to do.

Comment

You know, if Neilsen as a whole was smart, they'd give EVERYBODY in the U.S. a free box just to get more accurate ratings data because even though 3.15 seems rather low, it's unfair that it all comes down to numbers that aren't even a true representation of who's watching the show.

I can't wait to see if the final rating goes up.

Edit: What they need to do is move these BS basketball games so that they air after May so that TV shows actually have a chance.
                    Last edited by Aries83; 05-15-2009, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
                      I hope that 3.15 million is what next season's premier gets because then season 10 will be in serious trouble. I actually think that it's a negative that so few people watched the finale because if people don't know what they missed, they might come back anyway next season.
                      Does the shows Bones have a board? You might find a show over there youl like. I hope season 10 takes place personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin24
                        Damn, only 3.15 million. It went down from last weeks episode.

BTW, since I really liked the episode it didn't get the rating it deserved in my book.

This proves that this season should've been the last. I'm not bashing the show, I just don't want it to be canceled next year if the ratings stay low. Next year they should just end it, if CW doesn't want to cough up the doe, than Smallville should end next year. I liked the finale, but it proves to you more money = a longer DD fight. I think the fight is what made thousands of people change the channel.

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
                          I wish I could feel bad about this. But I don't. I just hope that it convinces Souders/Peterson to think really darn hard as they approach S9, and to try and remember just what it is the show is supposed to be about. Maybe they might want to consider the fact that going darker and darker is just not where the viewers want to the show to go. And oh, yeah, its about Clark. Would be nice if they could try and remember that.
                          I have to agree, the darker the show gets the worse the show is in my opinion. I hope the show looks at everything that was successful in the first half and writes the whole season next season like that.

Smallville
                          - 3.128 million viewers
                          - 2.0/3 HH
                          - 1.4/4 A18-49
                          - 1.4/5 A18-34
                          Last edited by Supsfan; 05-15-2009, 02:39 PM.

Comment

3.13 is the final rating? Nice. Peterson and Souders need to listen to the message of the fans here. I always talk about the competition but Smallville gave up without a fight here. I agree with Supsfan about the darker tone. How many day shots did we have in Doomsday? The JL scene at the beginning and the funeral. They have to lighten up the show a bit.

Comment

Wow only 3.15 that sucks!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎