No announcement yet.

Chloe never met her husband's family?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vandal Savage
    I guess I did forget about Jimmy confessing to Chloe about his family issues. But now I'm wondering what thoughts went through Jimmy's mind about this. "Hey, I think it's a good idea to leave my kid brother with my alcoholic father. Nothing could go wrong with that."

It could have been an uncle or something. That is probably better than one kid raising another.

Comment

Now Committed makes sense. I remember watching that episode and talking about how odd the whole Jimmy sob story was. It just didn't make sense and didn't fit. It seemed so random to bring up a story about a drunken dad.

Now I see it was the set up to this retcon garbage. Sigh.

Comment

that was just STUPID

Comment

She acted like she was just guessing it was him, therefore didn't even know what he looked like. The writers could have at least made her say "You're Jimmy's younger brother, Jimmy. I've seen so many pictures of you."

Comment

If they killed off Jimmy because he was too old, what about Kara? I thought she was always Superman's kid cousin????

Comment

Jimmy's "confession" didn't match the family we saw at the funeral. Yes ,its odd she never met them before. BTW..what exactly was that she placed on Henry James coffin ?

Comment

Originally posted by JRWolfe
                Jimmy's "confession" didn't match the family we saw at the funeral. Yes ,its odd she never met them before. BTW..what exactly was that she placed on Henry James coffin ?

i think they were photo negatives.

of chloe & jimmy

Comment

Originally posted by Saber
                  I guess since the dad was an alcoholic he named all his unforeseen kids “Jimmy”. I wonder how many more "Jimmy’s" are in the wood-work.
                  Haha.

Comment

I far as I remember, Jimmy never mentioned a younger brother, only an alcoholic father and a missing mother.
                    And missing from the wedding was Gabe, Lois's father, Lucy, Martha Kent and Jimmy's father and younger Brother.

Also we didn't see Jimmy's mother at the funeral, unless his mother is black. If you rewatch the Doomday episode, we see a black women walking away from the coffin with the father and little brother.
                    Last edited by supercatmom; 09-22-2009, 08:23 AM.

Comment

This whole Jimmy thing ended very messy. He was the wrong age. Ok i understand how you want to correct that. BUT does it make sense for him to have a younger brother also named jimmy. Even if his real name was henry, BOTH BROTHERS are still called jimmy. DOESN't MAKE SENSE.

ALSO chloe never met the family? WTF

ALSO the retcons in his fam history are ridiculous. I thought the whole drunken fam part was completely pointless unless she confessed the whole brainiac thing. SHE didn't and it was COMPELTELY pointless. R.I.P. Jimmy or w/e your name is

Comment

The show's portrayal of the Olsen family was quite inconsistent. I don't remember all the claims, but:

"Heat"/"Unsafe": Henry James Olsen is said to have been a Metropolis High School student.

"Rage": HJ Olsen is said to be spending Thanksgiving with his mother.

"Static": HJ Olsen claims that his father was a ham radio fanatic.

"Committed": HJ Olsen is first said to have told Chloe that his father was a investment banker. Later, he claims that his dad is actually a part-time mechanic and full-time alcoholic (so, what about the ham radio stuff? Wouldn't a severe alcoholic burn his money on booze, rather than investing in radio equipment?). And that he never knew his mother (then who did he spend Thanksgiving with in 2006?). He also claims to have reinvented himself, after he moved to Metropolis (yet, the first two mentions of him implied that he was a longtime resident of Metropolis).

"Doomsday": HJ Olsen's never before mentioned younger brother shows up at his funeral. Along with a well-dressed man (presumably HJ's father), who didn't come across like a drunk struggling with a part-time job. He's together with an African American woman, probably his girlfriend or wife (the latter would mean that HJ has also got a never before mentioned stepmother also).

However, there is one more important matter. HJ Olsen is shown to have bought a loft apartment, in a building that dwarfs LuthorCorp Plaza. You expect us to believe that a newspaper photographer, who is the son of a part-time mechanic (meaning HJ couldn't go to his dad for money), could afford such a place (even if it needed to be renovated)?

Guess one could explain the inconsistencies as Henry James Olsen simply lying about his family, for some reason. In the comics, Jimmy Olsen's dad is James Jacob "Jake" Olsen (if the same applies to this show, it would explain why he's got two sons named James), a government agent. Maybe it's got something to do with that. Henry James Olsen couldn't talk about it, so he made up stories, but didn't keep them consistent. Only, nobody around him paid close enough attention to point out the inconsistencies.

If they'd ever go a season 12 comic or something, it would be an interesting matter to explore. What is the deal with the Olsen family?

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎