No announcement yet.

So what happened was....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what happened was....

Seems to be A LOT of confused people after the finale. So here's my theory (and a few other's) as to what just happened:

In the beginning we see Jacob and the other guy, let's call him Black shirt. For whatever reason, black shirt wants to kill Jacob and says he'll find a loop hole. For some reason, black shirt can't kill Jacob. But I'm assuming he has the power to replicate dead bodies as his own. So for example, when Christian appeared to be alive in season 1. We never found the body. Now black shirt is acting as Christian and trying to find a way to kill Jacob with the new losties.

Ben has never seen or talked to Jacob. He took Locke out to a random cabin and talked to a chair and even came up with the idea that Locke couldn't see Jacob because Jacob didn't want him to. What happened in the cabin is still a mystery and who knows if that was really Jacob.

Everything we've seen with Christian was really black shirt. He told Locke to move the island, knowing that it would result in Ben doing it and the time space getting screwed up. As Faux Locke, he told Richard to tell the real Locke that he has to die. When Locke went down to turn the wheel, it was black shirt telling Locke that he had to die. Knowing Locke would kill himself for the island. We can also speculate that it could've been black shirt who was posing as Charlie who tells Hugo they need to go back. And it was probably black shirt as Yemi, who maybe wanted Eko, but found him unworthy, Locke's death, and his telling Jack of Christian, effects Jack so much that he goes along with the plan to go back to the island, which is really just black shirt's plan for dead Locke and Ben to come to the island. Black shirt hides Locke's body and then becomes Locke. He uses Locke's relationship with Ben for the two to go see the monster. It's black shirt, as Locke, who tells Ben where to find the monster. Then black shirt poses as Alex and tells Ben the only way he'll live is if he follows Locke's every word. He then uses this to tell Ben to kill Jacob. So finally, black shirt is able to kill Jacob.

So it's really black shirt, not the monster, who can replicate dead people. In fact, black shirt may even be working with or have control of the smoke monster. Remember Locke told Eko he saw a white light the first time? If Jacob is the white side (back in the pilot they said there was a light side and a dark side) he probably has a version of the monster himself.

But yeah, so this was black shirt's plan that finally came to fullfilment in the finale. I think the question is now, if Jack's plan worked, did he just undo all this?

There are also numerous similarities between Black Shirt and Charles Widmore. While I don't think they are the same person, they both operated on very similar (or the same) parameters. Neither can kill their enemy (Ben/Jacob) and yet both mange to use others to do it. Indeed, much of the stuff that Charles did to Ben (killing Alex) would also seem to relate to Black Shirt.

I really hope Jacob isn't dead. Mark Pellegrino is amazing in the role, and there's gotta be more going on with him.

Comment

what if black shirt is smokey? for some reason jacob couldnt die and smokey chooses who lives and who dies so maybe smokey/blackshirt wants jacob to die cause he was a sinner or something. guess next season we will find out who black shirt was and what smokey is and whats up with jacob never aging like richard and all that. i also wonder where jacobs been the entire time. was he just living in a foot during the plane crash and all that?

Comment

I don't think Black shirt is smokey just because smokey has killed people that had no real point in black shirt's plan to kill Jacob (The pilot, for one) but I wouldn't put it past that black shirt & smokey are on the same team. Also Ben summoned smokey to kill Keamy's team. I feel like black shirt wouldn't help anyone but himself.

Comment

This is pretty much exactly what I was theorizing after the finale aired. Except I got the vibe that Black Shirt was smokey too. I rationalized all the other killings by smokey on the Island (the ones that didn't have any part in his plans) as Black Shirt just not wanting people there. He didn't seem to like Jacob bringing people to the Island.

Comment

^ yeah I agree. I just hope black shirt & smokey are two different things/people.

Comment

guess we will see. cant wait to actually get some history on the Others and all them.

Comment

I can't decide if I'd like Black Shirt and smokey to be the same thing or two different entities. If they're two different things, then we possibly have two different things that turn into dead people and kill/manipulate people. If they're one and the same, there's just been one of those wandering around since season 1. Though I suppose if they're separate entities, and Black Shirt just controls smokey, then he could've been sitting back and speaking through smokey from afar.

I like the idea that there's a white version of the smoke monster that is Jacob or is controlled by him. It would certainly explain by John's first experience with the monster was so different from everyone else's.

Comment

I think if black shirt & smokey are different then it was black shirt who appeared as the dead people instead of Smokey. Like you said, black shirt can control smokey. The only problem is when they did that thing with Eko and a fist came out of smokey, so I fear black shirt may really be smokey. I kind of like that idea of them being seperate better then seeing Jacob's mortal enemy be a cloud of black smoke.

Comment

I think a big reason that I think they're the same thing is the whole "Locke" and Ben going to smokey to get judged situation. Ben summoned smokey the same way he had the other time we saw him do it, but it never showed up, and Black Shirt was there. Then they went to smokey instead, and Ben fell down the hole. Black Shirt disappeared, smokey showed up, smokey disappeared, "Alex" showed up and told him to do as "Locke" says. Then Alex is gone and Black Shirt is back. It was kinda suspicious.

Comment

Yeah I'm worried about that too.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎