Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reaper May Live To See Season 3 After All! (all news merged)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know of any other network that air stuff from CW. Minus Soapnet that has One Tree Hill re-runs.

Comment

Originally posted by Superboy2
      I don't know of any other network that air stuff from CW. Minus Soapnet that has One Tree Hill re-runs.

Some Canadian stations air Smallville, and A Channel aired Everwood back in the day. Not sure about anything recent besides Smallville though.

Really hoping Reaper gets picked up.

Comment

Channel A airs/aired Reaper in Canada too. If you're an international fan, we recommend writing your local station. Channel A, E4, StarWorld, etc. ABC needs to know that they have an overseas market as well, and writing your local stations lets them know you are interested in watching the show, and in turn they may be more likely to buy it.
        Last edited by blue sunflower; 05-28-2009, 01:22 PM.

Comment

I know Smallville re-runs were on ABC family for awhile but then they decided not to air them. I haven't seen Smallville anywhere else. Surprised Sci-fi never had a marathon of Smallville episodes.

Comment

5/29 Per Nick: EMAIL SPIKE TV and SCIFI ASAP Details here

From Nick:

http://nickctv.wordpress.com/2009/05/29/reaper-fans-email-spike-tv (I hope this is okay, Nick's blog is linked on the main Reapersite page)

REAPER Fans: Email SPIKE & SCI-FI (Or is ABC Trying To Double Dip?)

Just trust me on this, spam them today. Well not with spam, but legit “please pick up REAPER if you can,” emails. Mention your age and cable provider.

Update: Ok, from what I’m hearing the CW affiliates are interested but there has been no formal offer as yet. Why? Well it appears the guys and gals over at Alphabet Studios are trying to sell the show’s previous 2 seasons into syndication first. Why? Well it appears they are trying to pull what was pulled on USA with BONES: repeats + repeat of new show that aired only weeks earlier. The targets of that syndication deal are SPIKE & SCI-FI. Once they have that deal in place, the affiliates will get their offer.

So the good news is that fans of REAPER who don’t live in an area with an affiliate that picks it up will get the opportunity to catch it on cable shortly after the original airing. It’s not a bad business plan, and is likely what it would take to keep the show under its present budget.

SPIKE TV Show Support:

[email protected]

[email protected]

SCIFI (SyFy):

[email protected]
            Last edited by blue sunflower; 05-29-2009, 12:31 PM.

Comment

So...

After watching the finale, it looks as if I was, unfortunately, right!

An open ended ending, most likely.

I suppose it could have been worse.

I think they finished shooting Reaper a LONG time before the last episode's air date, but it looks as if they were fairly optimistic of a 3rd season pick up...

Oh well...

Another good show, gone...

Comment

Originally posted by Alpharius
                I think they finished shooting Reaper a LONG time before the last episode's air date, but it looks as if they were fairly optimistic of a 3rd season pick up...
                They finished filming the week of Christmas, and yes, they had been led to believe a 3rd season was a distinct possibility.

Another good show, gone...
                No, Reaper is not gone yet.

The KryptonSite/KSiteTV forums are a place originally created to discuss the WB/CW series Smallville which expanded to cover all kinds of TV, movies, and more!

The KryptonSite/KSiteTV forums are a place originally created to discuss the WB/CW series Smallville which expanded to cover all kinds of TV, movies, and more!

Comment

I registered here forever ago but never posted because SOMEBODY put off activating my account or something.
                  So here I am.
                  My first post.
                  Telling everyone reading this, if you haven't spammed ABC, the affiliates, and any possible other party to Save Reaper... do it now.
                  http://abc.go.com/site/contactus.htm...r&lpos=CONTACT

You already know where to go for every other link and tip imaginable.
                  The DMV.

INACTION is assisting in the demise of a show that deserves to be remembered. You would be letting the CW NOT get shown how this show would prosper without them. You would be helping a family of actors get ripped apart from each other Holocaust-style.

Comment

Since Nick has done nothing but give us good advice, I'm putting this up:

I got this comment in response to Nick's suggestion that we start local petitions upon which we put our names and addresses. I asked him if city or zipcode was okay, since this seemed like a privacy issue - putting our personal info on an internet website:

ReaperDMV, if they aren't willing to post their entire address then they aren't legit. The networks can verify the person is real with addresses and phone numbers (and verify they're in their viewing range).

The reason you have someone localized to the affiliates in question go out and get petitions is those are more important than emails they believe came from someone not even in their viewing area. That doesn't really help. Emailing your own local affiliate and supplying them your address and phone number makes sure they take your email seriously. It's the same with a petition.

So, what I am thinking is NON-online petitions. Now, I'm not saying "yo - go stand on a corner and badger people to sign a petition they'll watch Reaper", but more a PERSONAL one. If you watch with your friends, families, and/or coworkers - have you all sign a petition on paper and send it in to your affiliate and Tribune/Sinclair, and wherever else you want. For example, cko watches with her dad and brother, so that's 3 people, when probably only cko has written in - thereby only looking like one Reaper fan in her area.

That way, you can keep your private info private, but still get across to the stations who exactly is writing them that's actually IN their area (and yes, this includes you too, international fans - write your own station). Plus, it's snail mail so bonus!

Cko was kind enough to write up this general language if you want to use it for your petition:

To: ______

We, the undersigned, live in the ______ area, and have greatly enjoyed watching the Reaper TV show on ________ (your affiliate). It’s a very entertaining show that keeps us both laughing and on the edge of our seats at the same time. The acting is excellent and it is truly an original series and concept.

We understand that ABC Studios, who produces the show, is working with CW affilates, including the Tribune and Sinclair Broadcasting groups, to produce a third season of Reaper for affiliates to run on Sunday evenings.

We encourage ____ (your affiliate) to join in the deal to keep Reaper on the air for another season. We are devoted viewers in the _____ area who will continue to watch the program, encourage others to do the same, and will support the advertisers as well. Please keep Reaper on the air.

Thank you for your consideration.

List Names, Signatures, Address, Age/Gender

DO NOT forget your address, age, M/F, and signature. This includes any kids in your household that watch as well. And make sure you include this info if you are sticking to email as well.

For all links and addresses, see the very first post in this thread.

Thanks again guys for all your help! Hopefully we will have a final answer soon.

Comment

I don't think we're being lead on, at least not by Nick. We are STILL saying to write in - especially to ABC. We DO know the affiliates want the show.
                      Last edited by KSiteTV; 06-03-2009, 12:42 PM. Reason: campaigning

Comment

What a twisted path we're on now!

Can't wait for the update, hopefully we'll know something by tomorrow...

Comment

Hey, thanks Reapersite! And kewl with the descriptive title.

Comment

6/4/2009 Update:

Author: Nick C
                            Comment:
                            Ok this is from my blackberry so excuse any typos (or more than normal).

I hear they are hunting down a showrunner which is a good sign it is still kicking.

Abc family and tbs are good targets for emails. It is going to be cable. I just can't find out where until saturday.

Comment

The wait is killing me!

I'm guessing Monday will be "information gathering" with an announcement on Tuesday?

Please?

Comment

Save Reaper

Reaper is by far the best TV-show i've ever seen. Please don't stop it.
                                I'm even willing to pay, i have about 500 euros so that will be about 614 dollars.
                                and even if you don't accept my payment, then do it for all the fans and for the makers,
                                since the ending was filmed in such a way, that it was evidently that they were sure that there would be a third season.

PLEASE SAVE REAPER, no matter what it takes, how long it takes.

(i made an account for this)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎