Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reaper May Live To See Season 3 After All! (all news merged)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

5/23 ABC is selling Reaper Right Now! Write your affiliate ASAP!

Okay, I can't do all the links here as I think it's against the rules, so I will try the best I can:

An industry insider addressed in his blog Reaper's prospects for life after the CW. This backs up Hollywood Reporter's recent article. Among the many tidbits:
    • ABC Studios is still commited to the show.
    • Tyler's Reaper contract requires his return, regardless if the show is picked up by a network or syndication.
    • While talks are in the works for SyFy, by far and away the most likely scenario for Reaper is syndication to the CW affiliates.
    • ABC Studios is aiming to pair up Reaper with Legend of the Seeker, another syndicated ABC Studios production that already successfully airs on many of the affiliates.
    • If sold with Legend of the Seeker, Reaper may be looking at an October return.
    • Time is running out. At most, the insider estimates a week before a final decision will be made.

The issue here is the CW affiliates. The more CW affiliates that pick up Reaper, the more likely the show will be renewed. We are still stressing that if you want Reaper to return, email your local affiliate and let them know. We (at ReaperDMV) have received some good feedback, especially from the Regional Manager of several stations on the East Coast, Chris Wolf. Today, someone posted and *that* response said ABC is trying to sell a WHOLE season! Click here to find your affiliate.

In that vein, it has been pointed out that Tribune Broadcasting owns a boatload of CW affiliates. If Tribune's stations pick up Reaper, then renewal is considered a lock.

If you live in an area covered by Tribune Broadcasting (click here to see if you are), Tribune's feedback page lists as a contact:

Gary Weitman
    Media Relations, Tribune Company
    435 North Michigan Avenue
    Chicago, IL 6061
    [email protected]

Whether you live in an area covered by Tribune Broadcasting or not, make sure you also contact your local affiliate. Mentioning a potential Sunday night pair up of Reaper and Legend of the Seeker probably wouldn't hurt. I have also been mentioning the Reaper Petition myself.

And for all fans, including international: Write ABC Studios and thank them for their support of Reaper. Overseas sales are important too, so if ABC knows they can make money internationally, that's another reason for them to want to keep the show.

Mr. Stephen McPherson
    President
    ABC Entertainment Group
    500 S. Buena Vista St.
    Burbank, CA 91521
    Re: REAPER
    Click here to email ABC Studios.

Last but not least, the insider recommends trying to get advertisers to write in too. Fans are nice, but potential advertisers are better. If you know any businesses that might be willing to purchase local airtime, ask if they would be willing to advertise during Reaper. If they say yes, see if they will also tell that to your CW affiliate.

On a personal note, I want to thank all the people who have participated in this campaign, regardless of our success. A beach cannot be made with only a single grain of sand. Never underestimate your power, grasshoppers. Thank you.

Comment

We have also received feedback that if successful, Reaper will have a 22 episode run, and not 18 or 13.

Comment

So that means Reaper would be on ABC?

Comment

No, it would air on the CW affiliates, most likely Sunday nights at 7pm ~ the night the CW network dropped, leaving its affiliates to scramble to find programming on their own.

ABC Studios produces Reaper (along with Legend of the Seeker, Lost, Grey's Anatomy, etc), and they are the ones selling it.

Comment

^^ Correction: not the entire female demographic.

In my opinion, I think it only caters to the snobby, slutty, and drunken female demographic.

Every single episode of GG and 90210 is of some stupid slut getting drunk or getting ufcked.

Comment

While all affiliates are important, Nick C. is now hearing that the TX stations are interested in Reaper. His exact twitter words: "Go after them."

If you live in TX, please contact your local affiliates. They are owned by Tribune, and are two of their largest markets.

The 33 (KDAF-TV, Dallas-Fort Worth): http://www.the33tv.com/about/station/contactus/

KIAH TV (Houston) http://www.39online.com/about/station/contactus/

All other affiliates listed here: http://www.cwtv.com/stations

If you get a response, please let me know. We want you to forward it to a certain person at ABC Studios. Thanks.

Comment

still...if it never comes back, tonight just might be the last episode ever. here's wishing it gets picked up somewhere else, cuz i hear there's going to be some kind of cliffhanger ending and it just can't end that way.

Comment

Okay, we are also getting word that the Sinclair owned affiliates are important too:

The Sinclair Broadcast group owns multiple TV stations, including CW affiliates. List here: http://www.sbgi.net/business/all.shtml

In: Minneapolis, Baltimore, Raleigh-Durham, Nashville, Oklahoma City, Milwaukee, Birmingham-Tuscaloosa AL, and Las Vegas

The idea is the same as with the Tribune Corp. Write to your local affiliate (the links are at the Sinclair page above) AND to Sinclair Broadcasting which is http://www.sbgi.net/. Click on the link that says Contact Us from the home page.

Comment

Originally posted by Call_Me_Ishmael
                    The San Francisco Chronicle said it lost its quality...gee, maybe because Dawn O. gave them ideas for having relationships for every character, making it into Smallville version 2.0?

And that's why I still like Supernatural, it hasn't gone over-the-edge with "love interests", which ALWAYS mess up a show.
                    That's kind of how I felt this season on Reaper. I love the show but too much romantic and love love relationship, not enough story. I am upset the CW doesn't want the show, as we all are. But I won't miss them when Reaper goes syndicated (I have faith it will) and the writers don't have to adhere to Dawn O's "teen girl show rules".

Anyway, wrong place for a rant, but maybe the thought of a awesome third season with all the show's best elements balanced out will be fuel for getting some in the middle about the show to write and try and save it.

P.S. I realize some folks prefer relationships and that's fine. But some also don't or want a better balance so everyone can be happy.
                    Last edited by kszonew; 05-26-2009, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blue sunflower
                      Except that Reaper's ratings are actually some of the highest on the network and frequently beats even 90210 (which got early renewal) live numbers - and up against American Idol to boot.
                      The truth is the CW doesn't want Reaper to succeed. They want to push shows like 90210, Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, and Privleged on us. I can't wait until Reaper, Smallville, and Supernatural are done so that I can leave the CW behind.

Comment

Its been a week since every other show knew they were coming back or not. Why is this one taking forever?

Comment

Originally posted by Superboy2
                          Its been a week since every other show knew they were coming back or not. Why is this one taking forever?
                          Much different circumstances.

Comment

I'm confused as it can come back as syndication. Doesn't that mean its back like it was before?

Comment

all i have to say is if another network would give it the attention it needs and stuff im totally fine if its sold to another network.

Comment

Originally posted by Superboy2
                                I'm confused as it can come back as syndication. Doesn't that mean its back like it was before?
                                I'm not sure what you mean. Syndication means that shows are sold affiliate to affiliate, and not to a parent network. So - not the CW network itself, but to all the stations that air CW programming. We're basically going behind the CW network's back. An end run so to speak.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎