No announcement yet.

They completely butchered the Mythos

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They completely butchered the Mythos

They unnessisarily killed off two villians (Livewire and Neutron), turned Parasite into a anti-hero, made Clark look absolutely pathetic and dumb enough not to bring Green K along with him, showed how easily Ollie could kick his ass if he wanted too, continued to bring up the absolutely ridiculous "Lex is dead" arc, and treat Davis and Doomsday like they're separate entities (which if true, only makes this DD MORE of a Hulk ripoff).

When the producers say they want to line up with DC mythos and feed us this crap, I want to laugh and cry at the same time. They give us a great string of episodes (first half of S8) then put out this....

All I can say is, unless the finale wows me (which, judging by the spoilers isn't going to happen) I won't be sticking around for season 9.

Hm, unless i am mistaken, in the Episode: Hex (Season 9), Almost everyone but Olle made a wish, which grants them there inner most desire, Olle still has this wish, maybe he can undo everything.

Comment

They unnessisarily killed off two villians (Livewire and Neutron)

yes but we didn't see neutron well so there could be another neutron in the future. As for livewire she was completely different in looks and personality. I was expecting a sassy new yorker

turned Parasite into a anti-hero,

This Injustice League was more like the Suicide Squad which is traditionally Plastique's team. I agree that the characters present are usually bad an know it, like Lex. He feels he's mankind's hero but he knows his methods are completely unethical. To him the ends justify the means.

made Clark look absolutely pathetic and dumb enough not to bring Green K along with him

I don't think he knew he was cured of that weakness

showed how easily Ollie could kick his ass if he wanted too

Ollie is resourceful and anyone who can get their hands on Kryptonite can defeat Superman in the end

continued to bring up the absolutely ridiculous "Lex is dead" arc

They pretty much have to without Rosenbaum, him knowing Clark's secret is too big to ignore

and treat Davis and Doomsday like they're separate entities (which if true, only makes this DD MORE of a Hulk ripoff).

Well thats entirely new so there is no mythos precident to destroy

Comment

Originally posted by Jawth
        and treat Davis and Doomsday like they're separate entities (which if true, only makes this DD MORE of a Hulk ripoff)
        Well SVDoom is already way too much of a Hulk rip off anyway, complete with Davis saying "Don't make angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry" . They might as well go all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Estro-gen X
          They unnessisarily killed off two villians (Livewire and Neutron)

yes but we didn't see neutron well so there could be another neutron in the future. As for livewire she was completely different in looks and personality. I was expecting a sassy new yorker

turned Parasite into a anti-hero,

This Injustice League was more like the Suicide Squad which is traditionally Plastique's team. I agree that the characters present are usually bad an know it, like Lex. He feels he's mankind's hero but he knows his methods are completely unethical. To him the ends justify the means.

made Clark look absolutely pathetic and dumb enough not to bring Green K along with him

I don't think he knew he was cured of that weakness

showed how easily Ollie could kick his ass if he wanted too

Ollie is resourceful and anyone who can get their hands on Kryptonite can defeat Superman in the end

continued to bring up the absolutely ridiculous "Lex is dead" arc

They pretty much have to without Rosenbaum, him knowing Clark's secret is too big to ignore

and treat Davis and Doomsday like they're separate entities (which if true, only makes this DD MORE of a Hulk ripoff).

Well thats entirely new so there is no mythos precident to destroy

1. How is changing the look and personality more along the lines of the mythos? It's just a bigger failure. Assuming there will be another guy with radation based powers that will call himself Neutron after the team was a secret is a huige stretch at best.

2. Parasite is a murderer. He's not a victim or someone that gives a crap about human life unlike who was presented here (not to mention has shape-changing abilities and a completely different look).

3. When Clark has no powers, he is immune to Kryptonite and those that take his powers now have that weakness.

4. I guess I'm imagining all of the times Luthor has had Kryptonite based plans to kill Superman failed, or when Batman slugged Supes with a Kryptonite ring multiple times and said if he did so again it would shatter his fist (Jeph Loeb's Hush).

5. They cannot tell us Lex is dead because not only does it butcher the mythos completely, it butchers Smallville's own storyline as Lex was clearly shown as Sageth. Lex is present in all major continuities as Clark's major foe as Superman. If he really is dead, then all that goes down the drain. By the way, Rosenbaum said he'd come back for the last few episodes of the series, which could easily exolain that Jor-El memory wiped him when he took away Clark's powers.

6. Doomsday not being Doomsday is a slap in the face to the source material.

Comment

They unnessisarily killed off two villians (Livewire and Neutron), turned Parasite into a anti-hero, made Clark look absolutely pathetic and dumb enough not to bring Green K along with him, showed how easily Ollie could kick his ass if he wanted too, continued to bring up the absolutely ridiculous "Lex is dead" arc, and treat Davis and Doomsday like they're separate entities (which if true, only makes this DD MORE of a Hulk ripoff).

When the producers say they want to line up with DC mythos and feed us this crap, I want to laugh and cry at the same time. They give us a great string of episodes (first half of S8) then put out this....

All I can say is, unless the finale wows me (which, judging by the spoilers isn't going to happen) I won't be sticking around for season 9.
            ITA

everything about this episode made me cringe and want to throw a comic book at someone

we didnt even get to see Livewire or Netron use their powers they could have easily used them again next season with an episode that gave their origins.

This whole Doomsday thing is getting ludicrious. It seemed to be working at first I didn't mind it but now that they have insenuated that Davis can be seperated and be human is just crazy.

First of all Davis came from Krypton with Doomsday so if they do seperate him he would be Kryptonian not human

how does a creature come from another planet and become human?

and whats with everyone lecturing clark these days? and clark having to justify his actions? we get more of this bull than we do actual action

this is why i loved superman the animated series it was more about Superman actually fighting the good fight and the love/drama crap was the C plot

ever since the second half of this season started its been a bunch of mumbo jumbo that i dont know how they will fix

Comment

Originally posted by mr lane
              ITA

everything about this episode made me cringe and want to throw a comic book at someone

we didnt even get to see Livewire or Netron use their powers they could have easily used them again next season with an episode that gave their origins.

This whole Doomsday thing is getting ludicrious. It seemed to be working at first I didn't mind it but now that they have insenuated that Davis can be seperated and be human is just crazy.

First of all Davis came from Krypton with Doomsday so if they do seperate him he would be Kryptonian not human

how does a creature come from another planet and become human?

and whats with everyone lecturing clark these days? and clark having to justify his actions? we get more of this bull than we do actual action

this is why i loved superman the animated series it was more about Superman actually fighting the good fight and the love/drama crap was the C plot

ever since the second half of this season started its been a bunch of mumbo jumbo that i dont know how they will fix
              They want to try and show that Davis, whether he is human or Kryptonian, is worth the saving and the separation from the creature. Clark sees that Davis could be good on his own and he knows he came to earth with him. If you have the chance to see if you can separate the two, why not try it and then focus on the beast if it works?

As a side note, I'm looking forward to the finale Thursday and not laying down ultimatums about wowing me or I'm outta here.

Comment

Originally posted by House of Brock
                They want to try and show that Davis, whether he is human or Kryptonian, is worth the saving and the separation from the creature. Clark sees that Davis could be good on his own and he knows he came to earth with him. If you have the chance to see if you can separate the two, why not try it and then focus on the beast if it works?

As a side note, I'm looking forward to the finale Thursday and not laying down ultimatums about wowing me or I'm outta here.
                if i wanted to watch a show where a person couldnt suppress his beast like side when hes angry i would watch The Hulk

it just bugs me that DC created doomsday as an original character why does SV have to look to other origins to make their doomsday stand apart?

im not against separating davis from doomsday i actually was one of the first way back when the season that speculated that Black K could be used to separate the two but that was when we really had no idea where Davis came from or how he got here, after Eternal told us that he was energetic matter I wasn't sure how they could separate the two. The whole plot line just seems a little rough to me

but we know that once Davis is separated from Doomsday it will only make him the best vessel for Zod and bring more problems for Clark so either way you look at it Davis is toast and Clark will be left looking dumb like always and only by luck or a shooting star will Clark be able to wiggle out of the situation

Comment

Originally posted by mr lane
                  if i wanted to watch a show where a person couldnt suppress his beast like side when hes angry i would watch The Hulk

it just bugs me that DC created doomsday as an original character why does SV have to look to other origins to make their doomsday stand apart?

im not against separating davis from doomsday i actually was one of the first way back when the season that speculated that Black K could be used to separate the two but that was when we really had no idea where Davis came from or how he got here, after Eternal told us that he was energetic matter I wasn't sure how they could separate the two. The whole plot line just seems a little rough to me

but we know that once Davis is separated from Doomsday it will only make him the best vessel for Zod and bring more problems for Clark so either way you look at it Davis is toast and Clark will be left looking dumb like always and only by luck or a shooting star will Clark be able to wiggle out of the situation
                  Yeah we know of the Zod potential but that doesn't mean Clark or anyone else would know. It only makes Clark look dumb if he does know it could happen and he does it anyway.

I think with a show like this, now that there is heavy influence from CW suits since season 6, you almost have to humanize a character like Davis Bloome in order for him to fit into a whole season. Having a connection to someone Clark cares for makes the fight all the more powerful.

The Incredible Hulk TV show was fantastic and so were its concepts and if anything this story pays a small homage to it. The only difference is that Doomsday doesn't take on the personality of Davis where The Hulk takes on the personality of David Banner. Davis is shown to not want to harm but it has driven him to lose it mentally and to desperation since he can't control what happens. I think its a pretty interesting tale.

Comment

Yeah we know of the Zod potential but that doesn't mean Clark or anyone else would know. It only makes Clark look dumb if he does know it could happen and he does it anyway.

I think with a show like this, now that there is heavy influence from CW suits since season 6, you almost have to humanize a character like Davis Bloome in order for him to fit into a whole season. Having a connection to someone Clark cares for makes the fight all the more powerful.

The Incredible Hulk TV show was fantastic and so were its concepts and if anything this story pays a small homage to it. The only difference is that Doomsday doesn't take on the personality of Davis where The Hulk takes on the personality of David Banner. Davis is shown to not want to harm but it has driven him to lose it mentally and to desperation since he can't control what happens. I think its a pretty interesting tale.
                    when the zod thing does happen i dont want to hear clark whine about it

"i should have listened to Jor-El, I should have destroyed him, I should have..I should have...its all my fault."

i realize Clark has to make mistakes but i want to hear him recongize the mistakes hes made and move on and not dwell and blame himself for everything

hopefully season 9 will give us this

Comment

im jsut disappointed with the fact that the show made this episode and did nothing with the injustice society. it was a complete hack. this could have waited until next season or something.

Comment

Davis, even if you consider him a separate entity from Doomsday still slaughtered dozens of people. People like that get a lethal injection or the electic chair, not sympathy. The Phantom Zone is a comparatively humane alternative to what someone like Davis would get in today's society. Clark's pathetic self loathing and illogical guilt for Doomsday's life is not allowing him to think clearly.

I can't tell if the bottom is somehow meant as a pointed insult to me, but I watched this show for years because it entertained me. Season 7 and the second half of eight bring me much more frustration and headache than entertainment. So, unless I notice a big leap in quality in regards to the finale, I'm out. Not a ultimatum, but a personal statement of fact.

Comment

Davis, even if you consider him a separate entity from Doomsday still slaughtered dozens of people. People like that get a lethal injection or the electic chair, not sympathy. The Phantom Zone is a comparatively humane alternative to what someone like Davis would get in today's society. Clark's pathetic self loathing and illogical guilt for Doomsday's life is not allowing him to think clearly.

I can't tell if the bottom is somehow meant as a pointed insult to me, but I watched this show for years because it entertained me. Season 7 and the second half of eight bring me much more frustration and headache than entertainment. So, unless I notice a big leap in quality in regards to the finale, I'm out. Not a ultimatum, but a personal statement of fact.
                          Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I wasn't a fan of season 7 and had gripes about some episodes this season (see L.Lang) but I'm still entertained by the show and believe that the Clark Kent/Superman principles are still there and that is what I enjoy the most.

Comment

I agree, especially when Davis tries to justify his killings because he's going after those who sin in a manner, he was not Dooms in this state, he killed as a suppressant, which means this was a mental alteration, and Davis is more responsible. Quite frankly injustice was a terrible episode, poorly written and butchered the mythos completely, highly disappointed. If they're going to take characters from the comics, take their personalities and backgrounds as well, not just the names.

Comment

This series isn't obligated to stay within the same lines of traditional mythology. Like many writers who write variations of superhero comic stories...SV represents their own story which conventionally, isn't bad at all and quite entertaining

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎