No announcement yet.

"Nathan's" History Ability

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Nathan's" History Ability

Unless it must be cognitively triggered, then it should follow logic that what "Nathan" (Sylar) touches he should absorb the memory and history of. Essentially, the clock and the picture frames in his office that he touched and even Sylar himself touched should give him memories and information that lead up until the event of the episode. The more things he touched, even something as small as the desk, should all add up to fill in the gaps to give him the history of the event that ensued. Eventually giving way to "Nathan" discovering the truth behind it all. There's really no way getting around this because it's true. That is, unless it must be cognitively initiated...

So if he touched Angela he would see what she did to him.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

I think so
    Thats why she was frozen in his office after Slythan said "this clock is running a minute and a half fast"
    She was realizing his powers were working and she was terrified.
    But then again it could be nothing.

Last edited by targis; 04-29-2009, 12:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by targis
      So if he touched Angela he would see what she did to him.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

I think so
      Thats why she was frozen in his office after Slythan said "this clock is running a minute and a half fast"
      She was realizing his powers were working and she was terrified.
      But then again it could be nothing.

exactly my point..cannot forget that he can do that with any object..but it's probably written off to continue a plot..

Comment

Only thing is I don't think he would care. He wanted to become someone special anyway. She just helped him acomplish his goal

Comment

Sylar's abilities are from his understanding of them... intuitive aptitude is the only natural one. While it scares Angela, it is because the mind wipe is wearing off. But for now, Sylar-Nathan doesn't know know himself, he believes he is Nathan. Heck, he may even learn about everything, and just be pissed off and handle it as Nathan would have, had Nathan had all of Sylar's powers.

Comment

There are so many ways for Sylar to re-emerge. (1) Dominant personality, to say the least. (2) If he gets cut and spontaneously heals. (3) His latent healing power heals his brain to the point where the mind-wipe is rendered ineffective. (4) Pete touching him all the time to pick up powers like apples off a fruit stand. (5) Mama Petrelli looking scared of him all the time.

Comment

Angela said that Nylar would touch Nathan's belongings and fill in the gaps so it must be a passive ability.

Comment

I suppose it works because if he truly thinks he is Nathan then he will think he was the one who fought Sylar. The only thing that is strange is that those memory gaps filled in would include the events of "him" getting his throat slit by Sylar...and then to oddly assume that he "miraculously came back to life"...I dunno...if he gains those memories (depending on what he touched-say the chair Nathan died on) then he should be a little suspicious...double with his understanding of things the dude is not dumb and will soon figure out that fiasco that is a lie.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎