Stiletto Screentime Totals

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

As always thanks for the numbers! I was a bit surprised Lois had more than 20 minutes. I guess that last scene must have been pretty long.

Comment

Originally posted by cloisthelegendbegins
      Requiem - Clark: 23m 35s

You were saying?
      I liked "Requiem" better than "Power". I thought it was a good episode if they could have gotten rid of Lana, also I liked Toyman.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
        I understand what you are trying to say about Requiem. I just don't feel there is need to be so sensitive on matters like this. No one enjoyed seeing Clark like we saw him at the end of Requiem but that arc had an expiration date and it's long past. It was over 5 episodes back and it's not happening again.
        I’m sorry I said I’d peace out and it’s late (even later where you live) and all that but the last post for the day. I'm afraid you're generalizing again. ‘You’ don’t feel there’s need to be so sensitive but it still doesn’t change how ‘I’ feel. And I think some people did enjoy seeing Clark like the way he was, according to what I read on the board. The requirements one needs to enjoy an episode are unique to each individual, isn’t it? And I think ‘Stiletto’ is also a good example for this because even among the Mythos fans our opinions are split in two. Both opinions are okay (and any other opinions for that matter), and IMO, no one should be made to feel as though the way how we feel about things need to justify.

And in your previous post you’ve mentioned ‘Craving’ which is the episode from S1 that you said you didn’t like, but then you tell me there’s ‘an expiration date’ for the Power-arc which happened ONLY 5 episodes ago and you called it it’s already expired? How so? It maybe expired for you but that’s your opinion and honestly I have much more clear image from ‘Requiem’ than from ‘Craving’ (8 years ago!) right now.

Lastly, it wasn’t about Requiem but it was all about how I’d like to see Clark’s SC is used. For the same reason I didn’t think ‘Stiletto’ was a filler, I didn’t mind that he didn’t get the most SC for this particular episode because I think it served him in the positive way. YMMV, but for me, I joined SV’s S8, looking forward to his double identity storyline and FYI, this is what TPTB called as ‘main theme’ of the season before S8 started. Even though this so-called main them has a tendency to be in the background for many episodes, as a Superman fan, this RBB storyline is the arc which I enjoy the most. Clark had very important milestones in this episode in the overall Superman Mythos, and it makes me VERY happy. And when Clark Kent makes this huge Superman fan happy, it’s pretty much a good sign, don't you think so?

ETA: If you also like to peace in again, then I’d be here tomorrow. Good night.
        Last edited by bigblueplanet; 04-27-2009, 04:24 PM.

Comment

I was a bit surprised Lois had more than 20 minutes. I guess that last scene must have been pretty long.
          That last scene was 3m, 34s for Lois, which is a pretty long scene by SV standards.

Comment

Originally posted by tyson08
            I liked "Requiem" better than "Power". I thought it was a good episode if they could have gotten rid of Lana, also I liked Toyman.
            Heck if they'd gotten rid of Lana, we'd have got our season eight Clark back and I'm all over that one! I too liked Toyman. It was the way Clark was portrayed that bothered me the most. And that's saying something considering the superpowered Lana Kryptonite sponge scenario.

In response to Costas' comment about Requiem having an expiry date? As far as I'm concerned it was an open festering wound on season eight. And those things may heal over a LONG period of time, but the scar remains.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Tompouce
            Annie, I just realize your post was an answer to someone who said when Clark is more than 20 mn in an epi, it is a good oneAnd your answer deserves the best "" of the year
            Last edited by cloisthelegendbegins; 04-27-2009, 06:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by cloisthelegendbegins
              In response to Costas' comment about Requiem having an expiry date? As far as I'm concerned it was an open festering wound on season eight. And those things may heal over a LONG period of time, but the scar remains.
              Of course it was a wound Annie. But when the producers themselves give out the impression that they want to act like the arc never happened, that says a lot. I chose to stop dwelling on that arc for that reason. Since they were desperate to bring Lana back, this was another case of 2 wrongly positioned episodes. But i have enjoyed the show ever since. The next 5 episodes for me were from good to very good and almost on par with the show we were watching before Power.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                Of course it was a wound Annie. But when the producers themselves give out the impression that they want to act like the arc never happened, that says a lot. I chose to stop dwelling on that arc for that reason. Since they were desperate to bring Lana back, this was another case of 2 wrongly positioned episodes. But i have enjoyed the show ever since. The next 5 episodes for me were from good to very good and almost on par with the show we were watching before Power.
                I don't think they were desperate to bring her back. They didn't have much of a choice in the matter, but that doesn't excuse the horrific Lana arc.

Comment

Originally posted by tyson08
                  Of course, you did, nothing can be worse than Power, nothingJust after, there is Requiem though

Comment

Originally posted by AgentChaos
                    I don't think they were desperate to bring her back. They didn't have much of a choice in the matter, but that doesn't excuse the horrific Lana arc.
                    Yeah. The bottom line is the executive producers had control and they could have ended the Lana thing in a way that didn't make Lana have superpowers or in a way that didn't promote her while destroy every aspect of Clark's character. That was their stupid choice. I heard stuff that KK had input, but whether or not she did, they should have been responsible enough to shoot down anything that would regress their #1 character.

They screwed up big time & should never be given control again after this show is done. As soon as I saw the last scene in Bulletproof, I knew Clark was going to be screwed badly. I just didn't expect it to be as bad as it was.

Comment

xrayvision, nobody was expecting such a titanic. Really...

Comment

I was so angry about that episode that I just popped in my season 2 DVD and watched a good old episode with smart/confidentClark while the Power repeat aired.

I never thought I would hate an episode more than Ageless or Wither, but Power far exceeded that. Ageless & Wither were lame. Power was destructive as can be. It should have been renamed Cower to better represent Clark.

Comment

People were complaining about Lana having so much screentime in Power, while Lois has 2,5 more minutes in this episode!

Comment

Originally posted by Clana Kent
                            People were complaining about Lana having so much screentime in Power, while Lois has 2,5 more minutes in this episode!
                            nope, people were complaining about how it portrayed Clark, who couldnt figure one thing on his own and was basically B-plot whole episode, and why Lana didnt destroy suit, if she wanted to stop Lex, noone calls her on it, noone.

In Stiletto, Clark is proactive, connects dots on his own and is "voice of reason" to Lois, he, Jimmy and Chloe, all call her on it, she admit it and learns form it.

and btw it was about time to Lois have one episode focused on her, even tho it still was more Clois interaction episode, than other episodes, focused on other characters.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎