Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you think of Chloe Sullivan in this episode?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate her character now.They are messing with her badly this season.I hardly recognised her anymore.Her life is falling apart because she is always putting her nose where it doesn't belong,she always has to go help Clark,go see Davis when she knew that the guy has a serious crush on her and sometimes she has to do some work for Oliver too.Really if she kept her distance for at least 2 of those 3 men may be she would still be happy & married.I'm effraid they are changing her into Lana number 2.
    Last edited by Sweetie; 04-27-2009, 03:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by topping82
      I love Chloe in the episode. I think some people look for reasons to hate her. I love how the whole "feeding" Doomsday thing got blown out of proportion. She didn't even push the guy.

Well anyway, Chloe is trying to do what she thinks is best. But it's a huge burden having to carry that kind of secret and it's taking its toll. Not to mention she's had a really crappy year.

I think we're supposed to feel sorry for her and Davis. They're both kind of in a crappy position. And no doubt, if Davis wasn't so doomed, Chloe and Davis would make a really great couple who would make each other really happy!

It's all just very sad. I thought it was interesting that they compared Clark saving Lois to Davis/Doomsday saving Chloe. Destiny vs. Doom. Actually Dooms saving Chloe reminded me of the scene in Moonlight, when Mick killed the guy who had a knife on Beth. It brought out his inner vampire! Isn't it cute that the Beast doesn't hurt Chloe? He was protecting her. It endeared me to Dooms.

I find it ironic that the two people (Chloe and Davis) who have worked their butts off to be good and help people and have a great career (a journalist and paramedic) are the ones who get a "doomed" destiny. And the two (Lois and Clark) who never really worked to get where they are (they had it handed to them because of their "destiny." Let's face it, Lois has never gone to college and didn't even have to work hard to get offered a job at the DP; and all Clark had to do was file an application), will be the ones who get a happy ending and some great "destiny." And no, I'm not trying to insult any character. I'm just saying. It's ironic.

I thought Allison Mack did a great job in the episode. Chloe is probably the most layered, deep character on the show. Chloe has so many different sides to her. But all sides that make sense.

No doubt she cares for Davis, and she cares very much for Clark as well as Lois. But she feels she needs to lie to protect everyone! And it's killing her inside. She has a huge burden. I'm sure Davis will be feeling some guilt over it (Chloe having this burden because of him) in future episodes.
      wow i nvr thought of it that way especially how Chloe/Davis ended up with a doomed destiny while clark and lois got it good.

Comment

• Well, actually it was just the Davis-secret thing. It was also keeping VITAL information about the Justice League on HER LAPTOP! And dumping the remains in th dumpster at her house!

Maybe she wasn't stupid, but she asn't too bright in this episode either.

I wonder if the writers are purposely doing this and for what reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by amalie
          It seemed to work pretty well to me but to each their own I guess.
          Lie detectors are very unreliable. Anyone who knows what they're doing can fool them. For example, the psycho asking Lois if she ever cheated on Clark. They're not a couple, only pretending, so answering no to that would be the truth, because they are not dating. But it went off because Lois was under stress, which the machine is programmed to read.

Comment

• I really enjoyed her character this episode, we've got the lonely Blur/Lois thing going on that gives a warm glow because we know they are not really alone, they have each other and then there's the person who really is alone, and scared. Very compelling to watch. I'm pretty certain that the portents of doom (ha!) with the music, slow stair climb and 'walking to the gallows' look at the end of Eternal alongside the Chloe who was just a mite unhealthy with pale, drawn appearance and deteriorating emotional state (painfully realistic portrayal of 'on the edge' from Mack) in Stiletto all point to a person trapped in to a situation she does not want to be in but has to... and being that she killed davis for Clark the first time and davis knew to tempt her by saying Clark would be safe if she stayed... seems a no-brainer that she's doing it for Clark and however wise/unwise her actions may turn out to be, it makes great viewing in the mean time.

Comment

• Originally posted by AgentChaos
              Lie detectors are very unreliable. Anyone who knows what they're doing can fool them. For example, the psycho asking Lois if she ever cheated on Clark. They're not a couple, only pretending, so answering no to that would be the truth, because they are not dating. But it went off because Lois was under stress, which the machine is programmed to read.
              Or answering no would be a lie because they're not engaged.

Personally I think the lie detector worked and I think the way Chloe responded to that question was a clear indication that she isn't in love with Clark anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by amalie
                Or answering no would be a lie because they're not engaged.

Personally I think the lie detector worked and I think the way Chloe responded to that question was a clear indication that she isn't in love with Clark anymore.
                Well, she can't have cheated on him because they aren't engaged, so that line couldn't really be a lie. I'm not lying when I say I've never cheated on my best friend, because I couldn't if I tried. I agree that that line was probably beeped at because she was stressed that he would think it was a lie, or that he would discover the bigger underlying lie, or whatever. The machines read stress, which is why kidnapping people, threatening their lives, and then running them through that machine isn't the best way to produce the most accurate of results.

As to Chloe, it sure looked to me like the machine worked as well as could be expected there. If it weren't for Abyss, where most of her cherished memories of Clark were really romantic, I would be saying she's absolutely over him. As it stands, I tend to think that maybe she thinks she's over him, but subconsciously she's still a bit hung up. It would explain why the machine didn't read stress on that question, because she honestly didn't think she was lying, as well as why she kept having images of them kissing when her mind started to unravel.

Just my totally off-topic .02

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎