Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ella
    I don't know much about ratings for reruns, but what is the average rating when it comes to that? Because 1.8 sounds absolutely horrible, especially if it's lower than Supernatural which Smallville always beats out no matter what. So if 1.8 is the rating that cushioned this episode then I'm understanding more and more the low rating. Though 3.02 is still...ouch! Really low!
    IIRC Smallville average for reruns is 2.3 2.5million

Comment

5 new episodes have aired since Requiem. I think everyone of us has gotten over it. I think that Eternal did 3.9 or something like that. With the increased competition last night, it's not difficult to imagine such a drop. A lot of males will prefer play offs once they begin. And there is always Bones.

Comment

it's 3,099 million and very lowww.. was this episode lower then abyss???

Comment

Originally posted by rick.itch
          Yep. It could be the lowest rating ever. Let's hope that the finals will give it a boost.

Comment

Yes, and "Abyss" didn't even have the New York and New England numbers factored into the rating because of football.

Comment

3.099 is really low but I think it has more to do with the Laker-Utah game and the hiatus. I know I was tempted to watch the Lakers instead of Smallville.

Comment

MOD EDIT I wanted the show to do well in the ratings whether Power was on or whether Bride was on.
                Last edited by Atomic girl; 04-29-2009, 07:18 AM. Reason: removed quote

Comment

thank god i hope next week will give us some higher rates and i hope the final will give us over 4 million hehehehe

Comment

thank god i hope next week will give us some higher rates and i hope the final will give us over 4 million hehehehe
                    me too

Comment

I hope this doesn't impact Erica's S9 contract.

Comment

Slightly off topic but Supernatural also got the lowest ratings of the year. Wonder what happened this week. I saw both Smallville and Supernatural and loved them both. *shrugs*

Same thing. I guess most people don't like quality tv shows...

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Kevin24
                        3.099 is really low but I think it has more to do with the Laker-Utah game and the hiatus. I know I was tempted to watch the Lakers instead of Smallville.

Yeah these stupid hiatuses do hurt the show a lot. I never get why networks keep doing this. Same thing with Eureka. We got 8 episode from season three, an entire year break with no knowledge as to when or even if the show was coming back and now apparently it's coming back June or July for just a few episodes and then ANOTHER YEAR LONG BREAK until the next season. It's like these networks are retarded!
                        Last edited by Kschreck; 04-24-2009, 10:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Yeah I noticed that too. When Smallville's ratings go up or down Supernatural has the same thing happen to it's ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by davidbrenton
                            I hope this doesn't impact Erica's S9 contract.
                            I don't think so. They would discuss with her her future role in the near future anyway. I don't think Erica is to blame for this.

Same here. I love the show.
                            Me too. Welcome aboard by the way.

Comment

There are a lot of good reasons for a ratings decrease, but maybe a number of the at home viewers thought this looked like a dumb episode. That was my expectation. I mean it's clear Lois isn't going to be a super-hero, and this was played in the previews as pretty cheesy.

It's too bad, because I though the episode was rather good. Maybe it will come up.
                              Last edited by Black Panda; 04-24-2009, 11:00 AM.

Comment

I knew this was going to be a filler episode and I can understand why many people chose not to watch it. Come on, there was nothing in this episode that added to the overall plot. I actually found Doomsday coming out to kill and then transform back to Davis instead of killing Chloe/going on a spree ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎