No announcement yet.

sylar not dying

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by targis
    Sylar Changes clothes faster than Superman now. He was talking to Nathan in a suit then he shapshifts to his true form and he is wearing different clothes. Earlier when he shapesifted his clothes didn't change like in the alley when he shifted from Sandra into his true self the clothes didn't change.
    I was gonna mention that but you beat me to it. So now he can shapeshift his clothes too. And he can make them expand & contract. Seems to me he should have been wearing very baggy clothes when he shifted into Micah's appearance. Even grew a backpack. Oh, well...

As for the spot in the back of his head, it's an inconsistency. No way around it. He can rearrange his brain? He evolved? Danko missed? The knife blade is too thin? None of those seem to answer the question I have about how he survived. One thing that the writers used to strive for was consistency. It's what kept things looking "real".

Comment

Hold everybody. You're missing something important.

At the end of Volume Three, Sylar was supposedly dead because because he was stabbed in the back of his head with a piece of glass. At that point and given the story of the show, he WAS dead.

Now... the fact that he survived was explained some eps. ago. I think it was HRG who said that the high temperatures of the fire made the piece of glass melt, so Sylar "came back to life".

Up to now everything made sense. The fact that last night's knife didn't kill Sylar is not a plothole and doesn't have anything to do with what happened back at the end of Vol. 3.

Why don't we just wait for the season finale and see how this is explained?
      Stop prematurely calling plotholes what is just an unanswered question.

Comment

Actually, the explanation did not change the fact that it WAS a plot hole. It is something known as "plugging" the plot hole. Unforturnately, the glass-melting-thingy also raised some questions (we discussed them in last week's episode forum).

Comment

I think people are missing the point. It's not that the surprise that he isn't dead because he's not suppose to be, but he should have been incapacitated until the knife was taken out. However, he clearly was not incapacitated and took the knife out himself.

Though, it's not really a plot hole at all since they've been alluding during the whole entire episode to the fact that the shape shifting ability is causing Sylar to change even when he doesn't want to. So this power could also mean he changing internally uncontrollably. It's not that Sylar chose to move the spot, it's a side effect of the powers he can't control. Just like him losing control over his ability when he starts to talk to himself, changing completely into his mother not just physically but also mentally. Every time he changes and then changes back to himself, he doesn't reassemble correctly, fragments of physical and psychological traits remain.
          Last edited by Jigga; 04-21-2009, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CompanyMan
            I fail to understand how he can shift brain parts around. That sounds unrealistic to me.
            Yes because everything in this show is realistic.

Ok, nuff sarcasm.

They are bringing it up because he has managed to grow extra teeth and one of his eyes stayed the wrong color. In theory he could change to things not human too if he learned how because he is managing to grow extra items during changes.

Since he has an extra tooth in theory he could learn to manipulate his own body during shifts.

Comment

Same here. I wonder if Peter will live forever as well, but I ahve a feeling by the end of the series, he will die saving the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshua
                They are bringing it up because he has managed to grow extra teeth and one of his eyes stayed the wrong color. In theory he could change to things not human too if he learned how because he is managing to grow extra items during changes.

Since he has an extra tooth in theory he could learn to manipulate his own body during shifts.
                You know what I think my problem is? It's that I always thought the abilities were based on evolution. It does seem as if they are shifting away from that and leaning a bit towards strange mutations. Extra teeth. Eyes failing to return to normal. Some of the abilities are hard for me to accept. Shapeshifting is okay, but is pushing the limit a bit. Now the spot in his brain where he can be killed has changed? Gone away? That seems out of line with evolution. Evolution takes time but Sylar has changed quickly. I have to stop there because it's making my head hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by haydenclaireheroes
                  Also in this last episode he did not seem so supprised that he did not die. mabe that is becuase it happened last volume.
                  Just what I was thinking. If he actually beleived he could die, why when he first met Danko would he so arrogantly expose his "sweet spot" to Danko, practically coaxing him into taking the shot? If he truly thought that he could die, he would not be so blatantly clumsy in exposing his weakness to Danko.

Comment

Sylar's weakness will always be his overconfidence, and maybe that is why he told Danko of the sweet spot. I think the reason Sylar was able to pull the knife from the back of his head is simply because Danko missed that microscopic sweet spot. If it had been hit he would've been incapacitated like before when Claire got him.

Comment

ya i really there is more to it then the shiftment of his brain

Comment

The knife was too short

Comment

mabe

Comment

The knife was fine. It caused him to collapse and lose consciousness. The blade on that thing had to have been at least six to eight inches -- plenty long enough to do the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by CompanyMan
                              The knife was fine. It caused him to collapse and lose consciousness. The blade on that thing had to have been at least six to eight inches -- plenty long enough to do the trick.
                              Right
                              he did go down and went his lights went out just like is supposed to happen but then he came out of it somehow.

Comment

I think the theory that his insides are out of place or rearranged from shape shifting is the safest bet. May not make perfect sense but few things on this show do.

Or it might be that his body isn't completely "solid" or "rigid" anymore because of his "Changeling" like ability (recall Odo on Deep Space Nine was liquid-like in his natural state). Sylar's biology may be more flexible or "fluid" like now, so that when the knife went in, it just pushed things around rather than penetrate/tear/rip through everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎