Hunger Games (Book Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ Nice. PeetaBread <3 *still hasn't finished Mockingjay*

Comment

Josh Hutcherson looks like Peeta now, with his blond hair.

@LuthorKent90 You may cry. Just saying. Let me know what you think.

Comment

My friend has been begging me for weeks to read hunger games, saying its the best and amazing so just giving it a go now... ok so far!!

Comment

Mark your calendars!! Hunger Games release date revealed to be November 22, 2013.

Comment

Sorry I lied. Hunger games comes out March 23, 2012. Catching Fire comes out November 22, 2013.

Comment

Wow sooner than I was expecting! From the photos they've been releasing it's looking good. *tries not to remember Gale dated Miley Cyrus*

Comment

Haha not only did he date Miles Cyrus but his brother is the father of Captain Kirk, and Thor.

Comment

The trailer for the films looks sooooooooooo goood!!! I cannot wait. Jennifer is the PERFECT Katniss <3

Comment

I have just started reading the first book in the trilogy, and have loved every minute of it thus far! I'm eagerly anticipating the arrival of this movie!!!

Comment

I finally finished the last book. [SPOILER]I should've just reread the whole thing, because now I'm confused. I didn't like how abruptly it seemed to end. :/
                      And the epilogue while nice didn't explain what became of Gale, and Haymitch (who just disappeared?)
                      And what about Peeta still having those false memories? Just wish that was explained.
                      [/SPOILER]

Comment

Okay, so I've managed to finish both The Hunger Games and Catching Fire, and am about... close to halfway through Mockingjay yes, I am a fast reader). I am LOVING this series. I'm still floored by the fact that I enjoy it as much as I do, because the concept isn't the sort of thing I would typically think I'd be into. However, the characterization is superb (I LOVE Katniss, Peeta, Gale, Prim, and so many other memorable characters), the pacing is excellent, the action and suspense are both top-notch, and I'm always left literally HUNGERING for more of this magnificent series.

Comment

Oh man, only now I found you here guys, well, thats wht happened when you only focus in post in SV forum area, lol.

I love The Hunger Games triology, I read them 2 years ago. But since last year with the movie and trailer, I just can't wait, I read again and again. Many characters are in my heart, but I think beyond them there are Peeta and Finnick ( <3). I really heart them. Honestly I got sooo happy when I got knowing that Josh Hutcherson would be Peeta. As a fan of Josh's work since the beginning of his carrear so I really got happy, I know he's that good, I'm sure he will be the perfect Peeta!

In terms of cast, the movie will be great too. (I'm just worried with whom they can get for Finnick, of course I have perfectly in my mind who should be, but its hard to be, so... it better they do good)

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Girl
                            Oh man, only now I found you here guys, well, thats wht happened when you only focus in post in SV forum area, lol.

I love The Hunger Games triology, I read them 2 years ago. But since last year with the movie and trailer, I just can't wait, I read again and again. Many characters are in my heart, but I think beyond them there are Peeta and Finnick ( <3). I really heart them. Honestly I got sooo happy when I got knowing that Josh Hutcherson would be Peeta. As a fan of Josh's work since the beginning of his carrear so I really got happy, I know he's that good, I'm sure he will be the perfect Peeta!

In terms of cast, the movie will be great too. (I'm just worried with whom they can get for Finnick, of course I have perfectly in my mind who should be, but its hard to be, so... it better they do good)
                            HEY! Welcome, Silvia! I was starting to think that posting in here was like posting in a ghost-town. You hopped onto the bandwagon for The Hunger Games LONG before I ever made the attempt to read them (I managed to conquer the entire series within the past month or two). Like you, I'm waiting on pins and needles for the movie to arrive in theaters, and I have no doubt that it will be absolutely AMAZING, especially with Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss (she was AWESOME as Mystique in X-Men: First Class) and Josh Hutcherson, who I agree will make a fantastic Peeta. Katniss and Peeta are definitely my two favorite characters of the series, and they comprise my favorite ship in it as well! Who are you hoping will get to play the role of Finnick, out of curiosity?

Comment

I love Hunger Games!!! I only found this thread now... omg, I can't wait for the movie! The cast seems great and I've watched the trailer many, many times.

I read the first book a bit late, since everyone was completely obsessed with it and that's sometimes a bad sign (*coughTwilightcough*), but then I picked it for a school thing and realized it was amazing and read it in a day. And then I got Catching Fire as soon as I could, since it was already out, and then had to wait forever for Mockingjay.

Comment

Originally posted by Firesong
                                I love Hunger Games!!! I only found this thread now... omg, I can't wait for the movie! The cast seems great and I've watched the trailer many, many times.

I read the first book a bit late, since everyone was completely obsessed with it and that's sometimes a bad sign (*coughTwilightcough*), but then I picked it for a school thing and realized it was amazing and read it in a day. And then I got Catching Fire as soon as I could, since it was already out, and then had to wait forever for Mockingjay.
                                I'm glad that I ended up reading all three at once, Mica, 'cause yeah, I would have had a REALLY hard time waiting on on any of the sequels with as much as I enjoyed the original. Welcome to the thread -- so glad to know that one of my mafia friends is a fellow fan of The Hunger Games!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎