No announcement yet.

Hunger Games (Book Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunger Games (Book Discussion)

Has anyone read it? I'm surprise theres no thread.

Stephenie Meyer recommended on her site. And I really enjoyed the book.
    Can't wait for the next one to be released!
    Last edited by LuthorKent90; 04-15-2009, 07:19 PM.

The Hunger Games was awesome because of the reality tv angle, which Collins played out to it's fullest effect. However if you want to read a book on the realities of kids killing each other in an arena read Battle Royale by Koushun Takami.

Comment

I can't believe no one has read this series!

Comment

Ive read the first book and its not bad. Although it is a bit of a ripoff of Battle Royale, the characters are well rounded and mostly likable. The book is structured fairly well although a little too much time is spent outside the battle at the beginning.

Was the large amount of time spent on what the characters were wearing relevant? It reminded me a little bit of the time spent describing the construction of a sword in the Eragon series.

Some of the characters i found most interesting like the coach didn't get much "screentime". Hopefully he is included more in the second book which i would be interested in reading.

Ive been struggling to find books i like recently and this one held my attention. Fairly decent offering.

Comment

This is on my school Book Club list. So ill be reading it soon!! Sounds really good

Comment

The last book of the series, Mockingjay, came out in August. I bought it but haven't gotten around to reading much of it yet. [SPOILER]The beginning was depressing[/SPOILER]

Comment

You read it cuz Stephenie suggested it?..

I've just finished Hunger Games and am starting the second book in the morning. I started reading them due to the media frenzy over who'd get cast in a movie and since my friends and I take bets on it. I had to read them to start writing my list. But I love it so far, and am happily picking them up when I'm done.

Comment

Um yes. This is back when everyone was obsessed with Twilight. Do not judge me.

Comment

LOL. I am trying so hard not too darlin. So hard. Just like thismuchjudging

Forgot it was Saturday and am therefore not able to pick them up from my school's library.
                  Last edited by Cherry Paige; 10-17-2010, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Alright guys I'm bumping this thread. Let's get excited ( or not) for the casting of hunger games. I've heard good things about Jennifer Lawrence as katniss and josh hutcherson as peeta. They just announced woody harrelson as haymitch. I can see him playing drunk what do you guys think. Who would be your dream cast.

Comment

No Hunger Game panel at comic con this year. They are in the middle of filming apparently because they are dong give-a-aways on the floor and you can win a visit to the set.

Comment

Originally posted by BohoRoohaha
                        Alright guys I'm bumping this thread. Let's get excited ( or not) for the casting of hunger games. I've heard good things about Jennifer Lawrence as katniss and josh hutcherson as peeta. They just announced woody harrelson as haymitch. I can see him playing drunk what do you guys think. Who would be your dream cast.
                        Thanks for bumping!

I'm excited so far for all of the casting choices except Peeta. I haven't really seen anything Josh Hutcherson has been in but he's not the Peeta I pictured in my head. And Peeta was my favorite character.
                        I hope there's good chemistry between Jennifer and Josh. (Peeta, Katniss fan )

I would've never thought of Woody Harrelson as Haymitch, but it does seem like the perfect choice. I also love that they cast Lenny Kravitz as Cinna, that's almost exactly how I pictured Cinna.

Donald Sutherland as President Snow= genius casting.

Comment

I like Donald sutherland as president snow as well. I read hunger game after the casting was announced but I still don't see Lenny kravitz as cinna. I'm on the fence with Liam Hemsworth. He doesn't look like Gale to me, but he's got the right personality and mannerisms. I think Woody Harrelson is perfect for Haymitch. It's basically like his character from Zombieland.

Comment

They are giving away hunger games posters and mockingjay pins at the summit booth.

Comment

Hunger Games Cover for the new issue of Entertainment Weekly coming out July 29th. "The Men of Hunger Games". Its been all over twitter. You can see it here:

The Hunger Games 1080P, 2K, 4K, 8K HD Wallpapers ✓ Must-View Free The Hunger Games Wallpaper Images - Don't Miss ✓ 100% Free to Use ✓ Personalise for all Screen & Devices.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎