Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do so many people dislike season 6?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y'know, Season 6 has been underrated by many people, and I don't think I realized that I was one of the people in that category until I actually rewatched half of that season recently, and there was a lot to like. I, for one, didn't mind the Lexana, though I always wish that it had led to Clark pursuing other romantic options (i.e. Chloe). Some of the creatures released from the Phantom Zone were really interesting. I loved how the show introduced Oliver, and getting to see the return of the Justice League was amazing. There are multiple episodes in this season that are among my all-time favorites. We also got to meet Jimmy officially, which is cool. So, yeah, I enjoyed most of Season 6, and much more in the second viewing.

--SGuthrie ><>' --

Comment

Season 6 was wierd, it had alot of cool gimicks but some of the worst storylines every all wrapped into one.

For starters I hated Clexana with a passion and to much of the season was devoted to that so big strike there. Just seeing Clark constantly upset about his love life got way to repetative. As other pointed out to many time Clark got relegated to the B plot as well. Season 6 was the season also that Clark's character seemed to be written like a BDA all to often. Add to that they had a couple less then spectacular episodes that the issue for them had nothing to do with the above mentioned reasons(Noir and Subterrean).

On the plus side, I liked the Phantom zoners and the gimmicks(Green Arrow, Justice League, etc). The best way to describe Season 6 would be a pile of crap with tones of sweet icing on it, if you can avoid the crap it was great(but hard avoiding the crap)

Comment

Things I loved about season 6:

1. Green Arrow
        2. Lollie
        3. Justice League
        4. Combat - Clark actually going out at night and being a vigilante, and then being a badass in the ring
        5. Lex faking Lana's pregnancy, absoultely sick, but a total emotional rollercoaster that was totally unpredictable
        6. Everything to do with 33.1 and Lex's experiments
        7. Lana gets a little dark side... just a little one... no longer the pink princess, she turns a little purple

Things I didn't like about season 6

1. Lex and Lana's happy scenes... kisses, sexy scenes... *vomits*
        2. The phantom zoners - though i think i was just majorly put off them from the beginning with 'wither'
        3. How pathetic and desperate Lex was in Promise, Lana already made Clark (Superman) look pathetic, and now Lex Luthor as well?
        4. I still don't understand how making Lana marry Lex by threatening to kill Clark was protecting Clark...

Comment

^^ Oh yeah, forgot. I loved Combat. After the puke-inducing Promise, we needed something strong to wash that dump with.

Comment

oliver belittling clark all the time really ticked me off as well about season 6

Comment

I absolutely love Season 6,how can anyone not?It had an awesome storyline for Clark.Where he had to retrieve all the phantom zoners.I like that because it made for some interesting stories and it showed Clark taking responsibility for his actions and learning a few things along the way from others.I loved the introduction of Jimmy Olsen and Oliver Queen.Though sometimes the greenarrow seemed like the center of attention,it was fine with me ,the episodes were good and it was only 7.The chimmy relationship was sooo adorable and cute,and it was awesome to see Chloe with someone that really loved her the way she deserves.I actually liked the lexana relationship in that season.For many seasons they hinted that Lex harbored feelings for Lana,so it was good to see it finally happen.The baby storyline was far more better than I expected it to be.Lex was really sick to go that far,and I loved seeing that.The best part though was the fallen relationship of Lex and Clark.It was so cool to see that dynamic of just hatred between them.Season 6 had so many wonderful things about it and came out with some really interesting and enjoyable episodes.It is definitely up there on my favorite seasons list.

Comment

Originally posted by Andyville
                Okay I understand that season 7 was lame a bit but why on Earth people on this forum dislike season 6? Lexana? Well it had to have something weak in it. The way I see it s6 was very well done with the two major arcs The Zoners and 33.1 developing beutifully through the season clashing in the awesome Phantom finale. And it had several weak episodes like every other season like Wither, Subterannean, Tresspass, Freak and Noir but everything else but that was WONDERFUL.Post your thoughts.
                I was turned off by season 6 because of:

-Lexana (this was the biggest reason)
                -Smallville focusing on the Green Arrow in the early part of the season over Clark
                -Clark's portrayal as a BDA (a continuing theme from Season 5), heavily depending on Chloe (to the point where she discovered super breath--a disgrace)
                -Poor execution of 33.1 (we didn't get to see what happens inside any facilities, such as Lex experimenting on freaks, holding them captive, and releasing them to do his dirty work)
                -Poor execution of Clark dealing with the Phantom Zone criminals (see Static & Wither)
                -Lack of training

Here are the episodes I really didn't like (mostly because of Clark looking like a BDA & Lexana):

-Sneeze (very stupid plot with Chloe discovering Clark's latest power)
                -Wither (horrible; one of my top 3 worst episodes)
                -Static (ruined by Lexana; 33.1 wasn't even seen--horrible)
                -Subterranean (very boring except that last scene)
                -Justice (Clark was the Least Valuable Player of the team; a disgrace of an episode)
                -Promise (another emasculation & character destruction of Clark)
                -Progeny (too much about Chloe, didn't care of the plot & plotholes either)

Noir was OK, but came at a time when they should have had a serious episode. The entire season was dragged down by Lana & Lexana. If Lana had discovered the truth about Lex a lot earlier, it could have been better. Lana was unbearable until Freak and even after that she did great damage to Clark's character (especially in Promise). Seeing how it all ended with Lana in season 8, I really dislike seeing her in seasons I actually loved, let alone season 6.

I liked Zod, a lot of Hydro, the 2nd half of Crimson, Nemesis (though Clark & Lex's friendship was analyzed through their attainment of Lana), and Phantom. Arrow was very good and should have been Green Arrow's only appearance (or one of 2-3 appearances total). Reunion was not bad, but definitely not great. Fallout was pretty good, except another person (Raya) had to die for Clark and Clark broke his promise to train (in season 7). Rage wasn't that good but wasn't terrible (had too much Green Arrow in it). Labyrinth was very good & one of the best of the season. Trespass wasn't bad but I wanted Clark to be more vocal when he called Lana out on her spying of him & breaking into the barn. Freak was very good & enjoyable, especially Lex & Dr. Bethany. Combat was also great. The best was Phantom though. It was much better than Vessel as a finale and the episode had a great pace.

Comment

i actually loved season 6, and i know mostly if not all of you hated the lex and lana relationship, i hated watching it it was weird, however it is very important it basically is the sole one thing which makes clark hate lex, ok there are other aspects of their decaying friendship but this is a major factor.

also "justice" what an episode with all the justice leagures, the introduction of green arrow, clark find his new ability(super breath), introduction of martian manhunter, the zoners, i also liked the episode where clark was attacked in the barn by a zoner and it makes him think he is a loon without any powers, clark and titans epic fight was another superb part of season 6.

seaason 7 on the other hand was pretty poor, its tough to find good points on s7, i did like lionel luthors death episode it was well panned out, although i would of liked lionel to of not died it was important to finally push le over the edge to the dark side....so to speak.

Comment

it was def Lexana that was the yuckiest relationship ever I just think that Lex is gross & for Lana to have been with him for sooooo long eww that was just I don't even know what to say because that was just the ughhh see I can't say it lol

----- Added 59 Seconds later -----

but overall season 6 wasn't too bad I do have to admit it wasn't my favorite season, Season 8 is my fav but it was okay
                    Last edited by CloisFan17; 04-15-2009, 11:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by ccs1986
                      i actually loved season 6, and i know mostly if not all of you hated the lex and lana relationship, i hated watching it it was weird, however it is very important it basically is the sole one thing which makes clark hate lex, ok there are other aspects of their decaying friendship but this is a major factor.
                      I hate Lexana mainly because the Clark-Lex dynamic was based on this in seasons 5 & 6. It should have never been about that. Never. It made me sick when in season 5 Clark didn't respond when Lex said he ended up with the thing Clark loved most (Lana) after also mentioning his parents & his life.

The fallout between them should have been all about their ideals, not that conniving witch. I can't believe how they wasted those seasons with that garbage. I knew that TPTB were going to waste Lex's last few seasons on the dumbest plots and later on they would wish they still had MR to use as Lex in the better plots.

Clark mentioned to Lex in season 3 (Legacy & Memoria) how the more Lex & Lionel go at it, the more like Lionel he became. They should have shown this switch happening in season 4 (it happened suddenly towards the end of the season in Commencement) and then continued Lex's transition to becoming more like the old S3 Lionel.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                        -Promise (another emasculation & character destruction of Clark)
                        Not only the emasculation of Clark, but of Lex as well. Do the writers even care that there 2 main male characters look like a bunch of overly emotional wusses. Unless somebody was totally into the Clexana drama I have no clue how people consider this a good episode

Originally posted by xrayvision
                        heavily depending on Chloe
                        Yeah this was a huge issue for me and it seemed to get progressively worse from 5 -> 7. They slowly turned Chloe into his one stop shop for answers
                        Last edited by Supsfan; 04-15-2009, 11:59 PM.

Comment

^^^hahahaha that is so true & no I don't think that the writers care lol

Comment

Originally posted by cksidekick
                            I actualy decided to join K-Site durring season 6 after lurking for a while. I found this site sometime in season 5.

I remeber at the time all the "Green Arrowville" comments going around. I got into tons of debates about screen time that season. Many would have put their left legs up in a wager that Oliver got more screen time than Clark. Obviously not true BTW.

Other than the Lexana which I wasn't happy about, as it did make Clark look like an idiot, I realy like season 6. In fact I think I may pop it in the old DVD player tonight and watch a few epis. My nephew asks to watch Justice every time he comes to visit.

I feel the need to expand and clarify here. My problem was never that Lex and Lana had a relationship. Clark's reaction to it is what made me sick. I mean what guy wants to be with the ex-girlfriend who is sleeping/living with, engaged to his ex-best friend? An ex-girlfriend who kisses him with a gigantic ring on her finger? How can you think this woman wouldn't cheat on you in the future!?

I would kick any guy I call a friend strait in the ass for acting the way Clark did. Pouting at the wedding because she actually went through with it (WHATEVER THE REASON FOR DOING SO)

Go to a bar. Get drunk. Get laid. Get into a fight. Whatever! Just get over it and move on! It was time to throw in the towel but somehow he never actually did.

Anyways, that's my rant for the day.

Comment

^^Thats kind of harsh

Comment

Originally posted by cksidekick
                                I feel the need to expand and clarify here. My problem was never that Lex and Lana had a relationship. Clark's reaction to it is what made me sick.
                                That's my beef with it as well. They could have made Clark worried for Lana but not romantically interested in her and he would have came off better, but having Clark constantly depressed about his life and wanting to steal a engaged girl was terrible for his character. But I guess that filled TPTB's quota for unneeded romantic drama.

I think part of the reason I enjoyed the Green Arrow stuff was that Clark never came accross like an overly emotional wuss most the time

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎