Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alice

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember the episode .07%? Linderman told Nathan that was New York's population in the big scheme of things. Meaning out of 6 billion people in the world, NY was only .07% of that. And the The Company wanted to sacrifice New York to "save the world". It's one of the "necessary evils" young Angela was talking about...

Comment

Originally posted by targis
      They didn't even go back to help the others.
      Didn't they, though? They rushed right back as soon as Angela heard the storm warning. By then it was probably all over, and even if it wasn't, there might have been such high winds that they couldn't get close enough to do anything.

Then, probably after it was all over, they went back to the diner, and that's when they talked about founding a Company. Since the scene of them trying to get back was omitted, it understandably could seem to some that they didn't try to do anything, but I'm sure that's not the case.

Comment

Yeah, didn't they say something along the lines of "we have to go now," before the scene about starting the Company? I didn't realize there was confusion there...

Comment

I got the impression that she said that they had to get back out there and they looked at her like they were thinking "I'm not going back out there" and thats all I saw. They didn't show them ever leaving the cafe or anything. I don't see any evidence they ever left the cafe to go back to coyote sands.

Comment

Where she went

Alice can control the weather.

When she went out into the storm at the end of the episode she could have controlled the wind and made it pick her up into the sky.

Comment

Would contolling the wind be the same as contolling the weather?

Let's entertain that for a minute. Although it's hard to say for sure, my guess would be that she weighs close to 180 to 200 lbs. She did look a bit chubby by my recollection. How much wind would it take to lift her up and carry her away? I'd dare say quite a bit, more than your average thunderstorm, probably.

Comment

Originally posted by CompanyMan
                Would contolling the wind be the same as contolling the weather?

Let's entertain that for a minute. Although it's hard to say for sure, my guess would be that she weighs close to 180 to 200 lbs. She did look a bit chubby by my recollection. How much wind would it take to lift her up and carry her away? I'd dare say quite a bit, more than your average thunderstorm, probably.
                I don't know how much wind it would take. I do think wind is part of the weather though.

Thinking about it the ability to control the weather is a broad and powerful ability.

I guess if she wanted to she could make baseball size hail and when they get close to the ground control the wind and make them collide with people.

She can make lightning come out of the sky and strike people with incredible accuracy.

Comment

She can make lightning come out of the sky and strike people with incredible accuracy.
                  You've got me there. It was my understanding that she can control the weather, but not any specific part of the weather. But it did look like the lightning strike on Mohinder was intentional.

I think it was left intentionally vague how she dissapeared. I doubt that the writers would intimate that she somehow flew away though. I think it's just as credible to say that she knew the compound like the back of her hand and was able to run quickly to another building while the storm was still raging.

Comment

Originally posted by CompanyMan
                    You've got me there. It was my understanding that she can control the weather, but not any specific part of the weather. But it did look like the lightning strike on Mohinder was intentional.

I think it was left intentionally vague how she dissapeared. I doubt that the writers would intimate that she somehow flew away though. I think it's just as credible to say that she knew the compound like the back of her hand and was able to run quickly to another building while the storm was still raging.
                    Yeah Mohinder being struck was what I was talking about.

It seems to me that if she would have just run off on foot and hid in another building they wouldn't have just looked around for a few min and said well I can't find her lets go get a hamburger at the cafe.

No, they would stay a few days until they found her. After all it was their family.

Comment

Yeah Mohinder being struck was what I was talking about.

It seems to me that if she would have just run off on foot and hid in another building they wouldn't have just looked around for a few min and said well I can't find her lets go get a hamburger at the cafe.

No, they would stay a few days until they found her. After all it was their family.
                      Yeah, that does seem cold. And yet that's just what they did. I guess one could assume that Alice just didn't want to be found, so might as well leave her alone. There are a number of problems with the episode, and leaving Alice behind was one of them. Nobody seemed to mind. In my family, pulling a stunt like that would qualify for capital punishment. The Petrellis just go out for dinner.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎