Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally got to see a younger version of them

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

^Yeah that's when everyone was wondering if they were going to make Nathan, Peter and Hiro brothers lol! I remember that line...

Comment

Originally posted by last man of krypton
      Issues 24-29 of the Heroes Graphic Novel explains whether or not Arthur had powers all along.

[SPOILER]Arthur didn't know anything about special abilities during the war, and was shocked when Linderman displayed his power. Though it doesn't explain whether or not Arthur's powers are natural, he at least didn't receive them until well after the war.[/SPOILER]
      I just reread ALL of those issues and nowhere did it say He Had powers, he was afraid of Linderman as a matter a fact. The emotions he would have had would have kicked his powers in if indeed he had any, which he obviously didn't.

I can't tell what was blocked out but how can a graphic novel be a spoiler?

Comment

Just highlight the text to reveal blacked-out text. I've considered it a spoiler in case people hadn't read the graphic novel yet.

Comment

Originally posted by number8
          I liked seeing the younger version of the early Company founders. I got a chuckle out of Bishop and Linderman, I kind of wished Bob displayed his power though.
          Umm, this was in black and white, it would have been tough to show off a power that turns things into gold.

Comment

Originally posted by The Striving Artist®
            I was confused about Zimmerman's appearance.Here he seemed to be in league with Chandra and the rest of the group.Yet in "I AM BECOME DEATH" he talked as if he had worked for The Company and got his memory wiped by the Haitian.
            He did tell Tracy that he worked for a company, but couldn't remember what company he worked for. I doubt it was the Haitian, but it could have been Charles Devereaux who made him forget.

Comment

Originally posted by TheANIMAL (marcus)
              Umm, this was in black and white, it would have been tough to show off a power that turns things into gold.
              Huh. Hadn't thought about that...

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by CompanyMan
              He did tell Tracy that he worked for a company, but couldn't remember what company he worked for. I doubt it was the Haitian, but it could have been Charles Devereaux who made him forget.
              Interesting point--telepathy is becoming quite the encompassing ability on this show. I wonder if telepathy could affect powers...telepathy is said to control every part of the brain, which on this show includes powers...
              Last edited by Skaterpen357; 04-16-2009, 03:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by LOONEY
                I just reread ALL of those issues and nowhere did it say He Had powers, he was afraid of Linderman as a matter a fact. The emotions he would have had would have kicked his powers in if indeed he had any, which he obviously didn't.

I can't tell what was blocked out but how can a graphic novel be a spoiler?
                He still didn't have them when Linderman showed up at his house with Angela sitting on the couch.....If they made the company when they were really young did Arty not know?
                I mean the war would have been after "1961" epi so he already new Arts wife? i don't get that at all! So he must not have know his wife had powers then either?

Comment

I think that things make slightly more sense after it is realized that the episode 1961 is not a flashback episode, but a retcon. I once stated that Heroes does not have retcon episodes, and then the writers threw a retcon into my living room. Live and learn, I guess. I'm sure it wasn't intended to be a retcon, but a rose by any other name is still a rose. A few of the characters had their histories rewritten, most notably Chandra Suresh, but to a minor degree Angela, Charles, Bob, and Daniel also had their histories re-written. I'm a huge fan of Heroes and I do my best to roll with the punches.

Comment

Originally posted by targis
                    Angela/Charles a couple? Strange they would put them together like that. Maybe Angela has another kid out there somewhere.
                    Maybe Simone was Peter's half sister.

Comment

Originally posted by topo21
                      Maybe Simone was Peter's half sister.
                      EWWWW, NO!!! They slept together!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I think that things make slightly more sense after it is realized that the episode 1961 is not a flashback episode, but a retcon. I once stated that Heroes does not have retcon episodes, and then the writers threw a retcon into my living room. Live and learn, I guess. I'm sure it wasn't intended to be a retcon, but a rose by any other name is still a rose. A few of the characters had their histories rewritten, most notably Chandra Suresh, but to a minor degree Angela, Charles, Bob, and Daniel also had their histories re-written. I'm a huge fan of Heroes and I do my best to roll with the punches.
                        I just hope they don't waste this new Mohinder plot...retcon or no, Chandra's encounters with evolved humans changes a lot about Sylar's origins, etc. Unless of course you subscribe to the "Chandra got mindwiped" theory, but really, unless Mohinder's plot pans out well, they could have just used Zimmerman for that role...

Comment

It wasn't a very obvious retcon, and as retcons go i think this one is forgivable. This episode taught us a hellova lot.

I can see now the ultimate nature and grand scheme of heroes.

--------------------------------------------------------

Pre history, people have powers far in the past, the activation of powers has something to do with eclipses.

After the events of 1961, the company is born.

The company successfully removes the secret of people with powers from the government. It also makes smaller the problem of people with dangerous abilities by locking away these dangerous individuals.

Problems started to escilate, individuals with ever more dangerous powers are creating havoc and the company cannot control everything.

The freindships within the company begin to fall apart. High ranking members of the company loose their objectivity and execute risky dangerous plans, most noticably Arthur, Adam and to a lesser extent, Linderman.

Sylar is "activated" by Noah and Elle.

The new generation of Heroes start getting their powers after an eclips and suddenly this newer generation of Heroes stats to unravel the companies objectives all this come to a climax with the election, the comapanies plan to destroy New York is thwarted, as is their long term goal to have direct control over the white house.

Linderman is killed. Sylar looses his powers due to injury.

The company is going into overtime to clean things up and now the companies old friend and new enemy, Adam, is back to reak havoc and destroy the world with a virus, his plan is thwarted.

Sylar gets his powers back.

The future is revealed to Hero and the world is going to split in two, somehow.

Things go from bad to worse for the company when Arthur reappears and tries for a new scheme to give powers to the military and control the world through those controlling people's powers. His plan is thwarted and he is killed by Sylar.

Sylar detroys the company completely.

Nathan spills the secret of people with powers to the governement. Things appear to go full circle, the governamnt has the scret and a new "company' has to be formed to keep the secret form the government.

It is revelaed that Sylar has become involved in the governments plans and impersonating Nathan in order to get into politics.
                          Last edited by TheANIMAL (marcus); 04-17-2009, 04:43 PM.

Comment

It was quite obvious that it was a retcon for those who have followed Heroes since volume one. And unfortunately, it opened a plot hole big enough to drive a Mack truck though it. We once thought Chandra's Patient Zero was Sylar, but not anymore. Now it's the folks from Coyote Sands. C'est la vie.

Comment

It was quite obvious that it was a retcon for those who have followed Heroes since volume one. And unfortunately, it opened a plot hole big enough to drive a Mack truck though it. We once thought Chandra's Patient Zero was Sylar, but not anymore. Now it's the folks from Coyote Sands. C'est la vie.
                              I don't see that as a TOTAL retcon.Since everything in Coyote Sands was destroyed,Chandra could have been a "free agent" learned from his mistakes with working for the government,and decided to start fresh on his own terms.

Also Charles ability could have been something else completely than just telepathy.He could sense and influence emotions.Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by The Striving Artist®
                                I don't see that as a TOTAL retcon.Since everything in Coyote Sands was destroyed,Chandra could have been a "free agent" learned from his mistakes with working for the government,and decided to start fresh on his own terms.
                                Not everything was destroyed. Peter found a film and gave it to Mohinder. Chandra had papers in the basement of his New York apartment building. If the government was that sloppy, I'm sure there's more.

Even if Chandra was mind-wiped, the papers from Coyote Sands should have convinced him to start in Arizona and not New York, or at least to visit the Arizona site. Also, Chandra (in volume one) claimed he learned about people with abilities by utilizing the Human Genome Project. That project wasn't started until 1990 . I think you get the picture. Big plot holes.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎